The Natural Reviews

• Jun 27, 2020

I remember watching The Natural as a kid and loving it and now today I watched it with my family. The Natural stars Robert Redford and directed by Barry Levinson. The storyline follows Redford as a fictional older rookie baseball player who achieves greatness and stardom with his bat that he built from an old oak tree that was struck by lightning. I could watch this movie over and over again and it never gets old. It's one of genuine old fashion baseball flicks that evolves around heart and love for the game. The movie also starred Robert Duvall as a sports writer, Kim Basinger and Glenn Close as the love interests. Definitely add this one to your library.

• Jun 15, 2020

Another classic Robert Redford movie. He plays a man who joins the major league baseball when he is 35 years old. Seems he is still in his prime. The movie doesn't only qualify as a baseball movie, but a drama, thriller, and romance. Full of classic scenes and memorable characters.

• Jun 13, 2020

Another Redford classic! I’m one of the few who is not a fan of both basinger and close as the two women. Also did anyone ever notice Hobbs strikes out at the end ?

• May 12, 2020

Slowly and awkwardly placed, cheesy, boring with poor acting and halting dialogue. Really don’t see what the fuss is all about with this film.

• May 09, 2020

Strange movie lack emotional depth, realism, but not wooden actor Redford or predictability. Despite serious flaws, could be worse (naturally).

• May 09, 2020

Really for kids. Has a Disney feeling throughout. Did not finish

Really for kids. Has a Disney feeling throughout. Did not finish

• Apr 24, 2020

If you like baseball, you will enjoy this movie, which has excellent actors. There is nothing not to like. The Natural is about Roy Hobbs' love of baseball, his fall from innocence, corruption from pride, overcoming temptation, and redemption. In my opinion, the negative comments about The Natural are overscrupulous. A movie like The Natural must be seen more than once to appreciate its nuances and greatness.

• Apr 18, 2020

I'm no fan of organized sports and thus baseball, but I love this movie. Like so many mythological stories, it's about what it is to be human and speaks to the struggle towards ideals. Yes, it is sentimental, but that's what's called for in this movie. Pay no attention to the cynical naysayers. This is a beautifully crafted and acted, top list movie (whatever list you make) and a must see modern classic.

• Mar 30, 2020

"The Natural" is full of Hollywood exaggeration and unrealistic baseball, but director Barry Levinson and star Robert Redford still manage to deliver a hopeful message about an old baseball player being given a second chance.

• Mar 22, 2020

Love this movie and baseball!! Loved watching it as a kid!! A pure classic!!

Love this movie and baseball!! Loved watching it as a kid!! A pure classic!!