Never Let Me Go Reviews

• Nov 08, 2019

The tone doesn't change through out, I remember waiting on the emotional kick, payoff for all those hours of the movie. then . . . and it makes sense.

• Oct 31, 2019

very sad movie, but i love it anyway.

very sad movie, but i love it anyway.

• Oct 26, 2019

I was riveted by this movie; superb acting. It makes me apprehensive how easy it is to persuade people to do the obviously wrong thing for obviously selfish reasons. Haunting.

• Aug 22, 2019

A haunting, bittersweet film as intelligent as it is well-acted, Never Let Me Go has a lot to say about humanity, but does so slyly, with imagery more than commentary. It is a rare film that is so graceful in it's execution, one can only technically classify it as science fiction.

• Jul 14, 2019

More dystopian food for thought

More dystopian food for thought

• May 31, 2019

This review reflects the disappointment I have with a film based upon a wholly illogical affront to that essential incontrovertible will to survive which each and every human has as the preeminent core function of their being. So much does it contradict the basic logic of what anyone would actually do under the circumstances in which these characters find themselves, that it came across to me as utterly inane and caused me to become increasingly despondent that I was expected to extinguish my comprehension of this well known fact about all living things in order to engage with the story in any meaningful way. In regard to any other 'message' it might be trying to convey, the fact that it relied upon the audience psychologically selling out this most basic of core instincts, known to be prevalent in all of the entire human race exterminated the validity of said ideas, as I found it impossible to watch more than half without registering ever more dismay at this illogical flaw. I seriously question the intellectual caliber of the entire production team, including all of the main mature actors, for imagining for even one second that any character within a plot who discovered themselves having been raised for the sole purpose of having their organs harvested to benefit and lengthen the lives of strangers would ever choose to remain in the clutches of those who intended this future and for them to not just run away at the earliest possible convenience! At least the film 'The Island' (which works on a similar premise) employed the device of the idea of a promised island that the characters were whisked away to in order to keep them ignorantly keen, but this film expects us to somehow excuse it, perhaps through some high handed stripping of our minds of reason via an overshot belief in its own power to exercised that embedded 'suspension of disbelief' trait, and, as it is upon this premise that the film relies, I found the entire venture far too completely stupid to endure it to the end (despite Carey Mulligan being so cute that I could easily watch her picking her nose for 90 plus minutes and remain content!)

• May 27, 2019

A dystopian story with a love story at its core. Very unsettling and left me with haunting feelings.

• May 22, 2019

Really interesting movie. It brings in the ethics and humanitarian concerns of cloning for organs by showing you their world. Very thought provoking.

• May 21, 2019

Never Let me Go ï¿ 1/2 1/2" Review This movie sucks. It's rlly sad and it didn't have a happy ending. WTH! I watched it after my cat had just died, and it did not cheer me up AT ALL! I'm still hurting. ï¿ 1/2 1/2ï¿ 1/2Â? There was some chick named Kathy who had a boyfriend that died and that rlly sucked (cuz of my cat) and she watched him die. How sad! This other chick Ruth snaked Tommy from Kathy and that rlly pissed Kathy off. The only good bit was when tommy SCREAMED hahahahjahahahahajahah ï¿ 1/2 1/2ï¿ 1/2Â?. The again, it reminded me of my reaction to my dead cat ï¿ 1/2 1/2ï¿ 1/2Â?. But yeahï¿ 1/2 1/2 not really a feel good story! I went in thinking I would forget abuout my dead cat, but the truth is, I've talked about my dead cat about 4 times already in this review. Dang, I miss sprinklesï¿ 1/2 1/2 that's 5 now. I loved his white fluffy fur (6). We used to go to the park together and I would sit and eat my egg and mayonnaise sandwich whilst he would roam around and eat the birds. It was fun. In conclusion this movie SUCKS REALLLY BADDLY cause my cat died and it was sdad thx 4 reading

• May 18, 2019

I might be completely stupid on this and missing something really important but; after hearing their fate and after having complete freedom why the hell didn't they just bugger off and get lost and off the radar? I don't understand. I only made two thirds through though.