19% Transcendence Apr 18

—— Unforgettable: Season 3

Next Friday Reviews

Conner R

March 27, 2010
A half wit follow up to a semi-descent movie. When Chris Tucker won't sign up for a sequel, it's usually a bad sign. Mike Epps was a horrible addition to the cast, reducing everything to bad punchlines. While it does have some good elements, the bad certainly outweighs the good.
FilmFanatik
FilmFanatik

April 22, 2007
A decent sequel.
middleeasternfilms
middleeasternfilms

May 16, 2008
Probably the weakest out of the trilogy, but still not that bad. The Mexican guy is super-annoying and very stereotypical, but a break from the big-as-fuck villains like Deebo and Damon. Epps is a nice change of pace from Tucker.
Rachel F

November 27, 2007
Hilarious. I think it was just as good as the first one.
EightThirty .

August 28, 2007
Part 1 was better...I like the Vacuum scene, that was funny ^_^
sanjurosamurai
sanjurosamurai

January 18, 2007
nothing to the first one
kpn666
kpn666

June 24, 2006
theres never been a another series of movies to which people actually remember the entire script to - cause its that good!
boxman
boxman

February 23, 2006
[font=Arial][color=darkred]In 1995 people were cheering for a small movie then making waves on video about shiftless lay-abouts and an interesting weekend they have. No, it wasn't Weekend at Bernie's 2, it was Ice Cube's collaboration with director F. Gary Grey on the urban comedy Friday. Now five years later, Next Friday takes off where last Friday was, and thus is now this Friday. Confused? You won't be as soon as the opening credits hit.[/color][/font]

[font=Arial][color=darkred]Ice Cube brings everything to the table with his sequel to the surprise 1995 hit original -- as chief actor, producer, writer, and even casting assistant. Word. Cube -- that's Mr. Cube to you -- lays on the charm and brings together an amusing supporting cast with him to suburbia. Together they wreak havoc and smoke marijuana. The plot has as much substance as a New York City dime bag, but that's all Cube needs to assemble for himself a vulgar, stupid, but funny picture.[/color][/font]

[font=Arial][color=darkred]Believe it or not, there are sporadic moments of inspired comedy, but they get lost in a cloud of pot smoke and crassness. The thinly plotted story is stretched to its limit at 93 minutes, leaving room for lots of vulgar un-PC humor -- but, hell, I did laugh. The shame is that Next Friday relies on tired, if not offensive, stereotypes as sources for comedy.[/color][/font]

[font=Arial][color=darkred]Next Friday lacks the dumb charm of its predecessor, and Chris Tucker's motor mouth is missed most, but at its best Next Friday is disposable fun. Something tells me I would've enjoyed the movie more if I were stoned while watching. But then again, the same probably holds true for all movies.[/color][/font]

[font=Arial][color=darkred]Nate's Grade: C [/color][/font]
xxdebxx
xxdebxx

June 14, 2009
The main character is again ICE CUBE and his cousin DAE DAE played by Mike Epps. Dae Dae is the homeboy who replaced Chris Tucker (and does a great job at it also). Deebo (Tiny Lister) is still looking for his revenge on Craig. So Craig's father hides him in the posh Beverly Hills district where he has relatives who won the lottery. However his family has wasted all the money they've won and they still need to pay for their new house. If they don't get the money, they'll be evicted. Craig and Day-Day try to find a way to get the money to keep the house. Every place has its friendly people and every place has its bullies who in Rancho Cucamonga take shape of three Latino thugs called the Joker brothers.

Craig and Day Day get into some hilarious scrapes as they try and get the money together to stop Elroy's house being repossessed for unpaid tax bills. The Joker's women provided some good eye candy and Lisa Rodriguez (The Jokers? sister and Craig?s love interest) was hot as well.

Cube is a good writer, and he came up with such original lines like, "You ever heard of El Nino?" "Yes." "Well, this is El Negro."

NEXT FRIDAY provides laughs if you just watch the movie and try not to look for flaws.
Lee K

February 26, 2008
like i said on my review of the original friday, this series is freakin hilarious. I totally love don "dc" curry as uncle elroy, i was pissing my pants!
PC79
PC79

October 27, 2006
Can't stand this movie anymore!!!!!!!!!!!!
May 29, 2008
I almost file this one under the 'so dumb it's watchable' slot, but you just can't ignore the many many mistakes & failures in Next Friday. Ice Cube had a respectable acting career before this. Since then, he's sold out for formulaic grab for cash films. He seemed like he cared more about promoting the soundtrack than making a good film. Mike Epps is a funny guy, but doesn't fill in for Chris Tuckers absence well. Characters just aren't as interesting or developed as well as the first. Debo and his ridiculous side kick are boring. The Mexican neighbors are beyond annoying. And John Witherspoon couldn't make bathroom humor work for 2 films. His brother, Uncle Elroy is probably the best character in the film who has the funniest lines. In the end I don't hate this movie, but I know it's bad.
March 11, 2012
Next Friday has a few moments, but all in all is not even close to original. Mike Epps does what he can to replace Chris Tucker in the first film, but just is not as funny. The story is also much worse. The villains were also quite annoying and were not as built up as the original villain Debo. Stick to the original.
guachinangoferoz
February 24, 2011
Ok sequel, but not as good as #3 and certainly not even close to the masterpiece that is the original
tmannamt
October 7, 2010
All of the heart and the warmness of the first is kinda gone, but since I've seen this more times than the others, I really like this one, still very funny.
June 10, 2010
A sequel that just never seemed right in a series without Chris Tucker to help continue it. Highly inconsistent from the first film that went in a completely different angle. Still funny, but the chemistry of Tucker and "Cube" are absent here because Tucker is absent. Ice Cube, I'm sorry... but you are not a leading man. And Mike Epps. God, I hate Mike Epps. For everyone who says Chris Tucker annoys them, you do not know annoying until you hear the sound of Mike Epps' voice. >.<

Also missing Nia Long. :(
tabitharod
June 3, 2009
I refuse to watch this because Chris Tucker wasn't in return of the movie in his character as "Smokey" but I watched and was LMAO in this movie!! Day Day and The Jokers are crazy funny guys!!
March 13, 2009
damn no character smokey in this film and he is great character. i give it to rate 4 half star. ice cube is return to as craig is heading to visit his cousin day-day(mike epps)and his uncle elroy that deebo(tommy lister, jr)who stalk craig for revenge(did happening in from original "friday").
August 4, 2008
When your first movie sucked ass, I guess the smart thing to do is make a sequal that sucks ass more? That's about all I can say, maybe it's because I'm not a stoner and have a brain, but this just isn't funny!
brich051
July 18, 2008
Mike Epps stole the show in this one. Not nearly as good as the first - but the comedy was still supplied.