Night Shift Reviews

• Jul 14, 2020

Michael Keaton is a blast, the rest is not.

Michael Keaton is a blast, the rest is not.

• Jun 22, 2020

it is hardly entertaining, way too long for what it is and demeaning towards women.

• Jun 16, 2020

One of Ron Howard's earliest films (number 2). Very standard 80's film. It is funny with a very simple plot. Look for Kevin Costner and Shannen Doherty who have small roles. The musical score is basically and instrumental version of "That's What Friends are For" and then sung by Rod Stewart at the end.

• May 16, 2020

While Henry Winkler could never be confused with an academy winner, he turns in a fine performance. It's a good comedic movie with a lot of good moments. Certainly worth watching. Michael Keaton shows the promise that he will turn in in future endeavors

• Kevin M. W Super Reviewer
    Feb 18, 2020

An early Ron Howard film that showcases his ability to work within the studio confines more than anything. Shelley Long's ass is the other third of the work, and Michael Keaton. The plot, that boring city morgue officials become big city pimps, seems pedestrian, and more suited for (and played to) early evening network audiences - a situation comedy, and not a very good one. "Comical" stereotypes abound. Pass.

• Nov 04, 2019

Too over the top to be better and unreasonably silly. It does have some moments though that put a smile on your face.

• Mar 01, 2019

This is one of my most favorite movies. Henry Winkler's character is the opposite of The Fonz, he is funny, Keaton is funny, Shelly Long is too. I love underdog stories. And the old school 70s New York vibe and soundtrack takes me back to sweeter times. Ron Howard is a great storyteller with a camera, and directs his actors well. I can watch this movie over and over. Same with the film After Hours.

• Feb 02, 2019

The best comedy movie ever made!

The best comedy movie ever made!

• Sep 10, 2018

Great Old 80's comedy fick.

Great Old 80's comedy fick.

• Mar 24, 2018

It succeeds by coasting on Michael Keaton's manic energy... and that's good enough for me.