Night Skies Reviews

• Mar 26, 2019

It was a movie i neved forgot, well except for the title. Slow boil then heated horror and suspence towards the end. It ends off with a interestkng cliffhanger.

• Mar 28, 2017

Night Skies: This low budget horror, loosely based on the 1997 mass UFO sighting over Phoenix, with its stupid dialogue, lame acting and ridiculous rubber aliens, is one of the most laughably awful movies in recent history, proof that anyone can make a movie if they want it badly enough. F

• Jul 10, 2013

Makes you watch the night skies--Overall great close encounter film!!

Makes you watch the night skies--Overall great close encounter film!!

• Aug 28, 2012

Worst fucking acting ever

Worst fucking acting ever

• Feb 01, 2012

Well, fact or fiction is about a joke in hollywood these days. So this wasn't all that great. Rubberheaded aliens and cheesy acting. Don't watch.

• Sep 09, 2011

Has anyone npticed that this film perhaps was an attempt to compliment 'Fire in the Sky'? First off, the film opens up with one of the most suspensful scenes in the movie before rewinding to the beginning, it's based on a true story, the title : Night skies, compared to Fire in the sky,' the scene where one of the main characters wakes up aboard the alien craft, with the opening shot being his hand smeared in alien goop. Perhaps Roy Knyrim was confused and didn't know how to direct an alien film so instead he piggybacks over another film. A poor attempt of a movie. But what was interedting and ratehr drawinf, was his ability to make the whole alien thing actually seem from 'outer space', and that was what seperated this film from many other alien abduction films. Poorly directed, written terribly, and I won't even go into the acting, but is definately a stand out from the sci fi genre.

• Feb 18, 2011

First thing you get is John McCain archive footage and the rest gets better, too. The 1997 Phoenix Lights UFO incident retold with evil aliens attacking kids in their camper. Campy, bloody and fun.

• Jul 30, 2010

This movie is meant to make you think. Yet, how come it made you not want to watch it after the first Boring-Thirty Minutes?? I liked it sense of dependency on the UFO lovers, but it didn't really reach out to the Mainstream audiences, in which most films are apreciated. I can honestly say, I am a part UFO Fanatic, But I am not obsessed. I also relatively, yet tradgicly enjoyed this film's failed attempt at being the next "Close Encounters". It was a big upset. If you Understood it's poorly and Drool way of explaining it's plot points and the true, yet the oddly enough events that occured On March 13, 1997. To claim these testomonies, and tales of these people is hard to say, yet Honestly to Refute the "Phoenix Lights"? I have no reason, Do you.?

• Luke B Super Reviewer
    Jun 04, 2010

As much as I hate to admit it, aliens creep me the fuck out. It's probably the simplistic form they usually take, their silence, and yet knowing how intelligent they are. Even a low budget, shoddily acted bit of hokum like Night Skies, has enough to unsettle me for the most part. A lot of it is in the amateur leagues, but the director certainly has an eye for sticking stuff in the background. It gets even creepier when we see things that the characters don't. It's a shame that there's such a bombastic musical score to ruin a lot of the intensity. It's tolerable when it keeps itself simple, but when it goes aliens overboard it loses the mystery.

• Jan 20, 2010