Nim's Island - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Nim's Island Reviews

½ March 15, 2016
An old-fashioned fantasy adventure with Jodie Foster and Abigail Breslin, both brilliant as always.
½ December 12, 2015
Honestly had a really good time with this.
½ December 2, 2015
Colorful visuals, poor plot.
½ November 13, 2015
The story that could have been told here leaves one dissatisfied with this movie.
½ May 21, 2015
Light-hearted and occasionally funny, Nim's Island does not do its book justice, nor will it keep the majority of its audience occupied the entire runtime.
April 1, 2015
Love Abigail Breslin and love this movie. Very cute!
January 31, 2015
love this movie! Jodie Foster is my cousin­~?
½ January 18, 2015
Entretenido film de aventuras y fantas├Ča , aunque es una mezcla de estilos que a veces no logran definirse , cumple su funci├▓n de entretener , especial para los ni├▒os.
January 3, 2015
An alright movie. Wish Gerard Butler was in it more.
January 2, 2015
Not the best family movie i have seen and the story was quite weak aswell. But young kids will probably enjoy it alot and its a children movie after all. A plus for the nice tropical environments.
September 28, 2014
Breslin's young performance is cute and an ingredient on making this family film a fun one. Besides Breslin, both Foster and Butler done as well. (B+)

(Full review coming soon - with better wording)
½ September 13, 2014
Solid performance on the Jodie side of the story
August 1, 2014
thrilling and triumphant
½ July 31, 2014
My god this is bad, at the end of sixth grade my teacher told us to bring movies and we would vote on which to watch, unfortunately, some moron brought THIS. It was a fun experience because I had two friends sitting on the right of me, and two friends sitting to the left and this is what made it fun, because we just ROASTED the CRAP out of this piece of garbage, strangely enough, the GIRLS were enjoying it, but the guys were just sitting their and watching the PAIN unfold on screen. So, if you have a few friends who actually know what a GOOD movie looks like, you can have fun just DESTROYING this pile of crap, but if you are alone this is a terrible movie, plz stay away at ALL costs.

Half a star/5
July 20, 2014
An enjoyable kids film, with Jodie Foster (who's great in any role). Outstayed its welcome a bit, but silly fun.
June 17, 2014
Despite the creative nature of the film, I was shocked and appalled that the film company would set the island name to be Rarotonga, and perceive the habitants there as peasants gathering around tourist asking for money.
Rarotonga in reality is a beautiful island, even Hilary Clinton visited Rarotonga herself.
June 11, 2014
I saw a little bit of this movie on television a few years before and was disappointed by it. I couldn't keep my eyes on it and so, I ignored it. My experience of the movie back then was that it wasn't what I expected.

In the beginning, it has Nim narrating the story. Nim is a spirited little girl who inhabits an isolated island with her father, who's a scientist and communicates with a reclusive author of the novel she's reading. So the plot wasn't great neither.

This film is a tad too annoying, too funny, too fun, too suspenseful/serious, and fascinating. The music was too dramatic which was of course due to the film. The actors, compared to the poster were a pretty bad pick, though they all did well. I give it a 6.1.
May 29, 2014
½ May 24, 2014
Gerard Butler - never knowingly palatable.. Move is so so, does nowhere in no great hurry but doesn't overly suffer for it, Butler free it could have been average
April 9, 2014
think this is 2.5 or 3 stars but want to see again.