Normal Life Reviews

• Feb 01, 2014

This somewhat "obscure" movie is one of my favorites of all time. Ashley Judd delivers nothing less than perfection in her role as Pam, a psychologically disturbed young woman who can't and won't "settle down," and Luke Perry keeps up with her in his role as Chris, the ever-devoted loyal family man and by-the-book cop. Chris tries futilely to tame Pam, finally giving in her to her whims, only to end up doing the unthinkable. This film is tragic but beautiful, and will not leave you bored. A thrill ride from start to finish. A must-see that most have not seen, unfortunately.

• Sep 06, 2012

Been awhile, but I loved it.

Been awhile, but I loved it.

• Jul 10, 2012

What a nutcase! But it works :) good movie

What a nutcase! But it works :) good movie

• Mar 19, 2012

Not too bad. Surprisingly so, as it contains the first sign of a B-grade movie, Luke Perry. Interesting plot, based on a true story. While this could easily have become a paint-by-numbers docu-drama, it is more interesting than that, as the human side is explored. I only watched this because it stars Ashley Judd, and she doesn't disappoint. Even Luke Perry is believable in this.

• Jan 17, 2012

Solid true life drama from John McNaughton who directed HENRY:PORTRAIT OF A SERIAL KILLER.Luke Perry is good in the male lead in a role a million miles away from 90210 but the real star here is Ashley Judd who gives a fantastic performance as Perry's unstable wife.Good film,well worth checking out.

• Jeffrey M Super Reviewer
    Apr 02, 2011

Who, besides Sharon Stone, plays an emotionally disturbed woman better than Ashley Judd? No one, and this movie proves that. A strong 2/3 makes up for a muddled last act.

• Jan 09, 2010

• Mar 18, 2009

Luke Perry & Ashley Judd did a great job. I love this movie. I wish more people could see it.

• Feb 25, 2009

A guilty pleasure for some reason. It's an interesting and different movie.

A guilty pleasure for some reason. It's an interesting and different movie.

• Nov 13, 2008

Muuten olisin ehkä antanut vain kaksi tähteä, mutta Juddille piti antaa tuo ylimääräinen - häneltä hyvä roolisuoritus. Muuten elokuva jää ehkä vähän ontoksi - tarinan kuljetus on vähän turhan heppoista. Liian moneen juonenkäänteeseen jäi kysymys "miksi?"...