Reviews

• Jun 28, 2021

This movie sucks. I have not seen it in a while but I am determined to never see it again. It's a comedy that fails for the most part and (spoiler alert) while it's mostly a children's dream, it does not save the movie from its racist rubbish. Whatever you do, watch something else, because this isn't worth it.

• Feb 22, 2021

I remember seeing this in the theater back in 1994, (I was 9yrs old). It's funny, despite fitting the age range that this film is trying to appeal to (I think?) I found it quite stale. There's something off about it. Like Rob Reiner was trying waaaay too hard to gel with kid viewers. The only scene I clearly remember was North freaking out over his crack being exposed on a billboard. I recently watched this film again last week by accident, (ie it was on and I had nothing better to do). There's still something off about it almost 25 years later.

• Jul 09, 2020

Shockingly inept snooze-fest.

Shockingly inept snooze-fest.

• Jan 24, 2020

North is unfunny and disappointing and sometimes even kind of boring.

North is unfunny and disappointing and sometimes even kind of boring.

• Jan 06, 2020

This is the worst film I have ever seen.

This is the worst film I have ever seen.

• Dec 28, 2019

All of these people raging over the logic of a movie meant for children in their reviews is silly. This is a kids movie - it's over the top and not necessarily full of perfect logic or plot points, but it's not supposed to be. The movie does what it's supposed to as a mid 90s children's movie and is one of my favorites from growing up. The cast is amazing, the premise is fun and original, and it's silly in a way that children enjoy.

• Aug 28, 2019

North's premise seems like a harmless idea for a family comedy and Elijah Wood's commitment to the role can be admired but when you see this movie, is it any surprise that Roger Ebert felt uncomfortable watching this movie? He hated this movie. Hated, hated, hated, HATED this movie. North is full of terrible stereotyping, cringy jokes - some of which barely fit the criteria for being jokes - Bruce Willis pointlessly showing up as...a bunch of identical twins, I guess and an ending that's very obviously Rob Reiner taking the easy way out. Oh, and did I mention this was Scarlett Johansson's film debut, too? A glurgy film that's nowhere near the magnum opus Reiner seems to think it is.

• Aug 07, 2019

YOU...ARE...SCUM, MOVIE! And you arse of SHIT, too many ethnic stereotypes!

YOU...ARE...SCUM, MOVIE! And you arse of SHIT, too many ethnic stereotypes!

• Apr 21, 2019

"I hated this movie. Hated hated hated hated hated this movie. Hated it. Hated every simpering stupid vacant audience-insulting moment of it. Hated the sensibility that thought anyone would like it. Hated the implied insult to the audience by its belief that anyone would be entertained by it.", to quote Roger Ebert. And that basically sums it up.

• Mar 20, 2019

When Siskel and Ebert both heavily loathe a film, you better take their advice. This is one of the worst movies I've ever seen. The plot is among the worst in history; it is ridiculous, stupid, and beyond logical. The characters are horribly portrayed and filled to the brim with offensive stereotypes. I almost forgot to mention the bad script, terrible comedy, dreadful execution, and mean-spirited message. I wonder how Rob Reiner managed to get this project green lighted? I hated every minute of this thing. Overall Rating: 0.