The Notebook - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Notebook Reviews

September 10, 2017
Great directing, excellent performances and successful story telling; this movie has it all minus a bigger budget that would have definitely made a heap of money if more was added to it like James Cameron's Titanic.

Nevertheless, it is a good watch on any given Sunday, and for the men that don't like chick-flicks, films like this could not be considered one for it is more than your average love plot. Watch it with your women, chances are you'll likely enjoy it yourself.
September 5, 2017
An absolute CLASIC that you can watch with your chick. No other movie can take you on an emotional rollercoaster that this one does. If you ever want to have the slightest chance with a girl, just say you cried during the notebook and it's just over. For that reason I have to rate this 10/10, would watch again.
September 4, 2017
I don't really want to see it but my 10 year old sister saw it and it's her favorite movie!
September 3, 2017
Never cried so much during a movie. Sure the plot may be somewhat cliched, but its still very touching and heartbreaking.
August 31, 2017
I had to watch this movie and i was not to happy at first but it was a very great movie i would love to watch it a 2nd time with any girl that would with you <3
August 8, 2017
Great movie, great chemistry with actors.
July 27, 2017
A love story that will be watches through the ages.
July 23, 2017
Chick flicks can be good too.
July 22, 2017
This movie is a classic and any one who says otherwise doesn't have a heart
½ July 18, 2017
Interesting movie, the love story is good and the story itself is good, girls just cry in every sappy love story I guess, its up to a us men to hold back our tears, and this one didn't even need me to hold back mine cause none arose wasn't that sad at all compared to other stories.
July 10, 2017
A heart-wrenching romance tale
June 26, 2017
Unintentionally one of the most un-original romance movies, with the ability to remind us that clich├Ęs are the only way to entertain.
½ May 24, 2017
This movie makes me want to build my girl a house with my bare hands.
May 22, 2017
Classic romance tale. Beautiful performance from both lead roles and beautiful plot line.
½ May 13, 2017
Not quite as good as I had expected but it was ok. You want to know an even better story? War Room 2015. Excellent!
May 13, 2017
I like a sappy romance movie from time to time, but I have limits. The Notebook is too much. It is so corny that it will make you hurl. (First and only viewing - Fall 2006)
April 25, 2017
If the emotions dont get your tissues moist a shirtless ryan gossling will
April 23, 2017
One of my Favorite Movies!! This story never fails to pull my heartstrings and yearn for the elusive idea of True Love.
April 10, 2017
Will be one of my favorite movies of all time. No matter what mood I'm in, this movie makes me want to hold my love close and not let go.
March 25, 2017
Ryan Gosling and Rachel McAdams are both amazing in this movie. There's magic between them.