The Notebook - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Notebook Reviews

½ October 17, 2016
Very touching movie, only reason to dislike it would be if you are a cynic.
October 8, 2016
October 2016: bawled my eyes out yet again at the most beautiful love story ever.

Sappy love story. Young love. Matured love. Love no matter what. Love that hurts you, love that sustains you. Loved the book, really enjoyed the movie (again, and again!)

Jan 2012 - watched again, bawled again
½ October 7, 2016
This movie shows a version too much idealized of the love. Many persons will think that if a relation does not have the same characteristics, then it is not a real love.
October 4, 2016
This movie is amazing!!!! Without a doubt 5 stars!
September 30, 2016
Too Long, SAD, Tragic, Gena Rowlands and her character is horrible
½ September 24, 2016
A romantic comedy will at least have some laughs. This wasn't a comedy, it was just a melodramatic love story that was boring. B-actors in a story that seemed to be written by a high school girl. The last 15 minutes with Garner and Rowlands save this from being completely forgettable.
September 2, 2016
Heard this is really good, cant wait 2 c it!
August 29, 2016
Ah God... THIS MOVIE. I'm not typically into romance stories or movies, but this one is an exception. I can't even think of this movie without getting goosebumps. The house, the boat in the rain scene, the kiss, the pain in the ass speech.....the love they have for each other is something that happens only once in a lifetime. And good God, this movie will kick your emotions right in the ass. SO GOOD.
August 29, 2016
I love this movie because they feel in love with each other.and it sad at the end
August 15, 2016
This sounded like an ok movie, and I've heard lots of rave ratings about it!!
½ July 13, 2016
The Notebook (2004) C-123m. ??? 1/2 D: Nick Cassavetes. Ryan Gosling, Rachel McAdams, James Garner, Gena Rowlands. Dynamite drama-romance saga, rekindling of two young people who meet at young age but continue to love each other even after many years of separation. Vivid, mature, beautifully made, extremely well acted, and highly emotional. Rarely a romance story like this translates so well to the screen. Based off the book from Nicholas Sparks. A truly wonderful movie.
July 5, 2016
Really good movie!??
July 5, 2016
Even for a sappy, romantic movie this wasn't very good. I'm mystified by its popularity.
June 17, 2016
Their chemistry is hot. I don't know how a woman could chose between those two men. The movie at points was cheesy, but def good chick flick material. Most guys i know even like this romantic flick!
½ June 10, 2016
Nicholas Sparks needs to stop writing.
June 5, 2016
It's characters are interesting and the acting is superb
May 27, 2016
this is sooo romantic.
May 21, 2016
Very beautiful and sad at the same time.
May 16, 2016
It's intriguing. Why it's a classic? Why everybody loved it? I want answers, NOW.
½ May 11, 2016
Not sure why everyone talks about this one.... it is pretty ordinary.