The Notebook - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Notebook Reviews

June 26, 2017
Unintentionally one of the most un-original romance movies, with the ability to remind us that clichès are the only way to entertain.
½ May 24, 2017
This movie makes me want to build my girl a house with my bare hands.
May 22, 2017
Classic romance tale. Beautiful performance from both lead roles and beautiful plot line.
½ May 13, 2017
Not quite as good as I had expected but it was ok. You want to know an even better story? War Room 2015. Excellent!
May 13, 2017
I like a sappy romance movie from time to time, but I have limits. The Notebook is too much. It is so corny that it will make you hurl. (First and only viewing - Fall 2006)
April 25, 2017
If the emotions dont get your tissues moist a shirtless ryan gossling will
April 23, 2017
One of my Favorite Movies!! This story never fails to pull my heartstrings and yearn for the elusive idea of True Love.
April 10, 2017
Will be one of my favorite movies of all time. No matter what mood I'm in, this movie makes me want to hold my love close and not let go.
March 25, 2017
Ryan Gosling and Rachel McAdams are both amazing in this movie. There's magic between them.
½ March 18, 2017
Could be a little melodramatic at times, but never gets boring. Also, you see the twist coming. Somewhat predictable. Interesting nonetheless!
March 8, 2017
Beautiful! It's a must see for anyone that loves romance!
March 7, 2017
The fuck is this shit?Well at least they aren't gay.
March 6, 2017
Being that I'm a guy, a guy that loves Star Wars, all the action movies with Arnold Schwarzenegger, Sylvester Stallone and the likes. This romance caught me by total surprise, as I loved every minute of it!
It reminds us of what's most important.... Finding your soulmate and loving them to the day we die.
There's a Noah & Aly out there for all of us, you just have to be patient and find them......
Excellent movie, and I've seen it many times over.
March 1, 2017
I love that movie... Such a good love story.
February 17, 2017
Une jolie histoire romantique, plombées par deux protagonistes pas très intéressants, et quelques scènes surréalistes réservant l'oeuvre à un public féminin.
February 15, 2017
Cliché, predictable and frankly too long. I don't understand why woman like these types of movies, I guess because its relatable and cute, but it was honestly not very good, but compared to most romantic films it was decent, but I prefer Rom Coms.
February 14, 2017
Requisite Valentine's Day viewing.
February 12, 2017
Such a great movie. Different from the book, but the love story manages to remain breathtaking.
½ February 12, 2017
A classical love story where true love fiercely wins and triumph over events and sillyness of one own actions. It is a beautiful story, for the ones that likes romantic tales.
The movie offers some very beautiful picture - when Noah and Allie are rowing the boats, it is just breathtaking and some remarkable acting. Though, the actors that did impress me were not the young Noah and Allie, rather the old man reading the Notebook and the old woman who seemed to have lost her memory.
How the two stories are tied up together could have been shared through the movie without becoming such a trivial revelation, but despite that the jumps between the present and the 40s is smoothly made.
This should be a movie perfectly likable for Valentine!
February 6, 2017
ooohhh, my favorite romance movie of all time!!