Now You See Me 2 Reviews

• Sep 01, 2019

Excelente secuela, digna sucesora de la primera, aunque con menos impacto.

Excelente secuela, digna sucesora de la primera, aunque con menos impacto.

• Jul 30, 2019

The predecessor was chaotic and unorganized. This one has more of a plot and that's why it topples the original.

• Jul 22, 2019

still a great watch but unlike the first one that had you on your toes from what could happen next, this one takes it's time to set up the tricks and magic.

• Jun 11, 2019

It still is as fun to watch as its predecessor. Don't mind something to put a smile on my face every once in a while. Watching it at the right moment is simply delightful.

• Jun 05, 2019

Totally destroyed the first one's worth.. horrible..

Totally destroyed the first one's worth.. horrible..

• May 16, 2019

Not as good as the first movie. The chemistry between the new Lula and Jack doesn't seem to be there, with Lula constantly in poser mode. It strangely makes me I didn't give Isla Fisher enough credit in the first movie, and I don't think she was that good in it. This isn't supposed to be believable; it's a ride, but again, not as good as the last one.

• Apr 27, 2019

The sequel of a mediocre magic movie but this time with a different female actress and a much more interesting villain played by Daniel Radcliffe. Daniel Radcliffe allows the series to go from a group vs. the government to them actually having a villain to antagonize them. It attempts to develop the overall plot following the order of magic people set up in the first one but sacrifices some of the characters charm to do so. The development of Mark Ruffalo's character is good but makes little sense that it is only now being introduced rather than already being established earlier. In general it seems to be a kind of duplicate to the first but very slightly worse.

• Apr 13, 2019

After being out of the spotlight for a long time The Horseman make their comeback, ready to bring one more bad guy in. Although it doesn't really go as planned once they get interfered. I looooved the first Now You See Me. I was blown away by how much I enjoyed it. I love all the magic tricks and I just want to see more and more. The way they made such a spectacle of the shows really gave me goosebumps, I enjoyed it so so much! So I was very happy once they announced this one, although it was a bit of a disappointment compared to the first one. I mean, the shows were still really cool and the way they made all the plans work, it was once again fascinating to get to know about. It just wasn't like the first movie. As I said before I adore the magic tricks, but in this film it just got to a point were I thought "nah brah, this is just not possible. There is no way you can do that" (referring to mainly the rain part). That was a bit disappointing. I really enjoyed their last trick on the bad guys though. All the actors did a very good job. We got Lizzy Caplan as Lula, a new character, and she. is. funny. I didn't like her from the start but once I got to know her I really enjoyed her character. Also want to take my time to praise Woody Harrelson, I love that man, he's a genius. His double role was so funny! This movie was, personally for me, not the first one, I was a bit disappointed. Nonetheless, I am excited for a new one (if there is coming one, but I hope there is).

• Feb 25, 2019

I thought NYSM 1waa interested, until I saw the part 2!!!!! Whooooooooooa whooooooooooooooa!!!! This is the best movie I have watched so far! Y'all gotta be truthful for once, Now you see me is just one of the most interesting movie in the world! Whoever wrote the movie, I duff my hat for you and for the actors, I'm thrilled! I love you all! And by the way, Ruffalo, your accent is the most charming accent ever! Dave Franco you are very very handsome!!!! In fact they are all cute and I wished I could hug them all! Going to watch this movie again!!!!

• Feb 21, 2019

Strengths: The main thing that worked about the first installment was simply how fun it was. The sequel continues most of that trend. The theatrics and magic both come across quite well. Thereï¿ 1/2(TM)s a scene where rain is made to stop in mid-air and it looks fantastic. The effects make it work, while the actors all seem to handle their characters with great flair. Jesse Eisenberg (J. Daniel Atlas), Woody Harrelson (Merritt McKinney), and Dave Franco (Jack Wilder) all have great chemistry together. Lizzy Caplan (Lula May) is a strong addition. She does well with a character who doesnï¿ 1/2(TM)t have as much to her as I wanted. Daniel Radcliffe (Walter Mabry) made for a better foil than I expected. Itï¿ 1/2(TM)s not the kind of role Iï¿ 1/2(TM)m used to seeing him in. The heist scene involving the card flipping is absolutely the highlight. It nails everything that is right about these movies. The magic, cool effects, and chemistry between characters all shine there. Weaknesses: My biggest gripe with the first movie was the twist at the end involving Mark Ruffalo (Dylan Rhodes Shrike). He does fine in his role but the character feels like an anchor around the neck of the rest of the story. The same goes for Morgan Freeman (Thaddeus Bradley) and it pains me to say this because theyï¿ 1/2(TM)re both great actors. I just donï¿ 1/2(TM)t really see the need for their characters. Cut them out and even the idea of the ï¿ 1/2Eye.ï¿ 1/2Â? You can refocus the script and make it tighter by honing in on what works. Overall: If you enjoyed the first movie, this sequel should fall right in line. It has almost identical strengths and weaknesses. A good time, but not much more.