Nowhere - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Nowhere Reviews

½ February 2, 2017
Reminded me of The Doom Generation, same style of filming and acting. Co-starring a young (18) Mena Suvari, how could you go wrong? More of a film for older teens and younger adults, I was 22 when it was released, so I'm old now and I'll still play it for my younger friends and family members who always say "another one of your weird movies...". Yeah, it's a weird movie. Worth checking out if you're in to this genre, not so much if you're in to the more mainstream styles of movies. It's not really serious, although it does touch on some serious issues. The characters Surf & Ski are my personal favorite; they're good looking blonde twin boys who talk in unison - very creative, I thought so anyway. Enjoy.
½ May 15, 2015
This would appear to be Araki doing his best John Waters impersonation. The problem? Waters never worried about being cool. This entire movie is a mess.
½ July 30, 2014
I have yet to see all of Araki's works before this film, but I think, from what I have seen, Nowhere marked the turning point from a hasty film-student style to a more mature style that isn't bogged down by fancy editing or a domineering soundtrack. There are still problems here though, namely that Araki doesn't seem to be telling us anything important or even all that interesting with his characters. Still, this film shows how Araki was discovering the style that would later make his film Mysterious Skin such a haunting masterpiece.
½ June 2, 2014
Drugs, violence, sex, and an amazing soundtrack.
January 15, 2014
Gregg Araki keeps on directing odd films about teenagers and aliens. This new film is dope and completely crazy but awesome to watch if you like underground cinema.
August 18, 2013
Crazy, ridiculous, hilarious trash. Highly entertaining.
½ July 30, 2013
The only good things about this movie are the soundtrack and watching cowboy. This is a Technicolor trainwreck of 90s trans-culture; yet you can't not watch it.
June 12, 2013
its my 3rd favorite movie of all time.
½ April 12, 2013
Oh my God the ending. Traumatizing.
February 3, 2013
For once the tagline for a movie is an accurate synopsis because Nowhere is "a Beverly Hills 90210 episode on acid." Gregg Araki's "Nowhere" has an ensemble cast of who's-who from the late 1990s teen stars (James Duvall, Rachel True, Mena Suvari, Ryan Phillippe, Heather Graham, Guillermo Diaz) as perverse, vulgarly inarticulate, Californian hipster nihilists. Some of the best worst dialogue in the history of film, bisexual fantasies, alien abductions, murder by a can of Campbell's tomato soup, cyber punk carjacking gangs, beefcake drag queens and a cameo by Rose McGowan, Shannon Doherty and Traci Lords as three vacuous valley girls who argue and gossip about each others dates before being vaporized by an alien leaving only their retainers and high heels behind. AMAZING!!!!
December 7, 2012
no where yet everywhere!
½ August 26, 2012
C'est frais, c'est beau, c'est créatif, ça fait se sentir jeune.
½ July 31, 2012
While the whole film is satirical and not meant to be taken literally, it's flawed plot does have some very interesting moments, particularly it's unusual ending.
July 20, 2012
Amazing opening credits. I'm outta here, what more can be said? Lol. This was definately the best of the teenage apocalypse trilogy. Best dialogue goes to; "Ahhhhhhhhhh".
May 28, 2012
I really loved this movie :)
May 28, 2012
wha one half star ratings? this movie = no need for drugs cause it's on crack itself. "wtf" will be runnin through your mind til the credits.
December 21, 2011
My new favourite.

"Dear diary, what a day. I swear I've never been so depressed, miserable, and lonely in my entire life. It's like I know there's got to be somebody out there somewhere... just one person in this huge, horrible, unhappy universe who can hold me in their arms and tell me everything is going to be okay. And how long do I have to wait before that person shows up. I feel like I'm sinking deeper and deeper into quicksand... watching everyone around me die a slow, agonizing, death. It's like we all know way down in our souls that our generation is going to witness the end of everything. You can see it in our eyes. It's in mine, look. I'm doomed. I'm only 18 years-old and I'm totally doomed."
November 5, 2011
This movie is a psychedellic pleasure to the eyes.
September 15, 2011
It goes Nowhere! It has no plot and it's stupid at times! You get to see James Duval''s smooth naked body in a few brief scenes though :-)
It makes up for how contrived this is!
½ August 17, 2011
Faut vraiment que j'arrête les cookies au LSD..... !!! Dommage, parce que casting de malades...