One Day - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

One Day Reviews

May 6, 2019
Pretty horrible date-night movie. I get the existential point it was trying to make - but honestly, didn't care for it.
½ March 25, 2019
This movie is awful please dont waste nearly 2 hours of your life on it like I did. Listen Jim Sturgess didn't do as bad as I was expecting, but Anne..... Having to endure her attempt at a british accent for the 86 minutes until she gets slammed by a garbage truck is worse torture then having to sit in jail for the next 20 years. I was so upset after watching this that I made this account just so I could write this single review. Other then this I may never use this account again. I have never thought someone getting slammed by a garbage truck was funny in my life until this movie which somehow made it almost comic. If you want a good laugh watch this I guess, otherwise please don't
½ March 3, 2019
"One Day" is a sweet and moving romance movie that I liked for the most part. I thought the movie presents an interesting concept about revisiting two characters on the same day, every year, for twenty years. This method of telling the story is effective because it kept my interest. In some of the middle sections, the movie starts to become a slight drag and the pacing takes a hit. However, I liked the characters all the way through, and I thought Anne Hathaway and Jim Sturgess did a solid job playing them. The storylines felt realistic and the characters are flawed. It's a movie that touched my heart and kept me invested, even when the story occasionally lost my interest.
½ January 12, 2019
Dumbest fucking movie about the crazy beautiful, smart, and wonderful emma (Anne Hathaway) falling for the stupid rich complete fuck up and spending her entire life waiting for him while he fucks around and is a miserable human. This is the kinda movie that makes good people think that shitty assholes will eventually come around. And somehow the writer/director/producer act like this is "romantic". Absolutely terribly movie that is bad for humanity.
½ December 23, 2018
Hold on, this was awful. Who directed this honestly? I have to say this is worse then the videos middle schoolers make for Health class teaching nutrition or some shit. I'll give this one thing I liked, the scenery. It was pretty. That is it. The acting was shit. The story was shit. This was just was just fucking AIDs to watch. damn. This movie made me sign up just to write a negative review on this. There was no chemistry, it was not romance. Way to quick, and fake and unrealistic. Damn. Whoever directed this should just quit work at KMART or Winco. Lord have mercy on the entire waisted time I spent watching this. The director was probably going through some tough shit to create this movie. Hope your doing well. Just dont watch this movie. Thanks Happy Holidays.
December 19, 2018
boring, predictable, horrible british accent from Anne Hattaway
½ November 14, 2018
Although it was fairly romantic and thematically peculiar enough to hold one's attention, it was also, at times, emotional whiplash and cringe-worthy. Still, the key characters have noteworthy chemistry here and they are just too cute to entirely pass up. I must say, the scenes where Jim Sturgess' hair is worn long make me shutter. He's not one who looks very becoming in that hairstyle.; I mean, he just looks like a bum off the streets.

[C-] -- 55%
October 29, 2018
Apart from the sad, endingthis movie was exceptional it embarks a journey of two young kids who behold life in front of them with their ups and downs to showcase how beautiful yet malicious one's life can be.
October 21, 2018
A very "pretty" and charming movie of its own kind, however it fails miserably to capture the essence of the novel by Nicholas Sparks. The ending makes me wipe away tears everytime. Still I recommend at least seeing it, but reading the novel FIRST!
½ September 24, 2018
Might see it again one day.
September 14, 2018
Not as good as the book - but still good!
August 22, 2018
Anne Hathaway is a great actress but this movie wasnt a good choice for her imo. it was uneventful and drug on..
½ August 17, 2018
Not as bad as the scores suggest. Good chemistry between the two and a bit sad in places. Worth a watch.
½ July 19, 2018
Strange film. Not entirely sure it was an even a good idea for for story. Anne Hathaway is great, but the male lead is just a little irksome.
July 15, 2018
Even though it is a slow narrative, it captures the essence of real love and the struggles of it.
July 4, 2018
I have no idea why some people are leaving negative comments about this film. The best romantic movie I have ever seen.
February 23, 2018
This movie made me cry harder than any other movie- even The Notebook. It is slow in some parts but if you watch until the end you won't regret it.
½ February 14, 2018
2018.02.15 in Viet Nam, i'll see this firm again!!!
August 13, 2017
it's one of few movies which make me cry so hard.
July 14, 2017
2017-07-14 Dex is a jerk for most of the movie. But overall it was ok.