Ordinary Decent Criminal - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Ordinary Decent Criminal Reviews

August 28, 2016
This is not something special but, when it doesn't try to fascinate you with its complex plot, it is fun to watch. When the badly directed first half hour stops dragging, it gives its place to an interesting crime film that maintains the sense of pace and that, finally, climaxes in a notable way. Ordinary Decent Little Film.
April 25, 2016
1/4 of the way through, not even a story or a damn given to be interesting.
January 25, 2016
I think people are too harsh on this movie as people usually are with stories that follow "criminals". It has all the appeal of a Guy Richie film it's fantasy folks quit hating on unconventional heroes.
½ April 8, 2015
I liked this, I see that some others didn't, and I don't get that because this was funny, gritty, action packed, and clever at times. Yes, it was hard to take on Spaceys accent but once you are over that it's a very enjoyable film.
March 30, 2015
While Michael's (played by Kevin Spacey) Irish accent seems barely passable in this work, "Ordinary Decent Criminal" stills fulfills its billing as a thriller/action-comedy fairly well. Some creative writing, and a rather convincing accent from Linda Fiorentino make this a pleasant and mildly amusing affair. In pure UK style, the most gun violence is reserved for the finish and though Michael's fate is predictable, there is still a feeling of good as this movie rolls its credits.
½ November 5, 2014
Forgettable heist film with some fun moments from Kevin Spacey.
October 31, 2014
spacey all ways good.
½ July 12, 2014
Barring the trademark charm of Kevin Spacey and a surprise Christoph Waltz cameo, this Irish crime comedy is extremely average. 5/10.
June 16, 2014
"The trick is they'll never beat you if you stick together and stay loyal."
½ May 28, 2014
This movie is carried by Kevin Spacey 100%.
May 8, 2014
It's fine, but listening to Spacey in an Irish brogue is sub-optimal...
½ September 15, 2013
Review:
This film seemed cheap and it wasn't that funny. Kevin Spacey's Irish accent was appalling, along with the silly storyline that just wasn't that realistic. The gang seemed to get away with the bank jobs, way to easy and you can tell that it was made before the days of forensics. I thought that I would give the movie a chance because of Collin Farrell, who doesn't really say a word throughout the movie, so I just lost interest from the beginning. As for the storyline, I think that the director was attempting a comedy/crime caper, but it went totally wrong when he decided to cast an American in Ireland with a Irish voice, who is surrounded by Irish actors. Disappointing!

Round-Up:
I wasn't really expecting that much from this film because I hadn't heard of it before, even though it has Collin Farrell and Kevin Spacey in it. After watching it I can totally understand why they kept this movie under the radar because I am sure that its one that they would like to forget. The amazing thing is that its supposed to be based on a true story, which means that the director really cocked up the project because it all seemed a bit of a mess.

I recommend this movie to people who are into there Irish crime capers. 1/10
May 5, 2013
really don't understand why this is so slated, its not laugh out loud funny but I did find it very funny, well made and spacey is wonderful in it.
½ May 1, 2013
There is an overriding feeling of smugness to this film that is very difficult to get past. The lack of real sophistication to the story only compounds this weakness. A mercifully short duration and the strength of the cast are the key plus points in this bewildering cult hit.
April 27, 2013
funny and interesting action movie! :) smart criminal who goes couple steps before police and some competitor criminals.
February 12, 2013
Spacey's shocking Irish accent totally ruins this. Oh and a plot relying on thicko Irish Garde is somewhat patronising too, not that I cared to notice from all the wincing at Spacey ruining the accent!
February 11, 2013
Ordinary Decent Criminal is one strange film, but I really got a kick out of it due to its rather eccentric ideas and tone. While the film's script does become rather erratic at certain points, it is a generally funny and interesting film most of the time. I've never seen anything quite like it and that's why it fascinated me so much, especially how it explores such a strange character and his criminal escapades.
½ January 5, 2013
Crap, don't waste your time, just watch The General
½ December 28, 2012
Many would be deilighted to see Spacey back as a criminal mastermind, but I think they would also be dismayed to know this is not a clever heist flick. I however, love it. It's a fun heist movie, just gotta love Spacey's antics.
December 17, 2012
Apparently I just remembered this movie all wrong. Are we supposed to find Michael's "antics" cute? The cops are incompetent, then they slightly inconvenience him and he suddenly fight back? Also -- PENIS ID! Forget about DNA and fingerprints. Penis ID is always accurate.