Paddington 2 Reviews

• Mar 11, 2020

Paddihaton is funny because is about a talking bear and a family .But has a lot people and very nois . This film is for people who like mees and action.

• Mar 11, 2020

This movie is cool because it makes you want to watch it agan also, it gives you anxiouness. Paddington is bold because he goter the bak robler on his oun.

• Mar 01, 2020

Comedy is great, great acting, fun to watch from the beginning to the end, interesting story. Love the movie!

• Feb 23, 2020

A wonderful film with great performance, a unique style and a massive heart make it one of the best feel good films around.

• Feb 20, 2020

Paddington 2 is not a great film. Paddington 2 is not even a good film. Paddington 2 is a perfect film. There are absolutely no discernible flaws to Paul King's Paddington sequel. From the natural expansion on the community of 32 Windsor Gardens to the ever so hilarious Brown family, every aspect of Paddington 2's story does a superlative job of building an immersive world of this vivacious, heartwarming bear named Paddington. However, the setting that we as viewers have become so accustomed to is flipped upside down when our protagonist is falsely accused of stealing a valuable piece of memorabilia at the hands of the vile Phoenix Buchanan. Ben Whishaw's iconic performance as the voice of Paddington undoubtedly shines yet again, as do the performances of Hugh Bonneville and Sally Hawkins as Henry and Mary Brown. These are not surprises. What was a pleasant surprise was the Oscar-worthy performance of Hugh Grant as washed-up actor Phoenix Buchanan, and Brendan Gleeson as penitentiary chef Knuckles McGinty. Both Grant and Gleeson elevate the film beyond not just its predecessor, but any piece of cinema. To say that Paddington 2 lives up to its innovative and ambitious stature is an understatement. As an admirer of film, there is simply no higher standard than this touching, gratifying, and flawless story of a young bear just looking to do right by his aunt. Five stars. A+. 10/10.

• Feb 16, 2020

Paddington 2 takes all the charm from the 1st movie and improves on weaker aspects such as the villain. Hugh Grant's villain suits Paddington much better and he steals the show every time he's on screen. Paddington going into prison and making everything better is heart-warming and Knuckle's arc in the film is nice to watch. The Brown's feel very underutilised though but it still a fantastic movie.

• Feb 14, 2020

Not quite as good compared to the first one. I appreciate it's carrying the torch for the small idyllic, sunny London community movie. And it looks very nice, but a lot of the jokes and gags are a bit groany and I can just imagine the exact kind of person I hate shrieking with laughter at them in the cinema. Hugh Grant is a rich slice and the prison idea is kooky and the VFX work integrating Paddington into the scenes is largely seamless and it's nice to see the who's who of British but part comedy actors. There's a lot of the film I found a little lacking even though it's cute, but the bits that work do work and it ends up a little like a Wes Anderson-lite.

• Feb 12, 2020

Love myself some Paddington. I think this one is better than the first, which says a lot because the first one was amazing.

• Feb 10, 2020

Sometimes, I think, we get carried away in chasing bells and whistles. We seek the fresh gimmick, the new, unseen perspective, while overlooking the power of simple fundamentals. The Paddington sequel is the epitome of those fundamentals. It doesn't need to threaten the world or dazzle us with fireworks because it understands the basics of empathetic storytelling. Armed with a pleasant cast of characters (even the unsavory ones), plus a wonderful sense of humor, it spins a simple yarn with elementary motives that still manages to charm and surprise. It's also unexpectedly well-crafted in a technical sense, with a sharp photographic eye and ornate attention to detail that must have been inspired by Wes Anderson. Yes, it's a family movie. I'd like to think Pixar has stomped many of those preconceptions to death by this point, but if you still can't get past the idea of talking bears in people clothes, that's your loss. What may appear to be a stiff bit of rudimentary mail-in shelf-filler is, instead, the big-hearted bedtime story you never realized you were missing.

• Feb 10, 2020

What a cinematic masterpiece.

What a cinematic masterpiece.