Pain and Glory (Dolor y gloria) Reviews

• GB
    33m ago

Nice cinematography. Storyline flowed well. Relationship with mother is poignant and strikes a cord. I'm a bit conservative, thus not too fond of Almodovar's typical heavy handedness with gender identity and drug use.

• 1d ago

A magnificent movie to watch. It may be Almodovar's best

A magnificent movie to watch. It may be Almodovar's best

• 2d ago

Disappointing. The reviews got me there, kept me in my seat awaiting a worthwhile story but frankly, I guess it comes down to his life & story, and yes, it totally bored me.

• laura
    2d ago

original portrayal of the life of a director.. addictions and relationships... great almodovar...

• 2d ago

This is a masterpiece. A directorial triumph for Almodovar and a role of a lifetime for Banderas. It made me laugh, it made me cry, and above all - it made my day. Simply the most heartwarming film I've seen all year.

• 2d ago

Almodovar's stories always unwind in expected ways, and this is no exception. I really liked the way memory and love and decisions were woven into this one.

• Linda T
    2d ago

Beautifully filmed and acted. A little slow in the muddle, but that didnt detract from the whole.

A - 3 E - 4 R - 4

A - 3 E - 4 R - 4

• Deborah D
    2d ago

excellent performances, a well told argument....

excellent performances, a well told argument....

• 2d ago

Superb. Nearly flawless. Well performed. GREAT script.

Superb. Nearly flawless. Well performed. GREAT script.