Pandemonium Reviews

• Nov 09, 2018

I was quite shocked at how unfunny this film was considering some of the talented actors involved (Tom Smothers, Carol Kane, Tammy Alverson, Phil Hartman, Eileen Brennan, Judge Reinhold, Marc McClure, Pat Ast, Paul Reubens, Eve Arden, Tab Hunter, Edie McClurg, Donald O'Connor, and many others you'd recognize but probably not know their name). Tommy Smothers, playing a mountie with his deputy, Reubens, are on the trial of a killer at a cheerleader camp. Smothers manages to overcome the awful material in a couple moments and Kane has a few moments as well, but most of the film is shockingly unfunny. Only worth watching for 80s nostalgia value, although the film is more of a 1980s version of the 1950s Riverdale/sock hop era.

• jay n Super Reviewer
    Jul 11, 2015

Dumb spoof of slasher films. Half a star for the lineup of old pros they managed to corral into this mess.

• Dec 28, 2013

This film is the funny version of "scary movie" with all the cliche 70's horror slashers. Great laughs with a great cast with moments that will make you cock your head to the side while scratching your head before you burst out laughing. If and when this comes out on DVD you have to get it!

• Nov 09, 2013

Extremely funny and fun slasher movie spoof--Give this film a chance!!

Extremely funny and fun slasher movie spoof--Give this film a chance!!

• May 26, 2012

one of the funniest movies i've ever seen. oh my gosh it is HILARIOUS. an amazing classic that anyone would love :)

• Aj V Super Reviewer
    Apr 23, 2011

I'm glad I finally got to see this on TV last night, it's not available to rent anywhere. This movie has just a bunch of my favourite actors, some of which I didn't know were going to be in the movie, so it was fun to spot them. The story of this movie is very goofy, it's a spoof movie sort of like the movie Student Bodies, but less scary and more fun. I especially liked Kane and Reubens performances in this movie. I really enjoyed this movie, and I recommend seeing it if you get the chance.

• Aug 26, 2009

Pandemonium really tries. I mean, it tries HARD! Come to think of it, that might have very well been it's problem. The cast is certainly up for the challenge and they frequently make things funnier than they probably were on paper. There's a few inspired moments, especially a scene where Eileen Brennen and Carol Kane re-inact a scene from Carrie. It's a great set up and the basic plot would make for a great slasher film. It predates Scary Movie by nearly 20 years and has a slightly more over the top and jokey feel than the previous years horror spoof, Student Bodies. It's a shame Pandemonium isn't as good as it could have been. There's so much going for it and so little coming out of it. If you're a fan of one of the actors involved or a completist, you might get a kick out of it, but it's mostly unmemorable.

• Jul 23, 2009

Saw this on ONTV in the dark ages before cable. Waste of celluloid. What were they thinking?

• Jul 16, 2009

It gets one star only bc of Pee Wee Herman!

It gets one star only bc of Pee Wee Herman!

• Apr 16, 2009

Disastrous horror spoof with Tom Smothers as Mountie investigating series of killings inflicted on cheerleaders. Misguided attempt to capitalize on success of AIRPLANE!, only a handful of laughs and even misses on a Ronald Reagan joke.