Parental Guidance - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Parental Guidance Reviews

½ July 1, 2016
Parental Guidance is hilarious and heartwarming. Parental Guidance makes a great family movie. This movie has the perfect plot too. I would very much suggest this movie.
June 19, 2016
As a basic family film, this movie does exactly what it's supposed to. It's light, fun, and a great family movie. It's not terribly deep but it deals with real issues in a funny and sweet way that's going to get smiles out of every age group watching. An easy watch with an adorable cast of kids, I would definitely recommend this for a lazy night in with the family.
June 13, 2016
Parental Guidance is the perfect feel-good movie for all families. Also, give me more Marisa Tomei.
March 12, 2016
parental guidance o S.O.S familia en apuros es una pelicula de comedia protagonizada por billy crystal, bette midler, marisa tomei y tom everett scott dirigida por andy fickman conocido por dirigir peliculas de comedia como heroe de centro comercial 2, la montaña embrujada, otra vez tu, ella es el chico, papa por sorpresa ,etc.
la pelicula cuenta con artie simmons (billy crystall) , acostumbrado a estar siempre a su par cuando el y su esposa diane simmons(bette midler) , a quien le encanta complacer a los demas , aceptan cuidar a sus 3 nietos cuando sus padres hiperactivos como helicópteros ( marisa tomei, tom everett scott) salen a trabajar . pero cuando los problemas del siglo 21 chocan con los métodos de la vieja escuela de artie y diane de reglas estrictas, mucho amor y juegos anticuados ,es aprender ser flexible - y no mantenerse firme - lo que hace que una familia se mantenga unida.
la pelicula es una comedia que funciona, buenos chistes y divertida y disfrutable para ver en familia, si es una buena comedia, no como la pesima pelicula de vacaciones (2015) y la tonteria de pelicula de adam sandler y wionna ryder ( mr deeds).
March 4, 2016
This one of Billy Crystal's funniest if not best works yet.
January 11, 2016
I love Bailee Madison movies
December 27, 2015
Parental guidance is just another funny kids movie, although the ratings were not great, the humor is pretty original and I've watched it several times.
½ September 29, 2015
Ugh. Where to start? Someone sprung this one on me and as soon as I saw Bette Midler, I knew this kind of "comedy" is not my thing. I sat through 45 minutes of 'Parental Guidance' and the only thing it made me realize is that everything about this movie is trying too hard to be funny.

The story is as generic as can be. 'Modern' parents want a week away from their kids and recruit the unwanted grandparents to babysit their kids. Cue the far-fetched generation-gap skits.

The acting, for the most part, is sub-par to cringeworthy. Billy Crystal and Bette Midler do try, but their supposed grandkids and their mom Marisa Tomei are as unconvincing, forced, rehearsed and 25th-take as they get.

So yeah, I wrote this review after just 45 minutes. My guess?? All generations bond eventually and put their differences aside cause they all have something to learn from each other. And they all live happily ever after.

If you care just as little to find out what really happens at the end of a generic tale like this one, then avoid this movie. YOU'll be the one living happily ever after.

Pros: None.
Cons: Generic, unconvincing, forced.
Verdict: AVOID!
September 20, 2015
What a sweet movie, with great performances by all. Was it clicheish - who cares! My hubby and eye had tears in our eyes, and love the emphasis on family......
August 27, 2015
A very good family comedy.
½ August 22, 2015
What is with all if the bad ratings? Billy Crystal was really funny and he did great! This movie was full of comedy and I recommend it! Screw the critics
August 15, 2015
Billy and Bette are a great team in the movie about the generation gap or more specifically the technology gap. Watched it again this afternoon and enjoyed it just as much as the first time. This is one we own!!!!!
½ August 13, 2015
Critics don't know what they're talking about on this one
August 9, 2015
Great movie it made me cry at the end.
August 9, 2015
Parenthood meets Cheaper by the Dozen.
July 25, 2015
"Parental Guidance" is a watchable movie that families can enjoy together. It has every cliche in the book but nonetheless, all of the themes are good and positive. It also is pretty funny in most places so at least it delivered on that note. It's pretty by the numbers but doesn't try to over do it and for that I enjoyed it enough for a one time watch.
July 8, 2015
Parental Guidance is a warm, sweetly scripted statement on the importance of family togetherness that benefits from a tremendously talented cast, although you'll definitely have to handle suffering through some overly tenderhearted, sticky-sweet moments and milquetoast philosophies.
June 30, 2015
I love this movie!!!
June 21, 2015
This is a great family movie for kids 5 and under and a good movie for adults too! There are lots of great laughs and Billy Crystal is great too!
June 13, 2015
Old school grandfather Artie, who is accustomed to calling the shots, meets his match when he and his eager-to-please wife Diane agree to babysit their three grandkids when their type-A helicopter parents go away for work. But when 21st century problems collide with Artie and Diane's old school methods of tough rules, lots of love and old-fashioned games, it's learning to bend - and not holding your ground - that binds a family together.