Paul - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Paul Reviews

February 27, 2018
Movies that mock God are always going to have "The Few" who will be rightfully offended. I always wonder Book of Revelation the have read and learned their Faith from.
February 22, 2018
Puntaje Original: 6.5

Con una entrañable historia y memorables homenajes a los clásicos de ciencia-ficción, Paul es más que un film de entretenimiento, sino que ahonda en temas socio-psicológicos con un caracerístico toque humorístico.
½ February 11, 2018
Simon Pegg and Nick Frost team up without Edgar Wright, but instead they get Greg Mottola. What ensues is a hilarious journey of Pegg and Frost playing British nerds, which is what they usually are, meeting a nonchalant alien who has the most unlikely alien name, an out of place female, and frequent sci-fi movie references that keeps us on board with the movie's pace. However, the film is slightly predictable, but the humor that ensues helps cover that.
½ February 9, 2018
Paul is a decent film. It is about English comic book geeks traveling across the U.S. encounter an alien outside Area 51. Simon Pegg and Nick Frost give good performances. The script is a little slow in places. Greg Mottola did an alright job directing this movie. I liked this motion picture because of the humor and adventure.
February 2, 2018
Pegg y frost no tienen pierde.
January 27, 2018
Funny with a great cast!
½ January 26, 2018
Really funny film, Simon and Nick do it again and Seths voice for Paul fits in so well, There's endless jokes from start to finish, A predictable but fun story, It's not a comedy for kids and some of the jokes were a little crude at times but it's easily one of the best comedies in 2011.
January 17, 2018
Great funny entertaining movie starring Simon pegg, nick frost, kristen wigg, and Seth rogen as Paul himself. The story itself is very generic but how it's executed is amazing and makes a funny movie to watch with friends on Friday nights. Good time with friends.
January 14, 2018
Endearing comedy with lots of touching and funny moments. Great exploration of friendship between guys.
½ January 10, 2018
Well you go in thnking that this is just going to be a simple nerdy sci-fi flick and thats what you get, however it is surprisingly funny and enjoyable!
A great cast and an enjoyable movie to keep you entertained!
Its Not one of my favourtie Pegg and Frosts movie, however bring in seth rogen and 'anal probe' then its still entertaining and keeps you very much amused!
½ December 19, 2017
The comedy here is far too broad and the jokes too obvious. Just to give an example, Ruth has her world view shattered and yet she feels liberated? There is no context here for this to work, but it's used to get her cussin and smoking pot because that's hilarious right? Sadly, for the average movie goer, this is sufficient. Oh, and there's an anal probe joke because, of course there is.
December 4, 2017
(4.0 out of 6)
When we see we are alienated from this world to enjoy having someone rather then no one in this world all what we enjoy seeing. When what others rather not see, means we belong to a select group of people alienated from those who are alienated from us. When what is alienated from the entire world & existence we see we don't alienate those we get to know when we enjoy the same feeling of being alienated, freedom to be who we are. When what we choose to alienate those are solely based on our values, our looks, and tastes that we all know whether we belong. When what doesn't belong and choose to alienate themselves from civility when it's government secrets we see where we belong, with those whose intentions are not cool when they are not right we see our hearts alienate hate. When what others remain alienated from the world we see they choose to remain alienated when others see the lengths others go to to use those for their own purposes to see that those different don't belong and others do. When what others can't see in what doesn't alienate us we see we are friends with those that who see us for who we are that counts when we are not alone.
Bradley T. Johnson
½ November 22, 2017
Never quite as funny as it could be, Paul never uses the talents of its cast to any reasonable degree. It's a disarmingly lame, and unenergetic and no one seems overjoyed in being a part of it. Sigourney is the best part. Rating: 51
½ September 7, 2017
Energetic, intermittently funny sci-fi farce.
September 2, 2017
'Paul' is by no means a complete disaster, and has many redeemable qualities, with the likeable cast helping no end. The problem is that it isn't funny - or at least, not nearly enough of the time; and above all it's rather forgettable.
½ August 14, 2017
very funny with a cool story and general premise. very entertaining. clever at times. lots of great characters and casting choices. i liked almost everyone in the movie, except the father. (2 viewings)
August 1, 2017
This movie with both hilarious and action-packed. Simon Pegg, Nick Frost and Seth Rogen were all extremely funny in this movie. I will recommend Paul to everyone I know.
½ July 21, 2017
Paul is a movie about 2 geeks who have a passion for sci-fi and aliens that just happen to meet an alien. The comedic timing of Simon Pegg and Nick Frost is stellar as always, and they definitely understand what makes a typical geek tick. In many ways their portrayals are just like British versions of Big Bang Theory characters. Seth Rogen voices the titular alien, and he didn?t annoy me as much as he usually does. He is definitely crass and foul-mouthed, but there?s an endearing quality to his character that I did enjoy. My favorite part were all the references that pervade this entire film. It talks a lot about other great sci-fi movies and even makes fun of some of the tropes in a loving way. You can see the reverence they had for Spielberg and other sci-fi greats.

Sadly, there was a little something missing in Paul. FIrst of all, I probably could have done without the heavy anti-religion bias, but that?s played for comedy so I didn?t take it seriously. The problem is that the movie is humorous, but it rarely seemed as clever as those times that Pegg and Frost collaborate with Edgar Wright. I didn?t get any hearty laughs from this movie, and I also never was wowed by the intelligence or satire. That?s not to say this movie was dumb or unfunny. In fact the movie was written well enough that I was actually surprised in the climax by something I never saw coming. I guess I just have high hopes and expectations when I see Pegg and Frost co-starring in a movie. I think Paul is a good film, it just needed something more in order to make it special or memorable.
June 10, 2017
Utter waste of time and diminishes the careers of everyone involved.