Paul - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Paul Reviews

July 19, 2016
Hilarious start, lame finish.
Actually, fresh first 15, stale all the rest.
Even the extended guest list goes flat as if the director kept yelling - ok, be funny...NOW! And it
Didnt work at all.

Not sure where the magic ended exactly, but it delves into an unnecessary f-bomb fest, as if that's funny.
None of the usual funny ppl have an ounce of humor here - a head scratcher.
So much talent somehow completely wasted here - only Kristen Wiig gets a few chuckles about being high and hungry, but still a little stale.

Go see At Worlds End w Simon Pegg, and DO NOT read a thing about it.
I saw it on the big screen without any prior knowledge and it rocked my world.
Warning, lots of f-bombs, but played for laughs - unlike here.

I had big hopes and wanted to just enjoy it, but was confounded by its pedestrian pace and lackluster quote-unquote comedy.

1 nervously sweaty alien out of 5
July 12, 2016
Doesn't come close to the brilliance of 'Shaun of the Dead' or 'Hot Fuzz', but overall entertaining. Pegg and Frost are once again a hoot.
July 8, 2016
One must respect the Pegg / Frost Duo they are AWESOME -I generally prefere Brit-Comedy than US-Comedy
about Paul I must admit I liked him even though he felt more like a US citizen than an alien .... a new approach to Sci-Fi ... and as usual HILARIOUS
July 3, 2016
not up to par with other pegg/frost movies, but still quite entertaining.
½ June 30, 2016
Any pairing of Simon Peggy and Nick Frost is worth the price of admission alone. Combine that with a solid performance from Seth Rogan and the other ensemble cast, and you have a funny, crude sci-fi movie.
June 30, 2016
This has to be one of the funniest movies I've ever seen.
June 30, 2016
Great use of cuss words, quick laughs and Frost and Pegg make this movie the one you want to watch.
June 30, 2016
A bit funnier than the theatrical version. B+
June 30, 2016
a funny spoof on science fiction movies. Almost all the big box office hits get a turn. Plus a surprise cameo.
June 30, 2016
Classic! A must see for Star Wars and sci-fi fans who love comedy.
½ June 30, 2016
super funny, though not appropriate for persons under fifteen at least
June 30, 2016
The comedic chemistry between Simon Pegg and Nick Frost was great in Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz and has continued on in Paul. I can and have watched this movie everyday for a week and haven't gotten tired of it.
June 30, 2016
oNE BAD LITTLE SPACE MAN. vERY FUNNY!!!!
my new fav movie. seen it 20 times already
June 30, 2016
omg what a awesome fucken movie! Just comes to show u how sum people in life can bring happiness n fun no matter how you look or what race everyone deserves a chance in this life! Be your self n keep it 100 babe take care n God bless all.
½ June 30, 2016
Fantastic movie. I would have given it another half star had it not been for the ending. Blah! Still a good laugh. (Sorry, didn't see this is the unrated version. My comments are for the theatre version.)
laugh out loud funny
½ June 30, 2016
real funny.. good twist on alien movies.. funny
June 30, 2016
Anything Nick Frost and Simon Pegg star in is AWESOME,and this one even has Seth Rogan Voicing Paul which is great!!! Hope they all do something again real soon!!!!!
June 30, 2016
Of course this movie rules.