Pet Sematary Reviews

• Jul 11, 2020

Not one of King's best and really cheesy looking on film.

Not one of King's best and really cheesy looking on film.

• Jun 18, 2020

It was good to be honest but really creepy and corny

It was good to be honest but really creepy and corny

• Jun 09, 2020

Creepy classic story, by the king of horror. Good adaptation and screenplay. Loved the young cast...and Fred Gwynne of Munsters fame. A couple of Ramones tracks are the cherrie on the cake SOMETIMES, DEAD IS BETTER;)

• Jun 07, 2020

I liked this adaptation of one of Stephen King's most notable works. True, the acting isn't the best with the guy playing Louis being rather stilted, especially by comparison to everybody else, and some of the more scary moments in the book are not as scary. This is likely because the book consists principally of static text leaving it up to the readers' imagination how certain scenes played out. Here, some of them can feel rather silly. However, I do unironically enjoy this movie. It is faithful to its source material and while there are things that are edited out, remember that one of the reasons that happens is due to practicality. In fact, reading the book made watching this movie a dreadful experience because, since I'm aware of what's going to happen, I find myself trembling because I am aware that certain scary moments come closer with each passing minute. Elliot Goldenthal's score, the theme song from The Ramones, Stephen King's cameo and the lack of competition at the time from any King adaptation that wasn't Carrie help too. Pet Sematary can be easily dismissed as just a needlessly gory adaptation that isn't any different from all those miniseries he used to write while high...but I'm not one of them. Hey, can be a bit silly but at the end of the day, if I didn't find it scary, I certainly found myself dreading what's to come. LITTLE POST-REVIEW COMMENT: Ah, so that's what that South Park superhero RPG was referencing when they showed that guy with the weird accent - which I am aware was in the book - talking about "that roahd" who was prominent in the last DLC for the game

• May 19, 2020

Just a dull linear horror with non scares but relying only on disturbing scenes.

• May 16, 2020

A bad adaptation of a good book. Gage is soooo cute.

A bad adaptation of a good book. Gage is soooo cute.

• May 12, 2020

It starts off very bad but this film has much to like. The story with the sister is the best part. The problem is it is weighed down by bad acting, a beginning that fails to set up the rest, and random parts that did not need to be in the film.

• Apr 22, 2020

Though not following exactly all the creepy atmosphere and story elements from the original story from Stephen King's horror collection, Pet Sematary delivers a chilling tale of grief and sadness for loosing a loved one and the disastrous results that soon follow. Not perfect but has enough elements to keep it feeling like a decent flick to check out from the soft and unsettling tone of the story and a great acting portrayal of Fred Gwynne and Miko Hughes~

• Apr 03, 2020

Mostly, it follows the book pretty well. There are genuinely some frightening images on screen. The direction was solid and I feel Fred Gwyne's portrayal was spot on in both adaption as well as a worthy performance. However, the main characters and their reason's behind what they were doing was sort of hit and miss. When it was scary it was. But most of the background material's where it falls apart. But when you watch it, you can feel it touching that, and there are other times, to where it seems plausible. It skirts about the issue, instead of laying it out thoroughly. With that, it seems to work. Overall, I enjoyed myself.

• Feb 15, 2020

Some real genuine thrills had me on the edge of my seat however the characters and their lack of back story had me wanting to know more.