Pooh's Heffalump Movie - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Pooh's Heffalump Movie Reviews

August 8, 2016
This is a movie that I really enjoyed when I first saw it and continue to enjoy to this day. We get introduced to Lumpy, a young heffalump. If you remember the original film, heffalumps are creatures that are to be feared, along with the woozle. However, little Lumpy is nothing of the sort. He's a charming character that you warm up to pretty quickly, as does Roo. When Roo tries to convince the rest of the gang that Lumpy is harmless, the others don't believe him and instead live with their prejudices. In the end, the Hundred Acre crew learns that just because someone's different, doesn't mean they can't be good people. If you're looking for a flick that has a charming character and a charming lesson with Pooh and his crew, this is for you. Heffa nice day. :)
July 15, 2016
"They're the dreadfully dreaded, thoroughly three-headed, fiercely ferociously, mostly atrociously, horribly hazardous, Heffalumps!" Not! Pooh's Heffalump Movie breaks away for the usual series formula in favor of a heavy handed message about prejudice that takes all the fun out of the film. When Heffalump tracks are discovered in the Hundred Acre Wood the gang forms a lynch mob, but while on the hunt Roo finds a young Heffalump and the two quickly become fast friends, and discover that neither of them are the monster that each had been led to believe. Demystifying the Heffalumps and turning them into cuddly elephants is a terrible move; not only does it make them less interesting, it takes away one of the few threats/dangers of the Hundred Acre Wood. But worse than that, there's really not that much humor to the film; as it tries to get by mostly on cuteness and charm. And completing this trainwreck is Carly Simon, who provides some bland and unimaginative songs with no heart. Shallow and vapid, Pooh's Heffalump Movie has none of the magic of the previous Winnie the Pooh films.
½ July 6, 2016
A cute Pooh movie again, Very short but that's so kids don't get bored, It's funny and charming, Just as it should be.
April 11, 2016
Watched the Arabic version, and loved every second of it! <3
February 4, 2016
I love Winnie the Pooh, too good....
January 15, 2016
Actually, I ate my honey...but it made me do it.

Pooh, Tigger, Piglet, Rabbit, and Roo hear a lot of crashing and come out to find huge tracks from a mythical beast called a Heffalump. They begin looking for clues from the tracks, and they don't take Roo's ideas too seriously. Roo investigates on his own and finds a baby Heffalump. They get lost and both miss their mothers.

"If we didn't stick together we'd be very lost indeed."

Frank Nissen, director of Man: The Polluter, Cinderella III: A Twist in Time, and episodes of the television series Mini Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, delivers Pooh's Heffalump Movie. The storyline for this picture is fun and well written. The animation style is classic Winnie the Pooh and the voices fit the characters perfectly.

"It had a little less Pooh in it."

This was recently added to the Netflix queue and I instantly added it to the wish list to watch with my daughter. She loved this movie and watched it attentively from beginning to end. This wasn't my favorite Winnie the Pooh movie, and I wouldn't say it's worth purchasing, but it is worth a viewing.

"The sky is finally falling...always knew it would."

Grade: C+
½ January 15, 2016
Another childhood classic from the Winnie the Pooh franchise.
January 14, 2016
Easily the best Hundred Acre Wood outing besides the two Disney classics, it gets closest to the sweet non-sequiturs and randomness that make these stories so fun. The heffalump character is an adorably naïve new character. Parents of tiny humans: you could do much worse.
November 1, 2015
Pooh's Heffalump Movie is an attempt to expand on the Pooh franchise, which, while overly sentimental, more or less works.
June 6, 2015
As usual the characters of the Hundred Acre Wood always give an simple yet charming and uplifting story. This time with the message that we should never be afraid of the strange and unknown, and forgiveness is always needed.
April 3, 2015
Enjoyable animated movie to watch with the family in typical Pooh bear fashion as they introduce a new character.
March 30, 2015
definetly one of the better winnie the pooh movies
September 22, 2014
The title is misleading. This should have been called Roo's Heffalump Movie, as the film is centered around him and his new friend, Lumpy. In any case, I found it only moderately entertaining. This isn't the Pooh of old that we all fell in love with. I found this to be similar in style to Piglet's Big Movie. The Tigger Movie had charm, but Disney seems to have taken a new direction with the franchise since then and dumbed things down solely for really young kids. (First and only viewing - 9/22/2014)
½ August 24, 2014
The zaniest with the same charms and loves like the previous films. It's also cute, especially the new character. (A)

(Full review coming soon)
½ June 10, 2014
There are much better family films out there, but how can you say no to Pooh? It's all just so sweet and entertaining.
½ March 2, 2014
it brings focus on one my favorite characters: Roo. and it has funny moments and heartfelt moments
½ January 18, 2014
A fun adventure for kids. It has some nice animation and is humorous in many places.
December 3, 2013
It's really enjoyable.
September 26, 2013
Diversión a montones para los niños.
March 7, 2013
the newer Winnie the Pooh films tend to be weak but this one is downright flawed. There are a few good lines that got me to giggle for a bit but nowhere near enough for this movie to be dubbed a winner. I would also like to give some special recognition to the kid who played the young heffalump. I think I could listen to that young, British accent all day long. His laugh is INCREDIBLE.

PARENT ADVISORY: Having stated the good, I must say that the overall message of this movie is seriously concerning for parents. The film teaches about not fearing things that you don't understand which is ok to some contexts but the overall message of acceptance is one which I loath and despise. The film has the "can't we all just be friends" attitude. This is dangerous. I don't want to spoil anything but there are at least 2 cases where a child blatantly disregards the orders of a parent.

I would also like to point out that this film wasn't very imaginative. A lot of the animation of environments, props, and so on was blatantly understated and I feel like this film really won't inspire the same level of imagination in children as other installments of this franchise.

The real nail in the coffin is the singing. Please notice that I do not say "music" because the background music was very good for the most part. In recent years, the Winnie the Pooh universe has produced several films that involve many musical numbers. This is a crime against my childhood. Pooh's Grand Adventure was the only movie that actually pulled off the musical numbers and made them exceptionally entertaining. This film just had them in order to shorten the length of the already lacking script.

SUMMARY: This film is weak. Even a die hard fan like myself will not be coming back for a second taste of this one. Indeed, I rather regret the hour which I gave it the first time.

The good news is that there are many other adventures in the Hundred Acre Wood to choose from. Happy exploring!