The Postman Reviews

• Nov 21, 2020

Turned out to be pretty accurate minus the Whole Country Falling Apart thing.

Turned out to be pretty accurate minus the Whole Country Falling Apart thing.

• Oct 02, 2020

An earnest, enjoyable flick, if you ask me. A meditation on unlikely heroes and the power of memes. A bit stiff at times, but forgivable IMO.

• Sep 20, 2020

It's better then the rehashed dribble coming out of Hollywood in 2020. Critics can suck it.

• Sep 09, 2020

I personally really liked the premise of the movie and how the main character frequently changed from role to roll as they go on through the story. Along with that, everything featured in the movie feels fairly original (feudalist america, postal service militia, etc.). I might be in the subjective wrong but as someone who generally doesn't like movies as a medium, I thought it was pretty damn good!

• Aug 23, 2020

Forgot how good this movie was -- except for unrealistic it is! I mean, America taken over by right-wing crazies who use 8 as a symbol and are racist, sexist jerks, AND there was a plague? And people are attacking the post office and saying it's useless? And there were fires and bad weather and all of the birds and insects died, and there were all sorts of diseases since there weren't vaccines? Everyone has to homeschool? And then it all devolved into a mess with right-wing morons fighting for power after everyone died in the pandemic and they're all asking how New York City did, since they got hit hard? Yeah, like *that* will happen.

• Aug 18, 2020

So prophetic! If you haven't seen it, a must see! If you have, watch it again. Tell all your friends!

• Aug 17, 2020

When you need to turn off your brain and just enjoy a flic, this is your jam

When you need to turn off your brain and just enjoy a flic, this is your jam

• Aug 15, 2020

In 2020 revisit this film considering today's dire predicament at the post office. "Dirt World" has a lot of in-camera meat and potatoes I found really satisfying because it's also packed with extraordinary set designs & costumes. Yes To movies about children finding value in communicating & community to risk their lives for it! Yes to the lead woman's role written to sacrifice idyllic home-life for a greater cause. Yes to post-apocalyptic, part-time pacifist, punchlines. It's self effacing splinters contrast its unnervingly poignant details.

• Aug 08, 2020

I dont know why this movie got such q bad score. I really enjoyed it. The directors cut was also good.

• Jul 23, 2020

Dances with Wolves is a movie that labeled Kevin Costner as one of the most prolific directors and producers of the 1990's. His filmmaking credibility however disintegrated once his post-apocalyptic science fiction flop The Postman debuted in theaters. An unnamed outlaw (Kevin Costner) escapes from a fascist government concentration camp, dons a uniform from a dead postman and travels into the blockaded city of Pineview, Oregon. There, he plots to reform the U.S. government and fight General Bethlehem (Will Patton) and the Holnists for their country, almost akin to Robin Hood. Part of why this movie failed critically and box office wise was Costner's tired, self-indulgent plot and message about fighting against authority for the better of the country. Despite the excellent costumes, decent cinematography and entertainingly dated design of 2013, The Postman was not well-written, not well-directed and seemed derivative of other movies such as Mad Max, Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves and Waterworld. Plus, the epic mano e mano was lame, as The Postman and Bethlehem tackled each other, fell off their horses and physically fought on the dusty ground. It visually looks like I'm watching a catfight that might as well involve them aggressively shoving each other's hands. For that matter, why couldn't they just order their troops to attack instead of letting them watch on horseback? While it is not a good film by any means, The Postman is the most tonally consistent, unlike the other Razzie winners I've seen. (2 Bronze Costner Statues out of 5)