The President's Last Bang Reviews

• Jul 01, 2016

Gripping, fast-moving, satirical look at a pivotal moment in South Korean history.

• Apr 24, 2016

Caustic to a fault, The President's Last Bang just might be the most damning political satire to ever come out of South Korea.

• May 30, 2014

People must have really hated the president at the time to make a movie like this. I've read this is supposed to be a sort of comedy, but the subject matter didn't exactly induct me to laughter. I think to fully judge this movie I would need to have more of a cultural knowledge of South Korea (beyond just knowing he was a military dictator that was unpopular). On a purely cinematic level, it's not a very good movie.

• Jan 22, 2014

interesting political satire about the assassination of president park chun-hee

interesting political satire about the assassination of president park chun-hee

John B Super Reviewer
    Jun 12, 2013

I was not familiar with the plot to knock off the Korean dictator Park Chung Hee. I'm not sure if that helped or hurt my viewing of this film but it kept me hooked. I was completely fascinated by the turns of events and the conclusion was fresh.

• Oct 22, 2011

entertaining. though i must say i had expected to like it more cos of the rave reviews and hoo-ha over this flick.

• Aug 11, 2011

One of the best films about politics ever. It's like if Imamura did a West Wing episode. People are motivated by fear, lust, power, or even just saving your own ass. In short, human.

• Aug 11, 2011

Im Sang-Soo est peut-être mon dernier point de contact avec Télérama. Une petite déception de cette version 'non-censurée' : il est difficile de percevoir réellement tout le poids symbolique de quelques images d'archives en ouverture et en clôture.

• Aug 11, 2011

you have to watch it... period.

you have to watch it... period.

• Aug 11, 2011

A true story and a sort of a black comedy about a very very important and very controversial event in recent korean history.