The Princess Bride - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Princess Bride Reviews

Page 1 of 1914
October 17, 2017
Good, creative, entertaining flic. The female lead is hilariously useless and helpless by today's standards, but I guess at the time it wasn't so bad. Predictable, sure, but solid entertainment thru-and-thru. 8.4 out of 10
October 15, 2017
A true classic funny and original. A movie for all ages and time.
September 22, 2017
This is the best movie of all time. OF ALL TIME. Anyone who says differently is selling something.

Every line is brilliantly funny, the cast is incredible, and I've never seen better chemistry...and I know chemistry--I spent the last few years building up an immunity to iocane powder.

Words can't do this movie justice. The only disappointing thing about it is that the cast members didn't invite me to their reunion. Don't they realize I'm their biggest fan??? Inconceivable! I guess I just need to get used to disappointment.

So what is it about? Fencing, fighting, torture, revenge, giants, monsters, chases, escapes, true love, miracles. Doesn't sound so bad, right? Just try and stay awake...because if you don't I'm gonna have to emulate the movie and say "Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die."

I mean, you seem a decent fellow...I hate to kill you. So I need you to love this movie as much as I love it. After all, true love is the greatest thing in the world...except for a nice M.L.T.--a mutton, lettuce, and tomato sandwich, where the mutton is nice and lean and the tomato is ripe. They're so perky, I love that! And you've gotta have a little dessert with it...after all, the chocolate makes it go down easier.

Anyway, where was I? Oh yes: watch this movie. Don't give me excuses; just say "as you wish" and do it. And if you have guests over, offer more than popcorn: make sure you ask if anybody wants a peanut.
½ September 8, 2017
The most ordinary fairytale storyline transformed into a side-splitting and fascinating movie. The cast is fantastic, the dialogues are hilarious and the stakes are so much higher than they would normally be. It's only a fairytale, as we are reminded every time the film cuts to the grandfather reading it to his grandson, but this might as well be the best fairytale ever, both simple and subversive, both meat-and-potatoes and meta, and definitely made with love, care and brilliant inspiration.
September 7, 2017
What? You've never seen The Princess Bride? Inconceivable!
August 30, 2017
Funny, romantic, adventurous - What's not to love?!
August 24, 2017
This was first and foremost a very funny movie. It was ridiculous, some of the things said and some of the things that were done were absolutely bonkers but they made this an amazing experience. Plotwise it was lacking,it is a fairytale but lacked the powerful story, but the romance was satisfying enough. I laughed really hard watching it, it is so much fun!
August 8, 2017
This is the movie I watch when I'm sad. It's actually perfect - the script, the acting, the sets, the music - and it will never get old.
August 5, 2017
Anybody want a peanut?
August 2, 2017
This film is just what it wants to be. It's a story being told to a child, and so while its not realistic in the slightest, it all feels right. It is also one of the most quotable movies ever made, and includes one of the best swordfights ever. Just watch it on a rainy day.
July 30, 2017
Love this film. It's got a sense humour.
½ July 28, 2017
It is inconceivable how much I love this film. I return to it time and time again to experience all the "as you wish's" and "kissing scenes." If you don't like this film "prepare to die!"
July 26, 2017
A 1987 classic film, a fairytale adventure about a beautiful princess and the gallant hero who rescues her from an evil villain in another world. Robin Wright and Cary Elwes were so young! The character of Oberyn Mart... , I mean, Inigo Montoya is perhaps the most satisfied character by the end of the film.
July 26, 2017
Absolutely hilarious and infinitely quotable. Hands down my favorite movie ever made.
½ July 24, 2017
It's ok, some very funny lines
July 21, 2017
A superb movie with the rare quality of staying fresh, funny and moving on repeated viewings. The title sounds saccharine and only-for-children, but don't be put off - the sweetness and romance is well balanced by acid, action and absurdity. A diverse bunch of characters, great cameos by Billy Crystal and Peter Cook, and a Mark Knopfler soundtrack - a unique movie that's close to perfect. Once you've watched, William Goodman's book rewards a read.
½ July 12, 2017
One of the few movies which can be classified as romance which I really truly like.
July 11, 2017
This is a perfect movie.
½ July 10, 2017
With a cast of colorful fantasy characters, a mix of plots and endless laughs, The Princess Bride charms it's way to the top.
June 27, 2017
Amazing film, has become one of my new favourite films of all time, up there with Back to the Future and Raiders of the Lost Ark. Must see.
Page 1 of 1914