The Princess Bride - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Princess Bride Reviews

Page 1 of 1914
August 8, 2017
This is the movie I watch when I'm sad. It's actually perfect - the script, the acting, the sets, the music - and it will never get old.
August 5, 2017
Anybody want a peanut?
August 2, 2017
This film is just what it wants to be. It's a story being told to a child, and so while its not realistic in the slightest, it all feels right. It is also one of the most quotable movies ever made, and includes one of the best swordfights ever. Just watch it on a rainy day.
July 30, 2017
Love this film. It's got a sense humour.
½ July 28, 2017
It is inconceivable how much I love this film. I return to it time and time again to experience all the "as you wish's" and "kissing scenes." If you don't like this film "prepare to die!"
July 26, 2017
A 1987 classic film, a fairytale adventure about a beautiful princess and the gallant hero who rescues her from an evil villain in another world. Robin Wright and Cary Elwes were so young! The character of Oberyn Mart... , I mean, Inigo Montoya is perhaps the most satisfied character by the end of the film.
July 26, 2017
Absolutely hilarious and infinitely quotable. Hands down my favorite movie ever made.
½ July 24, 2017
It's ok, some very funny lines
July 21, 2017
A superb movie with the rare quality of staying fresh, funny and moving on repeated viewings. The title sounds saccharine and only-for-children, but don't be put off - the sweetness and romance is well balanced by acid, action and absurdity. A diverse bunch of characters, great cameos by Billy Crystal and Peter Cook, and a Mark Knopfler soundtrack - a unique movie that's close to perfect. Once you've watched, William Goodman's book rewards a read.
½ July 12, 2017
One of the few movies which can be classified as romance which I really truly like.
July 11, 2017
This is a perfect movie.
½ July 10, 2017
With a cast of colorful fantasy characters, a mix of plots and endless laughs, The Princess Bride charms it's way to the top.
June 27, 2017
Amazing film, has become one of my new favourite films of all time, up there with Back to the Future and Raiders of the Lost Ark. Must see.
June 16, 2017
So I'm not a fan of this movie I just don't find it a good movie because it's to old fashioned and this fairytale is not that great
½ June 12, 2017
A classic I will always go back and watch!
June 12, 2017
I dunno I just love this movie!
June 4, 2017
I like this movie. I don't think I love it as much as some folks do. It's an agreeable fairy tale with an enjoyably self-aware, slightly cynical sense of humor. When it works, the sword fight between Cary Elwes and Mandy Patinkin for example, it really excels. When it doesn't ... Billy Crystal, some of Andre the Giant's acting ... it just kind of lies there, but never for too long. It sometimes feels to me like the film thinks its' absolutely hilarious, while maybe it's just pretty damn amusing.
½ June 1, 2017
One of the absolute classics of cinema. The Princess Bride never fails to entertain; young or old!
½ May 16, 2017
Princess Bride, The (1987) C-98m. ?? 1/2 D: Rob Reiner. Cary Elwes, Mandy Patinkin, Robin Wright, Peter Falk, Wallace Shawn, Fred Savage, André the Giant, Wallace Shawn, Billy Crystal. A grandfather (played by Falk) reads an adventure/fairy tale to his grandson about a beautiful young woman and her true love, who must find and rescue her after a long separation. Well-cast film has some grand moments (and terrific swashbuckling sequences) but the parts are greater than the whole . . . and the story is thoroughly weakened by sporadic comic shtick and instances of incoherencey via characters.
May 15, 2017
Cult classic. Lovable to watch with friends. Cary Elwes is fantastic. Respect for that man.
Page 1 of 1914