The Princess Bride - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Princess Bride Reviews

Page 1 of 1915
May 24, 2018
One of the oldest sorts of stories is parodied with wit and charm in this masterpiece. This is truly one of the most quotable and pleasant films I've ever seen. Despite the style and narrative being worn and well used, this still feels fresh. A movie for everyone that can be viewed hundreds of times and never get old, this is truly a brilliantly cheeky film that
you should not avoid.
½ May 9, 2018
it would be a pity to damage yours..

The Princess Bride

This plot driven feature hits hard and fast due to its massive amount of plotline that it has to cover within just around 100 minutes which is the main reason why it works like a charm. William Goldman's screenplay might be gripping and exhilarating but it surely isn't smart due to uneven pace that makes the audience uncomfortable and feel like something is missing and been skipped. Rob Reiner still needs to ante up the game for this time the feature got saved due to the enormous potential of its script. The feature majorly fails on performance too for no one delivers; which comes as a shock especially from Robin Wright, except from Mandy Patinkin. The Princess Bride has a simple familiar love story genre plot that only works due to its witty and sometimes humorous one-liners which helps resemble it to practicality.
½ May 5, 2018
Good film. Not the best, but, good.
May 4, 2018
sorry, i don't get it. oh wait, it's for kids? and ted cruz can't understand it.
April 24, 2018
Shoutout to my dad who made me watch this movie as a kid. Kinda sexist but a good laugh at the quality ????
March 30, 2018
Best movie I've ever seen and my all time favorite.
½ March 21, 2018
A clasic for al ages for all times
½ March 19, 2018
A film from my childhood, and even as an adult, it holds uo. A must see
½ March 6, 2018
An Inconceivably fantastic film with great humor and camp.
½ February 28, 2018
When I first started watching the movie I was told that it was going to be really bad. I had never heard of this movie until like 5 minutes before I started watching it. At the very beginning it did not seem like such an interesting movie starting off with a kid whose sick playing his video games then the mom coming in and start complaining about him being sick. It just wasn't interesting. It made me want to stop watching it right then and there. Once the grandfather started reading the book and the official story started it was super super cringy for me to watch. It made me want to stop watching even more. The grandfather narrating the storyline for a bit seemed like a great thing I really liked that. The farm boy seemed to be sorta funny with his single line of "As you wish" but that was it. Everything else about that beginning love story was pure cringe. Like when buttercup asked farm boy to get her a pan of some sort that was like literally 2 feet away from her it made me just go wow.
After all that cringe, it was just a classic love story. Her lover dies in a tragic accident at sea and she gets super sad having to move on, she gets taken away to be the new princess when she doesn't want to and of course the prince is a terrible evil guy. Soon she gets kidnapped and taken away by three bandits and has to be rescued by her hero. It's basically like a fairytale love story.
When I was watching the film there were some scenes that you could say were too bright. You could see the super bright lights on set reflecting of the rocks way to much. The sun shining would not look like that at all. A couple of scenes you could tell super easily that everything was fake and you could say made cheaply. However some scenes were actually very good like when they were in the forest it looked like they were in a real forest and I liked how it looked. Some scenes seemed to have dark humor which I personally thought it was funny but some people might not think the same. Other scenes like in the water there were these eels that actually looked realistic and were super cool. Something I really seemed to like about the movie was the way the characters talked. They had that fancy type of high class talk and it really went along with the movie perfect. A couple of movie mistakes were seen if you look very closely. They weren't anything too completely crazy but they were there. It was things like props being in different spots throughout a scene, you could see crew equipment in other scenes, hair being in a different position between shots, fire being too far away to burn buttercup in one scene. One when wesley lands far away from his sword but in the next shot he is right next to it. A sorta major mistake was when you could clearly see buttercups stunt double was actually a man with a full beard.
. The bandits, Vizzini as the leader, Fezzik as the muscle, and Inigo Montoya as a swordsman. I personally really liked these three since they were the funniest out of everyone. Vizzini with his classic line of "inconceivable" was really funny for me and I think it really set a fan base for him. He was definitely one of the funniest characters in the movie. Fezzik was the classic friendly giant that was taken for granted by vizzini. Inigo Montoya said he was just a part of this for the meantime till he got enough money to hunt down the man who killed his father. One part of the movie that was very funny to me was when the three bandits were being chased by a man in black. All of their interactions were very funny.
Overall i thought this movie was great. I went into it expecting it to be like garbage but in the end after it was all over i wished i could see it again. I would definitely recommend this movie to anyone.
½ February 24, 2018
So exquisitely memorable, the witty one liners on this are endless and the romance is genuine. I watched this movie so many times as a child I can almost quote it word for word. Perfect cast.

1001 movies to see before you die.
February 14, 2018
Filled with fencing, fighting, torture, revenge, giants, monsters, chases, escapes, true love, and miracles, The Princess Bride is a charming, timeless tale.
½ February 11, 2018
I heard the mvie is great.The book is awesome.
January 21, 2018
My best film of all time. Never tire of watching it. Know most of the lines. One to be left alone and never touched/re-made!
January 20, 2018
Clever and funny, the princess bride is a true masterpiece.
January 7, 2018
This is my favorite movie of all time
½ December 30, 2017
If someone wants to enjoy this movie, they have to be part of a very specific audience. You either have to be young and with a family, or an adult who realizes how this film is good. The film itself contained a classic storyline with lovable characters. The cliche damsel-in-distress plot, is successfully executed in such an enjoyable and classical way. From emotional fights, to the connecting romance, The Princess Bride is a classic tale to be told for future generations to come.
December 30, 2017
THIS MOVIE IS KRAP AND YALL KNOW
IT DEEP DOWN INSIDE YOU!!!
December 30, 2017
The Princess Bride is one of the most rewatchable movies in history. This rich, robust, and homey comedy never ages and never falters. Rob Reiner's direction, aside from a truly terrible film score, is unassailable in every comedy beat. Then there is the absolutely perfect casting. Cary Elwes, Robin Wright, Mandy Patinkin, Andre the Giant, and each of the supporting players, from Chris Sarandon as the evil Prince, Christopher Guest as the evil six-fingered henchman, and Billy Crystal's cameo as Miracle Max, could not be better. https://geeks.media/celebrating-30-years-of-the-princess-bride?_ga=2.88403547.1126457623.1513947710-953607229.1513947710
December 19, 2017
Puntaje Original: 6.0

Cursi, pero no aburrida; te la puedes pasar entretenido durante más de una hora, aunque preferentemente, busca mejores opciones.
Page 1 of 1915