The Princess Bride - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Princess Bride Reviews

Page 1 of 1911
October 25, 2016
Movie Review: Final
Fencing, fighting, giants, revenge, true love. The Princess Bride starring: Cary Elwes, Robin Wright, and Mandy Patinkin, speaks of a quest for love and the battle to obtain it. Princess Buttercup (played by Robin Wright) falls in love with a farm boy named Wesley (Cary Elwes). Wesley soon sails off to find a job in order to pay for their marriage, however he would never make it to find a job. After Wesleys death the war seeking Prince Humperdink makes Buttercup his bride-to-be. Buttercup gets kidnapped by a genius named Vizzini, a master swordsman named Inigo, and a giant named Fezzik. Buttercup's kidnappers are followed by a stranger, and after they are defeated the stranger reveals himself. Afterwards the action begins to pick up and the quest for love truly begins. The movie keeps the story going, and the characters have strong morals that drive them to the end. It tells a good story, and presents challenges to overcome that are eventually solved. The special effects of the R.O.U.S's (Rodents Of Unusual Size) were clunky. Although as fezzik was climbing up the cliffs of insanity scene was suspenseful, and the way it was made was cool, Vizzini could have been a little easier on Fezzik. Overall I would give the movie 4 out of 5 stars, and recommend this movie to all audiences!
½ October 17, 2016
Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father, prepare to die! I never get enough of this flick! Some parts are different from the book, but the rest of it is a wonderful adaptation!
October 14, 2016
Hilariously silly and deliciously campy!
October 13, 2016
Not for younger audience but the princess bride aged very well , even after 20 years the movie had me laughing and cheering for true love .
It is a classic fairy tale that influenced modern pop culture and we still ear quotes in popular TV shows (such as big bang theory )
October 10, 2016
Cult classic. Lovable to watch with friends. Cary Elwes is fantastic. Respect for that man. ?? ????????
September 29, 2016
Excellent movie! Finally saw it after years of people saying "Your last name is Vizzini, like the guy from the Princess Bride"
½ September 27, 2016
Family movie, that would keep you entertained.
September 27, 2016
Quite Simply one of the best love stories ever put to film!
September 22, 2016
My favorite movie!!!
September 18, 2016
Una comedia romantica en forma de cuento de hadas que combina un poco de todo de material clasico, dando forma una trama que ya quisiera haber hecho la gente de Disney. Para ver con la familia.
September 15, 2016
Indeed a classic among classics, this movie remains the one and only 'non-musical' film to which every member of this household knows each-&-every line of. ^^
September 11, 2016
This movie is both one of my favorites and one of the ones that corrupted me as a child because, I have always held men to the standard of him just saying "as you wish" no matter what.
September 8, 2016
Love this movie it's the best is so good it's inconceivable
½ August 23, 2016
Thoroughly enjoyed it.
½ August 19, 2016
Love, love, love this movie! First seen on opening night. Still incredible after all this time. As you wish...
August 16, 2016
Another classic I'd never really got to seeing, but one that I'm happy to have watched in its entirety at last. The framed narrative does nothing for me, personally, and the movie really only picks up steam when the action gets into the castle for the riveting ending sequence. Overall, pleasant and appropriately funny at moments, the film shines with its light-hearted humor despite its dated cinematography and styling, which feels drab and uninspired. Redeemed by Westley's incredible charisma-charged performance and golden boyish looks (hello there!), however, this film ultimately lives up to its legacy.
August 15, 2016
My favorite movie! As well as that of my 7 year old daughter!
August 11, 2016
Probably one of the greatest movies of all time closing credits music aside.
½ August 5, 2016
I can see the appeal of this but not quite why it's held in such unreserving critical and popular acclaim. It's good fun, it's fairly amusing (although feels a little Monty Python at times...sorry I hate Monty Python). Basically a good fun family movie that doesn't take itself's no 'E.T'.' or anything though.
July 28, 2016
A very strange but great movie, watch it over again
Page 1 of 1911