The Princess Bride Reviews

• Sep 18, 2020

Although it's effect are out dated at the very least, The Princess Bride Stands the test of time with it's sharp humor, Quip dialogue and touching performances.

• Sep 10, 2020

This movie is near-perfect in every way. The characters are engaging and well acted, the visuals and set pieces are stunning, the score is beautiful, and it seems like the entire movie is quotable. Deserves all its praise.

• Sep 06, 2020

Ésta es una historia dirigida por Rob Reiner. Es una aventura con todo tipo de situaciones, que si bien parece una parodia del género lo hace de manera divertida y con momentos inolvidables que se han vuelto entrañables. Con un elenco maravilloso, incluyendo a Robin Wright, Cary Elwes, André "The giant", Mandy Patinkin, entre otros; nos narran una historia de amor, venganza, magia, hechicería y creo, es un tributo a la imaginación. Una de las más queridas películas de los 80s, tanto por las actuaciones inolvidables, las frases que se volvieron icónicas y sobre todo por la manera tan ágil de entrelazar a todo el elenco. Una película que siempre estará vigente y que todo niño, adolescente y adulto debe ver para cultivar, mantener y reavivar ésa imaginación y creatividad tan necesaria en éstos tiempos.

• Sep 06, 2020

The Princess Bride is a 1987 American fantasy adventure comedy film directed and co-produced by Rob Reiner 🍿 Meh, it passed the time. Just. 😐 👍🏼👎🏼 IT'S AS REAL AS THE FEELINGS YOU FEEL

• Sep 04, 2020

A film that I re-watched multiple times. A classic in my eyes. It has everything from action, drama, danger and love. Performances from the cast are all great.

• Aug 31, 2020

I was expecting the romance, was not expecting the quickpaced, witty dialogue and overall comedy but then again it is a Rob Reiner film. Can't believe it took me so long to see this. Instant favourite.

• Aug 30, 2020

laud this movie for its straightforwardness.

laud this movie for its straightforwardness.

• Aug 24, 2020

Another quarantine film appreciation class with my kids was a hit ("Labyrinth" also got a thumbs-up. "E.T." got a Meh). From writer William Goldman ("Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid" "All the Presidents Men" "Misery") and director Rob Reiner ("This is Spinal Tap" "Stand by Me" "When Harry Met Sally" and also "Misery") comes a very subversive fairy tale send-up. It's charming and wimiscal enough that the kids will love it and it's witty and subversive that adults will love it even more so. What makes this parody film unique is that while Goldman and Reiner are certainly poking fun at fairy tale tropes, they also tell a fairy tale with genuine charm and sweetness. Compared to other parody films like "Blazing Saddles" or "Airplane" which are entirely mocking and ridicule, "The Princess Bride" is at its heart is still a fairy tale love story. I won't bother summarizing the story, since I'm assuming everyone has already watched this film, but "The Princess Bride" boasts a stellar cast, led by then unknown Cary Elwes ("Robin Hood: Men in Tights" "Glory" "Days of Thunder" "Stranger Things") and Robin Wright ("Forrest Gump" "Moneyball" "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" "House of Cards"). The scene stealing supporting cast has SO many iconic moments! Wallace Shawn shouting "Inconceivable!" and the battle of wits face-off. Peter Cook's speech impaired clergyman. Mel Smith's throat clogged Albino. Carol Kane and Billy Crystal as the bickering Valerie and Miracle Max. Mandy Patinkin's Inigo Montoya is the main standout in the cast, who's performance still gave me chills when he has his final confrontation with Christopher Guest's six-fingered Count Rugen. Patinkin brings a level of emotion to the film that brings unexpected depth and heart. Then there's the enormous André the Giant, who pretty much steals every scene he's in. I also usually dislike wraparound or story bookends, but Fred Savage and Peter Falk are wonderful as a grandfather and grandson reading the story together, which affords lots of opportunities for commentary on the story and to even skip over the boring parts. The film's Once-Upon-A-Time feel is greatly aided is a lush score by Mark Knopfler of Dire Straits and beautiful photography by Adrian Biddle ("Aliens" "Thelma & Louise" "V for Vendetta") that gives the film a timeless feel. On the downside, the film's villains seem underdeveloped and not all that interesting. Also, the film does have some pacing issues where the story drags a bit at times. Still, those are minor quibbles for a film that really does deserve its status as a classic film that both kids and adults (for different reasons) will enjoy. FUN FACT: André the Giant called almost everybody on set (be they director, producers, co-stars or crew) "boss", a technique he employed to defer to people he liked and go some way towards counteracting the way he would tower over them.

• Aug 06, 2020

Easily one of my all-time favorite movies and not just just because I read and loved the odd book upon which it was based when I was a kid. It's full of memorable quotes, great actors, a beautiful princess, a dashing pirate, funny villains, old fashioned swordplay, and True Love. Too bad the ROUS's looked as though they were created by a high school drama group with a $500 budget. But it's like that mole above Cindy Crawford's lip- she's still beautiful, and this movie is still a classic.

• Aug 01, 2020

An entertaining and adventurous fairy-tale, combined with Reiner's direction, Goldman's script, the performances of the cast, Knopfler's score, Biddle's cinematography, Leighton's editing, Garwood's production design, Gray's set decoration, Dalton's costume design, action sequences and visual effects, The Princess Bride tells a simple yet effective and entertaining story!!!