Prisoners - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Prisoners Reviews

½ May 21, 2018
When I was about to watch Prisoners I thought that this would be an another "kidnapping" movie. I was in some aspects right, but the way this film was handled was done beautifully. It really reminded me of Zodiac, but to be fair I think this movie was better. Roger Deakins doesn't stop impressing me with his original cinematography techniques. Hugh Jackman really portrays a broken man with his raw "wolverine" style of acting.
May 21, 2018
Deserving of status at least as high as David Fincher's Se7en. Probably better. Villeneuve is an absolutely stellar director here with the perfect cast. Simultaneously a meditation on the moral ambiguity of torture and what it means to have belief in God and compassion. This is a masterpiece of filmmaking.
½ April 26, 2018
From its stirring performances to its intricate plot, this mystery-thriller has all the makings of a great movie.
April 24, 2018
A tense and captivating plot which is brought to life by the fantastic acting of Jackman and Gyllenhaal in particular. This is not your bog standard 'child goes missing and Dad take desperate measures' movie, it is much more than that and actually poses a number of difficult moral questions to the audience. A great film from start to the very well thought through finish.
½ April 15, 2018
Despite its lack of due process and drawn out narrative, this crime drama is compelling. Thanks John for the recommendation!
½ April 10, 2018
intensely convincing personalities in an unconvincing plot. the conjunctures are too earnest to appear as venal and sinister as admissible, such that the twists become predictable and character developments jumbled. but jackman and gyllenhaal are mesmerizing, good but crestfallen men finding the worst of themselves in machinations of depravity.
April 4, 2018
I absolutely loved this movie. Definitely 100%. Other than Logan (2016), this is Hugh Jackman's best performance. Jake Gyllenhaal was also spectacular and the score was breathtaking. This movie knows exactly what it is, I doesn't hesitate to tell the audience. I highly recommend this movie!
½ April 1, 2018
Dark and emotional story of what a parent will go through to find a loved one, but some parts feel drawn out and underexplained. Mostly highs, but some lows in terms of performances and ideas.
April 1, 2018
4/5
Eerlik waar dink ek dat hul kon meer uit die mal ou uit kry, die kinder klere koper was regtig n goeie rol.

Die einde het my net afgegooi...

Maar all en all n great movie.!!
March 31, 2018
As equally thrilling as it is captivating, Prisoners offers an exciting plot interwoven with impressive performances.
½ March 29, 2018
just i see triller so i rating to 3.5 stars....!
March 16, 2018
One of the most psychologicallly intense movies I've ever seen. Jackman's acting is stunning
½ March 7, 2018
Quando penso ad un buon thriller, intenso e disturbante, Prisoners è sicuramente tra i primi film che mi vengono in mente. Tralasciando particolari attenzioni a tutti gli aspetti tecnici, ciò che funziona meglio in questo film sono sicuramente il messaggio e l'idea che si nascondono dietro alla solida sceneggiatura. Sono i personaggi e le loro interazioni, i dialoghi crudi e le scene ricche d'ansia che trasmettono le emozioni più intense e sincere. Il film funziona perfettamente anche sotto l'aspetto tecnico, dalla cupa colonna sonora, dall'attenta e sempre perfetta fotografia fino ai movimenti di camera solidi e precisi, che conferiscono un'atmosfera sinistra lungo tutta la durata. Nel complesso lo ritengo un film perfetto, che è sin dal principio ciò che voleva essere, un grande ed intenso giallo che cattura lo spettatore dentro lo schermo, in un'esperienza forte e difficile da dimenticare.
March 1, 2018
Although most of it is the standard mixture of police thriller and family melodrama, what makes this brilliant is the way it is woven together and paced. The characters are fleshed out, fantastically acted and develop through a well paced story line and, despite a consistently dark tone, it's easy to feel involved and interested throughout.
½ February 28, 2018
A modern, dark and thrilling tale, perfectly creates tension through both story and dialogue. This film is a masterpiece and a memorable watch.
February 9, 2018
A well crafted piece that continually pushes the audience to question what they would do in such a situation all while compelling them to become more drawn into a solid mystery.
February 8, 2018
Incredible acting and a twisted plot. In my opinion, Jake should have won the oscar for this performance. Another great movie shot by DOP Roger Deakins.
½ February 7, 2018
Great thriller where the story is very exciting and absolutely not predictable.
February 1, 2018
A best suspence movie. Characters kees a standard in emotional feelings. One of the best movie of from jake and jackman
January 23, 2018
This is an odd movie. The story itself is very bland and tries to hard to be the next Seven but what the movie lacks in story it really makes up in amazing performances. Hugh Jackman gives one of his best performances ever and Jake Gyllenhaal is always amazing. This is a super well acted movie and definitely needs to be talked about more.