Prisoners - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Prisoners Reviews

February 9, 2018
A well crafted piece that continually pushes the audience to question what they would do in such a situation all while compelling them to become more drawn into a solid mystery.
February 8, 2018
Incredible acting and a twisted plot. In my opinion, Jake should have won the oscar for this performance. Another great movie shot by DOP Roger Deakins.
½ February 7, 2018
Great thriller where the story is very exciting and absolutely not predictable.
February 1, 2018
A best suspence movie. Characters kees a standard in emotional feelings. One of the best movie of from jake and jackman
January 23, 2018
This is an odd movie. The story itself is very bland and tries to hard to be the next Seven but what the movie lacks in story it really makes up in amazing performances. Hugh Jackman gives one of his best performances ever and Jake Gyllenhaal is always amazing. This is a super well acted movie and definitely needs to be talked about more.
½ January 16, 2018
I walked outta the theater shaking.
January 15, 2018
This movie is in the same league as Silence of the Lambs, Seven, and Psycho. It takes entertainment into a dark corner where very few films go to, that turns typical mainstream crime thrillers into something kind of special.Through Villeneuve's masterful direction, this film basically becomes a parent's worst nightmare. It gives you everything that you can want in a dark crime thriller: Complex heroes, haunting atmosphere, skin crawling suspense, and a mystery with so many twists and turns. This is the movie that made me realize Hugh Jackman can basically do any role and this is probably one of Gyllenhaal's top 3 best performances. If you're into detective movies that make your skin crawl then definitely check it out.
½ January 14, 2018
I called it way before the twist, but it was still interesting to watch it unfold.
January 6, 2018
Prisoners (2013) (Movie Review)
"This Is A Spoiler-Free Review"
I just watched this film, and I have to say...I am really glad that this is the first time that I've seen this, because if I had watched it when I was younger I'm pretty sure I wouldn't appreciate the tone of the movie...The movie was basically a crime-drama, with a lot of dialogue and some really great cinematography.
The direction in this film is beyond what I expected, I mean it's a really good looking film, with the great acting performances between "Hugh Jackman" and "Jake Gyllenhaal"...It was a nail-biter experience, and the psychological drama in this movie was staggering. As I begin to experience the film, it's like I'm not even watching them act, because it was so natural...
I won't spoil the main plot of the movie, just please watch it if you have enough free time...This film is worth your time. See this movie with the right mindset, don't expect some non-stop action in this movie because it will disappoint you. This is the movie where it will soak you with so much drama and how you can relate to it as a human being.
For That Ladies and Gentlemen! This Film In My Opinion, Is The Best Movie I've Seen That Is Nearly As Great As "The Shawshank Redemption"...Shawshank is like a strand of hair on top of it :D Because "The Shawshank Redemption" was the first drama movie that I've seen when I was 14 years old that I really loved...That was rare for me at that time, because I was young and dumb, and that movie experience somewhat matured me when I view films like this...
And of course...You already know what I'm going to rate this film...A PERFECT 10 OUT OF 10!
December 31, 2017
Thought it was great, kept me on edge and wanting more
December 29, 2017
Probably the best thriller of the past decade. An emotional rollercoaster. Denis Villeneuve proved again that he is one of the best filmmakers of his generation.
½ December 27, 2017
Great movie, but i didn't like the ending.
December 23, 2017
M-F-O

8.5

[Denis Villeneuve]
½ December 19, 2017
Puntaje Original: 7.0

Otra obra maestra de de Denis Villeneuve. Una historia intrigante que acarrea conflictos y complejidades humanas, acompaņada de notables actuaciones.
December 15, 2017
An engaging accurate drama that has you on the edge of your seat until the very. This may as well be Hugh Jackman's best performance besides Logan. The film does have a disturbing premise but you become engrossed in hoping the main character achieves his goal. A marvelous script is put to use by Gyllenhaals believable performance and the direction nails the suspense the movie is going for.
November 12, 2017
Jake Gyllenhal puts in a riveting performane but the script is a lit too heavy-handed and felt in parts like a stage-play - still in the shadows of its own efforts at being 'dramatic' and thereby failing to fully draw me into the story.
November 8, 2017
I think Prisoners is an extremely overlooked film with great performances by everyone, especially Gyllenhaal and Jackman.
½ October 29, 2017
Great movie kept me into it with suspense awesome twists LOVE GAM GAM
October 27, 2017
Maybe a little too long, but surely thrilling.
October 22, 2017
what excellent storytelling. partway
through I wondered 'why did Hugh Jackman do this movie?" but then it really became such a complex narrative, that all hung together. if you enjoyed the new blade runner movie, check this one out by the same director.