Prometheus - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Prometheus Reviews

January 16, 2017
Prometheus exceeded every expectation I had
January 15, 2017
Nota: 5.4/10 - 2.9/5
January 14, 2017
Only stuckmann and roper agrees with me that this movie is great.*great movie
½ January 11, 2017
Quality set design and cinematography cannot save this film from a minefield of plot holes, unlikeable characters, and clumsy writing.
½ January 10, 2017
Neither a failure, nor a masterpiece. It's what most expected it to be; a very solid sci-fi movie. If you're an Alien(s) fan, you'll definitely enjoy it. Everyone else can go to hell, because while Prometheus tries to tell its own story, it still is a prequel to the famous tetralogy .
January 6, 2017
I'm sorry, but this is not a very good movie. It has awfully stupid characters and someone of the ideas they come up with are... Monumentaly insane! But; within the ruins of Prometheus lies a great movie, an amazing movie if you must.
January 4, 2017
Beautiful movie. Characters all seemed paper thin. Didn't really care about any of them as pretty much all of them eventually died. Especially Charlize Theron's character, who had the most pointless role in a movie that I can recently recall. None the less had a good time, especially watching it in 3D.
January 3, 2017
I don't understand the hate this movie gets. I found it to be very enjoyable.
½ January 2, 2017
prometheus is good to watch but its one of those films you only watch once.
½ December 30, 2016
Truly, truly awful, in both scripting and acting. The absolute low point was Charlize Theron's character who, when not chewing the scenery, was being squished by ... (check your plausibility filters) a freewheeling spaceship. An absolute raw stinking turd in the Alien canon.
½ December 29, 2016
Finally got around to seeing this movie and it's rather slow but keeps building up to a pretty good ending. Worth a watch if you're into Sci-Fi.
½ December 28, 2016
When I heard Ridley Scott was doing a science fiction movie again I got stoked. I can see why many think this is a prequel to a prequel for the Alien movies. Special effects are top notch! It is part suspense and part horror, with some serious jaw dropping gross out moments. I found myself squirming at times on the couch. Many parts in this movie felt recycled from Alien, when you see it you will know what i mean. Noomi is stellar in this flick and plays a strong Ripley like character in Shaw. Overall I found myself liking this movie but not loving it. Definitely has an ending that leaves room for a sequel.
December 27, 2016
Big things have small begginings. Killer DTS HD Master Audio.
December 27, 2016
Just don't think of it as an Alien prequel.
December 25, 2016
Prometheus follows a group of scientists on an expedition to a distant planet after cave paintings are found at different sights around the world all seemingly depicting the same star system. Ridley Scott claims this isn't an Alien prequel but aesthetically speaking it does feel like one and their are certainly nods to the franchise in the third act. Despite these ties to the original classic that Scott redefined the genre with though Prometheus is disappointing: the opening is ultimately unnecessary, the arrival at the planet feels rushed and the character development minimal to non-existent (save for the few main players) and it certainly lacks the depth of all four of its predecessors despite asking lofty questions and dazzling the eyes with gorgeous production designs and some arresting visuals. Once the film gets going though, and the familiar mythology elements start to introduce themselves, Prometheus becomes an enjoyable and entertaining and, at times, engaging (particularly the scenes with Fassbender's 'David') ride. Leaves us with the possibility for improvement for the prequel-sequel with the ending as well.
½ December 20, 2016
An ambitious movie with outstanding visuals and great ideas, but the existentialist debate never goes beyond obvious, and so even if it has a gripping mystery, this is a frustrating effort that only cares about coming up with more and more questions than ever answering them.
December 17, 2016
To set the record straight, this movie is indeed an 'Alien' prequel. It offers insight to the origins of the alien creatures, the derelict ship, and the dead space jockey pilot from the first film. However, these insights are only part of the plot to Ridley Scott's return to the sci-fi genre. The film holds a lot of promises in the first twenty minutes with it's "humans were created by aliens" concept but the theological and philosophical implications are only touched upon. There is no denying that 'Prometheus' is a great looking film. Scott's manic attention to detail is on full display with the spaceship interior and vehicles. The cinematography and top-notch visuals give the film's universe a sense of vastness. As great as the film looks, it is taken down by a cliche and very convoluted script. The film sets out for new territory to explore but only ends up treading over the same ground as it's predecessors. The film becomes such an 'Alien' knock-off that it even has the 'crew member having a secret agenda' twist. Aside from the android David (played fantastically by Michael Fassbender), the rest of the characters are bland, with most existing just to be alien bait. Plus the number of confusingly ridiculous moments and un-answered questions plague the film as it plods along. It's a shame that even with Ridley Scott back at the helm, this latest entry in the Alien franchise can't escape mediocrity. In all honesty, it should have stopped with 'Aliens'.
December 12, 2016
When I completed watching the film I found myself both frustrated but also wanting to like it. It is no secret that multiple writers with different visions touched this script, and it left some plot loop holes in the final product. The motivations of many of the characters are unclear and confusing. Charlize Theron in particular seems to have had her character inserted without any purpose in moving the story forward and, at no fault of her own, could be completely removed from the film without disrupting the plot. The visual affects are great and Michael Fassbender's performance is as always fascinating to watch. I found this worth watching but hope that Alien: Covenant will be more consistent when ti comes to story.
½ December 5, 2016
Not as good as Alien or Aliens, but still good except a couple idiotic characters. Amazing visuals.
November 28, 2016
Dint under stand what the point of the movie was about, great imagry