Prometheus - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Prometheus Reviews

November 28, 2016
Dint under stand what the point of the movie was about, great imagry
November 25, 2016
Terrible film. The visuals are nice and that's about all I can say that's good about this film. The audio is average. The story is awful and every single one of the characters is incredibly poorly developed and is either uninteresting or moronic. The premise was interesting enough but completely ruined by how the scientists believed that there was an alien race that created them, when they had no evidence to support that fact! I would never believe these people to be scientists and therefore this movie completely fails in making believable characters. There is honestly nothing redeemable about this film, you would get enjoyment out of almost anything else.
November 24, 2016
Different from it's prequels but this film is entertaning. Like how they set-up Ridley Scott's Alien franchise
November 22, 2016
For fans of the Alien movies also directed by Ridley Scott, this is a must see prequel.

It's a sci fi horror. There is a premise in the movie that humans came from giant space-faring ancestors. And, that is not the only thing that came from them.

Is it just my imagination, or does main female character Elizabeth Shaw played by Noomi Raplace remind us a lot of Sigurney Weaver as Ripley in the original Alien?

Very suspenseful. Well done. And yes, horrifying. Leaving some unanswered questions.
½ November 20, 2016
A real cool chapter in the Alien mythology. The aesthetics, atmosphere and mystery are as good as ever.. rivaling the original Alien installment.. despite the fact that it is almost a mirror image of the original ~ right down to the android and the female protagonist. But it does fill in a few answers for us and of course adds a few more questions to the mix. To me it's more of an artistic film, a chance to indulge in some more of the thrilling artwork that made Alien so brilliant. And of course the beautiful shots of Iceland is a personal best for me, so I have to give this movie a big thumbs up in the end. ;)
November 13, 2016
Very good must watch, Dynamic special effects. horror/suspense movie prometheus is riveting to the very end
November 8, 2016
4/5 Ratings for Prometheus
F: 73%
R:27%
SciFi 50% Mystery 10% Fantasy 40%
November 6, 2016
Mucha expectativa para una pelicula que prometía mucho, impresionante puesta en escena y efectos especiales
½ November 2, 2016
I AM REALLY IMPRESSED WITH THIS MOVIE! So for starters this is different from the alien movies in the past. That being said I offers a lot because of how different it is from the previous films. I loved it! It wasn't the fright factor I would want from an Alien film but still had me on the edge of my seat. If you think it is like a crappy alien movie like the 3rd and 4th youll be mistaken. This is an absolute joyride and ALiens fans should respect it and enjoy its new feel.
November 1, 2016
Prometheus is a beautiful sci-fi epic that raises far too many questions than it cares to answer. However, Fassbender gives a creepy performance, while Rapace caries the emotional weight of the film. Connections to the Alien franchise are not great or necessary, but the rest of the story keeps you interested.
October 22, 2016
I like this movie entirely too much. It's not great but I thoroughly enjoyed it and I'm excited for the next one.
½ October 18, 2016
This movie like Alien just not as claustrophobic feeling. This amazing movie deserves better!!!!! >:(
½ October 18, 2016
I wanted to love this movie. Instead, I got something that had some aliens in it, but neither the humans nor the aliens did anything logical except the mindless aliens. Charlize Theron's character did absolutely nothing in this movie. I'm being quite literal when I say if you took her out of the movie, there would be no changes at all.

Can't write much more without spoilers so ***SPOILERS*** OK, so it turns out the Engineers that created humans decided to wipe us out. Instead of doing something that makes sense, like crush us like the insects we are, they decided to create Xenomorphs/Aliens to destroy us. Not only is this dumb, because it'd make the planet uninhabitable to them in every conceivable way, it ends up destroying all by one Alien Engineer. It's funny, there is even a picture of the Xenomorphs as we later know them in Alien/Aliens, but they never appear this way in this movie. So where did that picture come from? That's just one example of how poorly done this movie is.

There's a robot, who is of course evil. However, he's not really malfunctioning or programmed to screw everyone over. He just does it because...no reason. He does it because the plot needed something to happen, I guess.

Then the one surviving Engineer is revived and doesn't miss a beat trying to destroy Earth. Does he care he's been asleep 2,000+ years? Does he care that everyone else is dead and that his bioweapon is uncontrollable? Nope, superior, genius life-forms don't need logic, knowledge or order.

There's not really much to recommend this movie. The acting is good, and the story is interesting, but most of what happens makes no sense. It happens because it supposed to happen, not because it makes sense to the plot or motivation of the characters.
October 8, 2016
Prometheus is not Alien or Aliens, BUT, it is quite a good prequel. There is a lot of mythology and it really depends on what you believe as to whether or not you will like this film. Whereas the first two Alien films were pretty straightforward sci-fi thrillers, albeit completely different types of films, Prometheus asks you to believe in some mythology on human creation. If you can either buy into what Scott is putting on film, or a form of it, or suspend belief during the film I think most sci-fi fans will like it. I did feel it was the set up for the next two prequels which isn't the easiest film to make. I think Ridley Scott is a genius filmmaker and I highly recommend this film!
October 3, 2016
Visually-stunning and filled to the brim with bold and outstanding ideas. This is a perfect experience in headstrong science fiction. Well done, Ridley Scott.

Much like Kubrick's "2001: A SPACE ODYSSEY", this epic film raises deep-rooted psychological and spiritual questions that it doesn't have any answers to. That's bold.
September 17, 2016
ridley scott. enough said.
September 16, 2016
At first this film might feel slightly underwhelming, but at a deeper look, Prometheus is a science fiction masterpiece.
September 14, 2016
Talk about disappointing...the trailer is way better than the actual movie.
September 12, 2016
Needed more improvement and more work