Prometheus - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Prometheus Reviews

October 18, 2017
Ridney Scott want try a Bigger Origin of Xenomorph and Came before first film happen. then it start my bottom line it was not Disappointments but l felt there reaction it doesn't add up well. Michael fassbender and Direction Shot look Stunningly and Gorgeous look. by the Fill Plot, Character, acting, Screenplay were Tight flat. you either like or hate it. Prometheus is Mythology there World Settling, and l gonna had more fun to watch.
October 17, 2017
Fails to hold up in second viewing even though the music and cinematography can't be any more better.
October 15, 2017
Really nice Alien story line movie. Story is great. You like space travel and exploring places. Just remember there are earlier visitors, even fellows from past and what they like visitors.... Great movie for rent, or even for buy.
October 10, 2017
Great film. Forgettable characters except for David and Idris Elba's character who were excellent and some of the best in the franchise. Loved the engineers and want to see more of them in future films. This movie had some of the best visuals I've ever seen in film.
October 9, 2017
Wonderfully composed with beautiful effects and great acting, but the premise seems confused and unlikely, to say the least. I preferred to leave the origin of the strange pilot in the original Alien to remain a mystery. In fact, the more we plunge into the Alien mythos, the less haunting it becomes.
½ October 9, 2017
Beautiful opening shots, but that was the best part. I didn't believe the likelihood of any of it - especially after the "I think we can trick the nervous system into thinking it's still alive" line. Unfortunately I couldn't suspend my disbelief after that. Nice production, good actors, but no believable story.
October 2, 2017
For an Alien prequel it is pretty good. There have been some things such as the idiocity of the crew that made the movie worse, but other than that it was an enjoyable expirience.
October 1, 2017
A fantastic and thought-provoking film overshadowed by the disappointment of it not being the next "Alien". Funny thing is, this isn't necessarily a bad thing, as I see it as more of a different take on the ideas of "Blade Runner". It asks the age-old question that still needs answering: "What makes us human?", and Scott asks this question through the theme of creation. But really, other than the breathtaking visuals, the one thing that really holds up this movie is the undeniably talented performance of Michael Fassbender as David.
½ September 29, 2017
Excellent film. Absolutely flawless. Three or four top notch performances and an incredible story. Excellent characters and some of the best visuals ever, that I've seen. Stellar film.
September 25, 2017
This Alien prequel is really an attempt at a remake using similar plot elements of the first movie in the franchise. While the movie has a few of the suspenseful horror scenes we'd expect, the dialogue is about the dummest I've ever seen for a movie in this genre. Are we really to believe that a company that spent a trillion dollars on the mission hired only numbskulls as staff? Give this movie a pass.
September 24, 2017
Prometheus is really, really disappointing. It starts off trying something quite interesting, that being, to ask some of the big existential questions, but then it loses it. As soon as the stuff we recognise as the stuff of the franchise, like your face-huggers and your chest-bursting aliens, start coming out, it goes all formulaic and dull.

Also, characterisation is paper-thin, meaning that, while you've got some very good actors doing their best with what they've been given, because what they've been given isn't a great deal, all the performances come off as one-note. It's not through any fault of the actors, but there you go.

So, to sum up, this is a lacklustre film that could have, and should have, been something special, and the only aspect of the thing that is actually worthy of note is the visuals, now, they are great, but, when the best thing there is to say about a film is that it looks good, that film is not a good one.
September 24, 2017
Deep space crew looks to find the beginnings if life but it wasn't what they thought they would find. Looks like a prequel to "Aliens".
½ September 23, 2017
This interesting prequel has some confusing elements, but overall, it is a good movie.
½ September 20, 2017
Horrible screenplay and terrible acting.
September 18, 2017
Awful. Remake of Alien, Aliens, and Contact. Great CGI though.
September 16, 2017
This was pretty good, not what I expected
September 13, 2017
Sure the movie has a few corny scenes, but I like this movie. It's better than what people give credit for. We also have some good acting by two charismatic movie stars. Michael Fassbender and noomi rapace. It left me wanting more.
September 11, 2017
It seemed as if they did not decide whether this was a prequel to Alien or not, they certainly are related. Between God, religion, the origin of life and the creatures/aliens, the film leaves you with more questions than answers, but i guess they'll answer them in the squeal, I hope. This film is visually impressive, it's incredibly beautiful. Ridley Scott shows us why he is the master of science fiction. The suspense and tension is great, although predictable at times. My favorite scene is when a doctor enters a surgery machine where she removes a creature from her stomach.
½ September 1, 2017
The premise is great, the visual work is stunning. Too bad it quickly transforms into an "Alien" remake. Mostly uninteresting.
½ August 31, 2017
Big budget, R-rated, horror/sci-fi is back. Ridley Scott creates a moody, gory, truly frightening film. It adds to the Alien franchise that has been dormant and dead for so long, all the while blazing it's own path. Not an easy task. It's tense, action-packed, horrifying and philosophical all at once. Does it answer every question we have? No. Then again, neither do most great genre films like this. The directing, acting, and production quality is second to none, and the end obviously is wide open for a sequel. Let's hope it grosses enough that Ridley Scott can return to this universe he is building once again.