Prometheus - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Prometheus Reviews

February 25, 2017
Absolute betrayal to the Alien franchise. Every character minus Michael Fassbender's David, is as dull as possible. These people have a PhD, and someone dumber than them is screaming "Don't poke at the f***ing alien that's hissing at you!" and I'm right! Nobody realizes that it's probably a good idea to run sideways, the visuals look amazing but other than that, this is the most agitated I've ever been at a movie since Batman & Robin
½ February 23, 2017
Well I've had a go at this already in the Amazon DVD reviews. What was Scott thinking when he made this - a weak mess of a film that totally undermined the myth and mystique he'd established in the first?
Weak character-writing means poor Noomi Rapace never achieves the strength of Sigourney Weaver's Ripley - but it probably doesn't help that she looks six inches shorter.
The humanoid engineers? Just reek of poor prosthetics... Rafe Spall - usually a real presence plays and dies as the stupidest space biologist imaginable... The flabby alien thing looks like a joke... the fabulous "space jockey" of Alien is diminished in size and power - and proves to be merely an exotic space suit for the humanoid engineer. Really?? I much preferred the notion that this was the ossified carcass of a huge alien suggested in the first - and, then finally, we were shown a diminutive pseudo alien that was really a joke compared to what we had grown used to. Is this supposed to an earlier, less evolved alien? We are not told, and are supposed to guess?? I'm all for films that demand thinking about - but, really.. after all the shit we've just sat through, do we care any more? At this point, we just want it to end - which fortunately it's about to do... And finally, one more script point that has really bugged me from the moment it came up: the quote from Lawrence of Arabia, which I've always loved - and is echoed by Fassbinder in the early scenes: "The secret, is not MINDING that it hurts..." A great line - but which is never later referred to, so becomes quite pointless. That line needed to have been repeated later in the film, when he or some other character was under stress or pain. Without that later echo, the line and its establishment becomes quite pointless. Perhaps it was in an earlier cut, but then removed - but without trimming its set-up.. These are all things which master director Ridley Scott, you'd think, would have seen and addressed. The fact that he didn't, but delivered this exceedingly below-par film, makes you wonder....
½ February 21, 2017
Visually stunning and thoroughly well-acted, Prometheus draws deep into the Alien mythology and suggests a new future for the franchise.
½ February 14, 2017
A gorgeous movie. Not bad story line but with all the haunting atmosphere, its great
½ February 11, 2017
Brilliant and beautiful.
February 9, 2017
A flawed and at times confusing prequel to alien. But is redeemed by its great acting and visuals
½ February 5, 2017
this visually stunning film had a premise with great promise, and delivered on that promise for the first 30 minutes before turning into the most disappointing and painful to watch film i have ever seen in my entire life. nothing that happens in this movie makes sense in its narrative and all of the characters behave in nonsensical ways which dont make sense
½ January 31, 2017
Although it is confusing and rather misunderstood, Prometheus pacts an amazing suspenseful and visual dazzling movie. Although not all questions are answered, the upcoming movies should make up for the plot holes Ridley so much despises.
½ January 31, 2017
With or without it's "Alien" connection this is a good, epic looking movie but slightly let down by a complex, unmemorable plot and an a cast of characters that never really "pop" as they ought to. By far its strongest elements are the stunning visuals and it's imaginative design.
January 31, 2017
It's good movie to watch
½ January 29, 2017
Not sure what ridley was tryin to achieve with this. I think he had a story in mind and thought hmm this isn't working. He then decided to work a bit of alien into it, to make it start hype about those films again. The alien connection is clearly a marketing ploy, but the number 1 thing he said he must do is deny that it is a prequel to alien. Hence why he is now working on actual prequel film lol.
January 20, 2017
The trailer would get an A, though.
January 16, 2017
Prometheus exceeded every expectation I had
January 15, 2017
Nota: 5.4/10 - 2.9/5
January 14, 2017
Only stuckmann and roper agrees with me that this movie is great.*great movie
½ January 11, 2017
Quality set design and cinematography cannot save this film from a minefield of plot holes, unlikeable characters, and clumsy writing.
½ January 10, 2017
Neither a failure, nor a masterpiece. It's what most expected it to be; a very solid sci-fi movie. If you're an Alien(s) fan, you'll definitely enjoy it. Everyone else can go to hell, because while Prometheus tries to tell its own story, it still is a prequel to the famous tetralogy .
January 6, 2017
I'm sorry, but this is not a very good movie. It has awfully stupid characters and someone of the ideas they come up with are... Monumentaly insane! But; within the ruins of Prometheus lies a great movie, an amazing movie if you must.
January 4, 2017
Beautiful movie. Characters all seemed paper thin. Didn't really care about any of them as pretty much all of them eventually died. Especially Charlize Theron's character, who had the most pointless role in a movie that I can recently recall. None the less had a good time, especially watching it in 3D.
January 3, 2017
I don't understand the hate this movie gets. I found it to be very enjoyable.