Reinas (Queens) Reviews

• Oct 03, 2016

The only good thing about the movie is its leading ladies. They were all exceptional! The mothers were only half the movie, the other half belongs to the sons. Their stories were too weak, the wrting there was as unimaginative as possible. Their characters were so dull that the mothers had an easy job stealing all the scenes from them. It wants to present itself as a very open-minded movie but in the end it manages to end up being a big unsatisfactory,stereotypical one.

• Feb 11, 2013

Una comedia divertida, medio pavada!! Para pasar el tiempo!

Una comedia divertida, medio pavada!! Para pasar el tiempo!

• Aug 26, 2012

We love the settings. Housing stock in South America is superb as are the restaurants and other places of activity. Why can't North America get their act together with these posh gay weddings? Sex on the train scene was a highlight, the hot mamas in another Latin cultural trend that North America needs to embrace. Jury is still out on the blond twink, that bitch left the dog! Overall, lots of drama, basically a long glorified soap opera. Needs more gay on gay action with cutes.

• Aug 21, 2012

With lots of familiar Latino faces, this farcical romance faithfully recalls the pleasure and joy of early AlmodÏ?var films. A must see!

• Sep 14, 2011

me aburri un poco y me dormi

me aburri un poco y me dormi

• Jun 19, 2011

Una pelicula sobre los primeros casamientos homosexuales en España. Dentro de todo es entretenida, aunq no es la gran pelicula.

• Mar 13, 2011

Le casting est dà (C)tonnant avec de nombreuses actrices qui ont fait leur preuves dans les films d'Almodovar. Les acteurs ne sont pas mal non plus. Les personnages sont sur le point de se marier mais tout ne va pas se passer comme prà (C)vu. On vit les quelques jours, voire même les quelques heures qui prà (C)cèdent en ayant à chaque fois un point de vue diffà (C)rent. Le film est très rà (C)ussi.

• Feb 24, 2011

Hard to follow story that was mediocre at best. A few plot twists, but not enough time was spent on resolution. Some serious issues got resolved in just a few seconds and we didn't get to see how. Some slapstick comedy that wasn't funny. I guess I was hoping for a unique viewpoint on sexuality in Spanish cinema, but it seemed very Americanized. I disagree with the R rating for the U.S. release. Common sense rating for anyone who's not a neo-conservative would be PG-13.

• Feb 20, 2011

It sounds like Almodovar, it tastes like Muriel's wedding, it smells like a movie I enjoyed to see!

• Feb 17, 2011

Defently on of My Favourite Movies!!! Such a Funny, Charming and Entertaing Comedy!!! Im a totally Fan of the Spanish Humour and this is a Prime Example of it!!! Also Love the Soundtrack!!!