Rabbit Hole - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Rabbit Hole Reviews

November 24, 2017
Based on David Lindsay-Abaire's Pulitzer Prize winning play of the same name, director John Cameron Mitchell's "Rabbit Hole" is an absolute wallop of a drama, featuring plaintive performances that never even begin to border on being too schlocky or too Hollywood, some really idyllic camerawork and imagery throughout, and - most importantly - a supremely fascinating and unique take on the thematic topic of grieving process, closure, and death. It really is keen dramatic work. Lindsay-Abaire, who also penned the film's screenplay, has this excellent knack for keeping things super simple and quiet, yet pregnant with subtext and meaning. It's no wonder why the text that the film's based on is so renowned. Kidman and Eckhart are incredible. I at no point doubted their onscreen interactions and chemistry, which - again - are just rife with so many notions left unsaid. I gotta' say, I was pleasantly surprised with this film, despite its dour subject matter. It was truly worth the watch.
September 18, 2017
This is a very, very sad movie but, so very well acted!
½ September 6, 2017
Recommended by itsjustme2004
May 28, 2017
This movie is well worth watching. The subject matter is truly sorrowful, but I didn't shed a tear and I cry at movies, happy and sad. I stayed focused on the characters and how they reacted to this tragic event, instead of the actual event itself. The acting is top notch. Nicole Kidman was nominated for a well deserved Oscar, she didn't win, but she was just so great in this part. Worth your time.
May 15, 2017
When we see that life's routines can't bring those we wished to see back. When we see we try travelling to every destination to reach the the same place we started, but we see we do it not alone. When we see we can't hold ourselves back, distract ourselves, or care to be influenced by others thst we see are not like us. When we see all have to grow and move on from such points of tragedy in our life to live with what no longer see and accept seeing what we now can see.
April 18, 2017
This has been on my 'to view' list for some time so it was a relief of some sorts that it lived up to expectations. A really strong cast (perhaps Kidman aside, never sure about her and her automaton approach) bring a real feel of truth to the film. There are genuine feeling laughs from the dark humour you have to find as a grieving parent. I really liked it, my wife found it moving but frustrating so not sure everyone will find it their cup of tea, But in 91mins it really hit some nails slap bang on the head for me.
April 8, 2017
Both leads I am not a fan of but they act well, the story is the real reason the movie is good. Honest and real right up until the well done ending.
½ March 28, 2017
One noted and sad. Deals with how people grieve in different ways. It was sort of boring too me..
March 24, 2017
Rabbit Hole is a somber look into tragedies and the human response to them and John Cameron Mitchell is able to craft, with the help of it's two excellent stars, a movie that is brutally realistic and one that latches on to your emotions and never lets go.
March 23, 2017
Film ini bertutur dengan cukup misterius. Penonton harus memaksa masuk ke dalam ceritanya, atau hanya akan tersesat karena putusnya koneksi dengan ceritanya. Mau dianggap sebagai sebuah refleksi atau tidak, film ini mencoba menekankan, seberapa besar disfungsi yang terjadi di dalam keluarga Anda, toh langkah pertama yang harus anda lakukan adalah menyelamatkan hubungan dengan pasangan anda dulu. Ada banyak cara untuk melalui segala hambatan, tetapi usaha untuk mengerti apa yang sebetulnya dibutuhkan oleh pasangan kita adalah yang menjadi terpenting dalam menjaga keutuhan rumah tangga.
½ March 15, 2017
If I were judging this based on John Cameron Mitchell's direction, the hauntingly moving source material, or anyone else's performances, specifically Miles Teller or Aaron Eckhart, I'd give this a perfect score. But not even all those other qualities can mask Nicole Kidman's awful performance. From her "magnificent" range of emotions, going between frustrated and bored, to the fact that her accent fluctuates from Australian to American to New Yorker, she was the absolute wrong choice. Kidman saw this play as Oscar bait, and only became involved so she could catch another nomination, and you cannot convince me otherwise.
½ March 7, 2017
It's difficult to watch but this film is unflinchingly honest in dealing with all ramifications of grief.
October 28, 2016
Simple story, Simple plot
½ August 13, 2016
"Rabbit Hole" stands as a fine drama; brutally honest without being award bait, and anchored by a solid performance from Nicole Kidman.
August 1, 2016
John Cameron Mitchell tells with great sensibility this delicate and painfully sad story that could have been made too depressive and hard to watch by a heavy-handed filmmaker, while the performances are outstanding, especially from Kidman and Wiest.
½ July 17, 2016
I didn't connect with the film, but I can see it as something one would want to watch to help process a loss, especially that of a child.
½ July 7, 2016
When one loses a child the grief is very overwhelming. People handle grief in all kinds of ways. In Rabbit hole Nicole kidman plays a woman who handles it in my opinion the wrong way. Rabbit Hole looks at a couple who are at opposite sides in handling the aftermath of their sons death.
Kidman plays Becca while aaron Eckhart plays howie. Together they play a couple who is trying to pick the pieces after their 4 year old sons death. becca wants to sell and get rid of anything that reminds them of their son danny. This pisses off Howie to no end as he wants another child with becca and doesn't want to erase the memory of his son. This puts the two at odds for a good portion of the iflm. At the same time Becca frequently meets the teenage boy responsible for his death and howie meets a woman he sees a group therapy. both of them look towards these people as ones who will in someway help them find their way to peace after this terrible tragedy.
Pretty good film. Nicole kidman's becca is interesting because she is trying to hide away and disregard the fact her son is dead. No matter how much she keeps doing this and it makes matters worse in her life. excellent performance from kidman. aaron Eckhart was really great here too. He had an amazingly well acted argument scene with kidman they both went toe to toe there it was sooo good. He also did a good job of playing the husband that wants to keep some kind of memory of their son despite how hard it is to overcome the greif. Miles teller has not changed one bit he looks the same here as he does now and same with Sandra oh. the relationship between Jason and becca in the film is interesting because it's the one person she isn't lashing out at in her life in regards to what happened and he's the biggest person of all to lash out at. its really ironic
there was many motifs involving drawings and certain symbols. interesting lighting usage its like right in the middle of low key and high key lighting. Overall this was a well written story with a Decent ending.
April 21, 2016
Rabbit Hole has respectable elements. But it just could have been more special, the characters are not that interesting. I can't really connect with clean Americans with big suburban houses and shiny cars.
½ March 28, 2016
The strong performances by Nicole Kidman and Aaron Eckhart are what kept me engaged until the end in this, otherwise, painful-to-watch movie. It's definitely not for everyone, but I thought it was worth viewing.
February 27, 2016
Anything the John Cameron Mitchell directs. ZOMG.