Red Dawn - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Red Dawn Reviews

½ March 23, 2018
Underrated and under appreciated. Red Dawn is a really good "teen war film" that has some good values.
March 12, 2018
Not even close to the original but worth a watch if you have a couple of free hours.
February 28, 2018
Great Movie, very emotional scenes, and good character growth throughout the movie. Excellent remake.
½ December 27, 2017
Hemsworth stands out in this mediocre remake..
Josh Peck is a terrible actor and should not have been cast in this film.
½ October 31, 2017
Deux ex machina everywhere... in the end, anything that was planned in the plot, had any sense... bad writing, bad acting, bad story, not even funny
½ September 27, 2017
Red Dawn has a well-written cast with dynamically conflicting characters whose different strategic approaches towards sudden war make them all very unique with how to face the barbaric savages that are North Koreans, but overall the movie plays more like a half-video game that is played out for you and half-visual strategy lecture on how to dupe Communist Asian bad guys, both halves which are very common in many movies of the war genre.
September 25, 2017
fuck y'all this movie was hella good you're blind af if you say otherwise
August 27, 2017
Soured a little on the remake, too much Deus Ex Machina even for the original which was unbelievable. Rainy sundays and it won't let you down $4
June 25, 2017
F
Red Dawn was a movie thrown together to make a little bit of money. It is nothing special. The action is fairly good and acting isn't bad, but the movie was already out of my mind before I walked out of the theatre. The story was nothing new and exciting and the movie just wasn't very good. The ending was abrupt and left me feeling like it was the least important part of the movie. Overall a decent action flick, but mainly a cash grab.
May 25, 2017
With the script being unrelated to the original, and the settings and situation more modern, I thought this movie was pretty enjoyable. This is pretty much the closest prediction of what the near future may lie towards. It does make a weird plot hole like where the heck the US military and National Guard is, but it makes sense why: because they're just in a citywide area. I might not be a professional critic, I can see why people don't like it and why others do. But my opinion is that this movie does what it was made to do: Make you paranoid, enjoy action, guess whose going to live or die, and wonder if this could really happen. I would recommend this movie to people who like military movies or to people who don't like all the blood and gore.
May 18, 2017
Boring to watch hay it's not for me
May 17, 2017
A shadow of its former self - an a precinance of the future
½ April 11, 2017
The action in this is really good. However the storyline is confusing. The acting is not the best apart from Chris Hemsworth who does an excellent job.
Overall it's something to watch.
March 3, 2017
Sort of thrilling, barely (vine voice).
February 19, 2017
There is a chance to enjoy this movie but it's not exactly "winning". Despite the absence of Charlie Sheen from the original Red Dawn of 1984 the Red Dawn of 2012 seems rushed and just thrown together to try and make a few bucks by using some big time names in the cast. Also not to mention they made Thor get a hair cut for the role I mean come on the long hair is his thing man. That said, I fell victim to that tactic of big names and out my love for Drake and Josh as a kid, two stars.
½ February 5, 2017
This movie is awful but I enjoyed it
½ January 25, 2017
Such a strange movie.
September 12, 2016
I actually really enjoyed this film
August 9, 2016
Heh, Hollywood is just desperate to make money these days, aren't they? The original 1984 classic was great, leave it the hell alone!
July 27, 2016