Redemption - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Redemption Reviews

½ August 20, 2016
Notorious badass Jason Statham stars as an ex-Special Forces soldier who returns to London a damaged man, struggling to find justice in a world saturated with violence in this gritty, explosive story about London's criminal underworld.
½ July 29, 2016
Not an average Statham film it focuses more on the story than anything else, The first half of the film has no real plot and eventually when we get to have a plot it fades in and out of it, This has to be Stathams best acting performance to date, He still beats people up but it's nowhere near full of action, It's a different film that's not for everybody but is good in its own ways and Statham deserves more credit for trying something new.
July 27, 2016
Although Jason Statham gives a great performance, and the direction is smooth and stylish, the film has poor pacing, and the story feels convoluted and doesn't really go anywhere.
July 18, 2016
Statham and the Nun carry this semi-interesting, good looking film.
July 1, 2016
It's a gloomy, joyless film that's not sure what it wants to be or even what it actually is. One minute its your typical Statham action street film, the next it's an awkward sentimental romance. It didn't work & also got kinda boring.
February 11, 2016
AKA Hummingbird, this is yet another entry in what can only be described as a one-man genre in its own right - very average Jason Statham films. This has its oddities - featuring nuns and a presumably randomly constructed screenplay - but also its saving graces, primarily comprising the conflicted soul of the central character. Passable.
December 29, 2015
Redemption was a decent thriller but didn't pack the action that Jason statham is in every movie. Which made the movie slow and dull.
December 3, 2015
Reasonably good and enjoyable film and story.
November 3, 2015
Not without its problems, one being just another dose of standard Stataham; nevertheless, Redemption has its moments. Sure, Statham's character reeks havoc on the underbelly of society per usual, but there's a twist here in his relationship with Cristina. She's attempting to rid her demons through abstinence while Joey rids his via the bottle, an interesting juxtaposition as well as not-hard-to-believe connection between two people suffering at the hands of slow death by guilt. It is this showcase, this relationship that gives Redemption its potential, even though it does break down in the end back to the ordinary. There's light here but not quite enough to redeem this film to the realm of outstanding.
October 10, 2015
I found this movie Very Well Acted by Jason Statham as Jon Jones, an Ex British Special Forces Operative who finds himself broken and homeless, when fate gives him a chance to re build his life. The relationship Jon develops has with a Catholic Charites Nun played by Agata Buzak is done in a lovely, sublime way. If you are looking for action, this movie has it, but I enjoyed the excellent acting,and found the scenes between Jones and the Nun, Lovely.
September 16, 2015
Algo entretenida la peli en ciertos aspectos, pero sigue siendo otra generica continuación del Transportador
½ September 10, 2015
NOT your typical Statham fair, this film has a brooding soul and some things to say. It's not perfect, but it has transfixing neon-drenched cinematography, an honest tale to tell, and what is, in my option, the Staths best performance to date. He is committed to the role and brings, surprisingly, a hearty amount of vulnerability to Joey, an alpha male broken by past transgressions.
Although it never fully explores the issues it raises, it still swings for the fences by touching on some big issues: addiction, prostitution, religion, revenge, the nature of good vs bad and, most notably, post traumatic stress disorder.
August 9, 2015
Recently I've found myself attracted to nuns.

A homeless man on the run from the government for an outstanding court-martial from deserting after witnessing some horrific events falls into some misfortune. While running from some men trying to beat up the homeless man, he stows away in an apartment where he steals a man's identity and belongings and begins living in the establishment. He uses his new found fortune for revenge and protecting the homeless.

"Also, I didn't realize there'd be so many naked men."

Steven Knight, director of Locke and episodes from the television series Detectives, delivers Redemption in his directorial debut. The storyline for this picture isn't bad and fun to watch unfold. There are some awkward and clumsy scenes and the acting is uneven. The cast includes Jason Statham, Agata Buzek, Vicky McClure, Benedict Wong, and Ger Ryan.

"I'm not your sister, I'm drunk, and I'm up against the wall."

This was amongst many new Statham movies that were added to the Netflix queue not too long ago. I generally enjoy his films and decided to give this a shot. This was slightly disappointing and did not add much to the genre. The flashback scenes were not well done and at the time the story felt weak and vulnerable. This could have been better.

"I'm guessing you've got psychological problems."

Grade: C-
August 8, 2015
A much more spiritual action/drama movie from Jason Statham about a war vet who comes home to live on the streets.
He squats in a mans condo while he is on vacation to help him get his life on track and ends up working for some shady people and wants to get revenge on some thugs that hurt a friend of his while he was living on the streets.
He also falls in love with a nun who gives food to homeless people.
June 12, 2015
Jason Statham shows us in this movie that he is not just a mindless action movie actor, he has acting chops. This movie does contain the casual awesome Jason Statham fight sequences but isn't as fantastic as his mind-blowing performance. Sure the movie is packed with flaws, but those two things will blow you away so much, that you won't even care about them. Redemption is one of Stathams best.
May 17, 2015
Az angol vajszív? katona és s lengyel apáca botsáska zavaros balladája.
May 11, 2015
A little slow to start but I was soon hooked...Statham is magnificent in this...why doesn't he do more movies like this instead of the mind-numbing beat 'em up rubbish he usually stars in? This is gritty, hard-hitting stuff with an ending that will blow you away.
May 8, 2015
It started but it gets muddled and boring just past the halfway point.
½ April 27, 2015
Redemption is a disappointing film. It is about an ex-special forces soldier on the run from a military court martial. Jason Statham and Vicky McClure give terrible performances. The script is badly written. Steven Knight did a horrible job directing this movie. I was not impressed with this motion picture.
½ March 30, 2015
This was nut a very great movie. The stout send like one have seen several times before. There is some cool cinematography but the acting is bad.