Remember the Titans - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Remember the Titans Reviews

July 22, 2016
One of the best movies of all time in my opinion!
July 4, 2016
What started the sappy-sports-made-by-Disney film genre. lol

Everything about the movie was great: the acting, the plot, the music; fine, I've seen this one too many times and I'm on the verge of throwing my TV out when I see it premiere on TBS for the billionth time, but if I took this movie in small doses, I'd be sane. lol
½ July 1, 2016
Great movie! Denzel and Will Patton are great in their roles. Awesome feel-good, sports movie.
June 19, 2016
When in conflict, the only true path to healing comes through empathy. Remember the Titans knows this and, like the sport of football itself, is full of attitude and heart. Washington's commitment to his performance elevates everything and everyone around him, and even though it's corny and not all of the side stories hold water, it does a brilliant job of placing us in the midst of the racial turmoil. And I really think I need to dust my house...
June 14, 2016
Denzel Washington and Will Patton give sensational performances which helps create one of the most spectacular films of our time!
June 12, 2016
One of the best ever. Some points taken off for altered original story, but exceptional movie.
½ May 26, 2016
Una de las primeras peliculas sobre americano que vi, una gran historia llevada de una gran manera, con excelentes actuaciones... definitivamente recomendacion total!
May 16, 2016
I've seen this movie countless times & it never gets old! Such an amazing story told beautifully well through a greatly done film!
May 14, 2016
Is it predictable? Yes, but this is actually one of the only sport movies I like.
May 13, 2016
They didn't say 'who's yo daddy' in the 1960s. Cheerleaders did not do hip-hop moves. They didn't tell yo mama jokes. Surprised no one was saggin. The whole period accuracy thing was idiotic.
May 8, 2016
Heartwarming and inspirational with great performances, but so predictable.
April 24, 2016
On April 15, 1947 Jackie Robinson broke the color barrier. Twenty-four years later in, ''Remember the Titans,'' we are still fighting the very same battle. Based upon a less well-known episode in the racial history of American sports, the integration of a high school football team in Alexandria, Virginia in 1971, it provides an awful lot of swelling from within.
Coach Boone (Denzel Washington) and Coach Yoast (Will Patton) meet in the beginning of the movie and Coach Yoast shares his concern that his players won't play. Coach Boone then says that the best player will play, skin color doesn't matter. Coach Yoast then responds with, "Coach, I'm afraid that is the only thing that does matter right now." Coach Boone and Coach Yoast do an unbelievable job of balancing the effects of racism in developing these young football players into men. They use football to teach them to control their anger on the gridiron, but most importantly, in real life.
The moment that changes the team from a group of individual to an actual team is when Coach Boone takes them on a run through the woods to Gettysburg. He shares his feelings of how 50,000 men died on the very ground they were standing on fighting the same battle they were fighting today. Life is not necessarily about liking everyone you're around, but respecting them. That's all Boone asks from them, to help them become a group of men.
In the end of it all, this movie crosses more than one goal line and overcomes defeat. The Titans defy the odds and conquer defeat in the game of football, but more importantly, in the game of life.
March 24, 2016
One of the few sports movies I really liked. Great message and good acting. The ending was depressing but overall movie was very well done.
February 29, 2016
Way better than 2 and 1/2 stars! Sorry old review. This movie is way better than I thought. Go football. Sports! Do the thing!
½ February 17, 2016
Denzel Washington's character was the best thing about this movie. His speeches and his direction to the team were outstanding. The team members evolution from enemies to friends was very believable too. Even though you know the outcome of this story, all the elements that make a great sports drama work really well. The team's chemistry, the top-notch football action, and great performances are all there and it comes out as a good, memorable sports movie. It's definitely Disney's best sports movie besides Miracle.
February 16, 2016
Remember The Titans is a true story about a football teams perseverance to overcome all odds. The year is 1971 and an African American coach, Herman Boone (Denzel Washington), has been hired to lead a newly segregated T.C. Williams football team. Not many people, including his assistant coach Bill Yoast (Will Patton), are a fan of blacks and whites playing on the same team. The problems society had with racism and discrimination are evident throughout the movie. Audiences get a look at the history of America including one of it's biggest issues; racism.
The players eventually face a major decision: do they forget their hatred for the players of the other race in order to win or do they throw away a season out of this same hatred? Coach Boone hopes that if they see success on the field then they can overcome all the problems they face off of it. He uses many clever and inventive tactics in order to make the players realize that they aren't so different after all. One such tactic was taking the team on a pre dusk run to the Battle of Gettysburg memorial. The movie is a little predictable but the storyline and lessons taught overcome this. We begin to see high school kids overcome an issue that has troubled this country for decades and continues to do so today. There are many disturbing images such as racial slurs and riots that show us just how bad things used to be. The fact that these kids were able to put that all aside can truly be used as an inspiration to people of all ages and colors. With the great storyline and inspirational messages, Remember The Titans is a must see movie.
January 30, 2016
Barriers, Barriers, what Barriers? If there's such thing as a "break through," this portrays it. The rev the coaching staff and a cute gal, can't faze a united squad?!
January 30, 2016
This great movie was part of my childhood!
January 13, 2016
Wonderful, just stunning!
January 7, 2016
Going back to old school, One of the all time best and see how to come out of Racism. Denzel Washington at his best