Remember the Titans - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Remember the Titans Reviews

March 24, 2018
"Remember the Titans" is an inspirational classic.
½ March 19, 2018
In the movie "Remember the Titans" it talks about the first ever integrated high school, and the first ever integrated football team. Two schools come together and combine and create one big team. Then the team goes out to a camp called Gettysburg, and study each one another to form bonds between the two ethnic groups. And it also explains how these young men work together to form strong friendships and are able to become football champions. In this paper, it will be explained why and how this movie portrays friendship using the characters, respect, and how looking deeper into other's eyes could possibly change things. The main purpose of this movie is to create friendships, these friendships in the movie symbolises learning about each other and using it to mend the bond. And how friendship is based on the color that stands out to others from the inside, instead of out.Characters in the movie "Remember the Titans" makes this movie golden. The way they act, helps the audience see what is going on and the tension that is going on inside the movie. The way the characters bond slowly throughout the movie with each other, makes "friendship" an inspirational aspect. The 2 main characters Coach Boone, played by Denzel Washington, and Coach Yoast, played by Will Patton, also set the movie up. It shows how these two coaches take a group of boys, and make them respect each other, to be successful. Which causes the group of boys to become friends, as well as get to know each other. By forcing the love of football onto them, they realize that friendship is a big deal in any kind of sport you play. For example, at the camp Gettysburg, they will have 2-day practices, until they get to know every person's name, and what that person likes. For example, Louie Lastik, one of the football players says, "I eat lunch with Rev sir.... Me and Rev both dig on the Temptations sir."Boone used the cemetery at Gettysburg, as the example for having the players get to know each other better. He said " 50,000 men died right here, fighting the same fight that we are still fighting amongst ourselves today.... Listen to their souls man, kill my brother with malice in my heart. Hatred destroyed my family...You listen take a lesson from the dead. If we don't come together right now, on this hallowed ground we too will be destroyed." This shows how many people use to fight others over color of skin, fighting over which part of this country you come from. But, he also is trying to say that, if we don't come together we will destroy ourselves without the work and understanding of others. Friendship can be built in and with anybody, and they don't have to be the same color skin, or from the same place that you're from. As a society, we need to come together and put aside our differences."I don't care if you like each other or not but, you will respect each other." Respect, is something you earn. It's not just given to you, you have to work for it. In this movie, respecting each other is another important point. Having respect for others, especially who aren't like you, is very one, very important point made in this movie. For example, those who have different backgrounds, like the characters in this movie. Judging a book by its cover is not a very great way to understand and become friends with people, and in this movie, it shows us how these young men overcame that. In conclusion, "Remember the Titans" showed great emphasis on the importance of seeking the differences in people physically, emotionally, and mentally. And making lasting friendships with people who have different ethnic backgrounds and interests, as well as social lives. It also shows how working together as a team can strengthen each other as individuals, and as a whole. Learning how to respect other people's point of views and understand where they are coming from is a key topic in this movie created by Yakin. The thing that I learned was that different people have different things that they value, and different perspectives that others might not see.
½ March 18, 2018
This is a solid movie, not perfect by far but not bad at all. This movie makes you feel redeemed after watching it and you feel happy after the credits start. This movie does have some small problems but those problems are extremely minor. This is a great watch for any sports fan, any religious group, or family. This movie is a movie with great performances, a great story, OK visuals, and a great time.
½ March 15, 2018
February 16, 2018
pure movie magic, Denzel is at his best in this heart warning, moving and inspirational movie that breaks the race barrier and has the courage to vision a society where all people are treated equally.
February 13, 2018
Great movie. Great story. Great acting.
January 14, 2018
With fantastic performances and a tear jerking plot, it's easy to remember Remember The Titans.
½ December 19, 2017
Puntaje Original: 6.5

Inspiradora, emocionante y un pilar en cuanto a la tolerancia inter-racial. Brillantes actuaciˇnes. Una peÝcula digna de ver.
½ November 28, 2017
Puntaje Original: 6.5

November 16, 2017
great movie. watched it in class. I recommend watching it
October 28, 2017
One of the best movies I?ve ever seen. Truly inspirational with great acting, soundtrack and story. This is more than a football movie. The characters and their development throughout this movie was remarkable.
October 11, 2017
­?┐­?┐­?┐­?┐­?┐ + ­?┐­?┐­?┐­?┐­?┐ #gregghead
½ September 29, 2017
Way better than 2 and 1/2 stars! Sorry old review. This movie is way better than I thought. Go football. Sports! Do the thing!
½ August 11, 2017
One of the best sports movies. Denzell was great as usual.
½ July 22, 2017
Best Sports Drama of All Time
½ July 13, 2017
Predictable, but undoubtedly enjoyable.
½ June 16, 2017
It's football a sports movie that I thought was pretty good and some what funny of a movie to enjoy!
June 1, 2017
One of the best sport's movies of all time, Remember the Titans still inspires and challenges today.
May 20, 2017
Caught this on cable again the other day and decided to give it another watch. Absolutely great movie.
May 10, 2017
Best Movie I've seen this year, brought me tears of joy, a very inspiring, exciting, touching good film