Rewind This! Reviews

• Jun 22, 2017

A snappy passion project capturing the love & success of the VHS revolution & what it opened up for Film Lovers. Focusing on the infamous titles only released on VHS & some incredible collectors this makes a simple but terrific documentary. Filled to the brim with odd but fascinating interviews with those still heavily involved with VHS both collecting & screening it. An insightful documentary that clearly shows VHS ain't dead!!

• Apr 10, 2016

How do all of these nerd guys look exactly the same? The talking heads approach isn't able to sustain an entire feature. Lucky I was real into the topic I guess but I felt bad making anyone else watch this with me.

• Oct 15, 2015

great documentary about the evolution of the video tape industry,as a market,a cultural phenomenon and a nostalgic way of life. this really brought back good memories of videostores and the beginnings of VHS distribution.It also made me think of happier times in my life when my family owned a couple of video rental stores.if you are really into film,you need to watch this.

• Sep 05, 2015

Loving and informative look at the most important format of home media and how it affected the industry.

• Jan 31, 2015

A bit rough around the edges, but covers a golden age that I grew up in incredibly well.

• Dec 20, 2014

Great doc on the history of vhs and it's cultural impact.

Great doc on the history of vhs and it's cultural impact.

• Oct 23, 2014

What is the legacy of VHS ? How did Video Stores change the way wee see movies ? What did it mean to be able to pause, rewind, & fast forward a film ? In answering these questions, this offbeat documentary explores the rise & fall of the VHS tape & the changing face of film exhibition

• Aug 28, 2014

A fun doc about VHS, people who collect them, people who still sell them & weird shlock that was distributed on them. CHECK IT OUT.

• Jun 29, 2014

absolutely brilliant

absolutely brilliant

• Jun 24, 2014

As an avid record collector, I can completely understand why the preservation of the video format is just as important as any other in this digital age, yet this documentary still surprised me in a lot of way. While it could have gone with a bit more funding for graphics and editing, this is still a very interesting, important and funny documentary. A must for film buffs.