Rhinoceros Eyes Reviews

• Aug 20, 2014

some cool ideas but the movie as a whole it was just ok...I did enjoy it for the most part though.

• Aug 26, 2013

Michael gives a haunting performance--Seriously cool and psyched out!!

Michael gives a haunting performance--Seriously cool and psyched out!!

• Jan 12, 2012

Skum film men en grym insats av Michael Pitt!

Skum film men en grym insats av Michael Pitt!

• Oct 17, 2010

• Oct 17, 2010

• Aug 18, 2010

What a strange movie. I love how versatile Michael Pitt is... and watching Gale Harold is just a treat :)

• Feb 16, 2010

Very strange... I liked it!

Very strange... I liked it!

• Feb 15, 2009

LOVE SEE NO BOUNDS... OR LOOKS!

LOVE SEE NO BOUNDS... OR LOOKS!

• Nov 09, 2008

Have not seen the whole thing yet, but from what I have seen, I like.

Have not seen the whole thing yet, but from what I have seen, I like.

• Sep 21, 2008

I had caught glimpses of this film, and certainly intrigued me with some fantastic cinematography and set designs. Now that I've seen the whole movie, it's a very quirky indie film. Michael Pitt does a great job portraying Chep, an idiot-savant/autistic young fellow that lives in a prop house, taken in my the pothead owners. All the kid does is live and work in the prop house, and only leaves to see classic movies. He ends up becoming infatuated with a movie art designer that walks into the shop, and ends up finding odd props she needs for a film shoot she's working on. There's also some interesting Ray Harryhausen-type effects for Chep's delusional episodes talking with props coming to life, among other day-dream surreal sequences (interestingly enough the director is the nephew of David Cronenberg). Great references here, from Ed Wood's movie star/wrestler Tor Johnsen, Harryhausen, classic movie musicals/romances... Basically this is a story of loss of innocence, of someone living a sheltered imaginary existence clashing with "reality". It ends up being a very light, strange, funny film...it's a great debut for director Aaron Woodley and great cast to support is as well...a beautiful film to watch.