Rise of the Planet of the Apes Reviews

• 3d ago

Awesome,funny and very tense

Awesome,funny and very tense

• Jan 28, 2020

This is one of the best reboot movies I can think of, It introduces us to new characters in an impactful and meaningful way, but you can still tell that it is expanding upon the original films. Andy Serkis delivers a subtly powerful performance with emotion that just seeps through his character, I felt so much for this Ape Caeser he played, then I would've ever thought possible, I was intrigued to see him learn about how the world works and his place in it, I am seriously still impressed with how they introduced and started the development of Caeser in this movie. James Franco has so much more potential than starring in raunchy comedies with Seth Rogen every single year, I had a connection with his character that I didn't expect to be there, I understood his clear motivations, but I also saw and felt his struggle as he tries to cure his father played by John Lithgow, who was also pretty dang good as well. David Oyelowo was very poised and uptight, but he also represented the whole greedy company aspect as well, but he wasn't a total jerk, I always loved his performance for some reason and thought that he played his part very well. Brian Cox and Tom Felton both played their limited roles very well and made this movie feel more important in some ways because these are two pretty famous actors. I feel like this movie has perfect pacing in it, it always has something going on that keeps you constantly engaged, and the emotional parts are not slow either, this film never drags, but it doesn't rush through anything, except maybe Caeser growing up, but that is a nitpick. I greatly enjoy this film, it has amazing acting, great pacing, a decent script, and the character of Caeser is greatly realized by Andy Serkis. This is a most welcome reboot for this franchise, and I can't wait to see it continue.

• Jan 13, 2020

My introduction to The Planet of the Apes, and it's my favorite one so far. Andy Serkis is perfect as Caesar, by bringing his emotions and expressions, you can really tell how he feels without even saying words. James Franco as Will Rodman is also my favorite performance.

• Jan 12, 2020

I didn't think that this movie was going to be good when I first heard of it because I heard the other Planet of the Apes movies were bad and I didn't see this one in theatres because I wasn't interested in this stuff when it came out. I didn't see this movie until War already came out. I gotta say this movie took me by surprise. Pros: I think that the CGI on Caesar is just great. I thought that watching Will raise Caesar wasn't gonna be interesting and that also took my surprise because Caesar was being raised like a human because an Alzheimer's cure made him smart. I like that the cure worked on Will's father. I could feel the emotion when Caesar was taken away from his family because he has been living with Will for 8 years and he was taken away because he was protecting Will's dad. The ape sanctuary was where I started to like the movie because right away I saw Tom Felton from Harry Potter. Tom's character was an unlikeable character because he wasn't very nice to the apes and seeing Caesar beat him up and learning how to talk was satisfying to see. I like Caesar's plan to escape the sanctuary because he needed the help of the other apes and none of them wanted to help him and they weren't very nice to him. The only one that was nice to him was an orangutang called Maurice and he didn't want to help because he thought that apes were stupid because of humans. It gets pretty awesome when Caesar finally escapes gets the help he needs. The fight scene on the bridge was pretty good and seeing the apes take over and a plague started to happen was a pretty good set up for the next movie. It was very emotional when Will and Caesar could meet in a spot that wasn't behind bars and Caesar deciding to leave and live in the forest with other apes and make a civilization left me excited to watch Dawn Planet of the Apes and also made me sad that Caesar left Will. I'm gonna give this movie an (A+)

• Jan 12, 2020

I saw the 1968 original a long time ago, and I remember thinking that it was a great sci-fi classic. And this 2011 reboot is actually terrific, and lives up to its legacy. It's very captivating and entertaining, featuring a good lead performance by James Franco, but the most likeable character in this movie is actually the CGI chimpanzee named Cesar. And speaking of CGI, the special effects in this movie are amazing. It's a science fiction flick which can be very dramatic and heart-touching, and unlike most summer blockbusters, this film isn't too long, it's actually fastly paced enough, which makes it even more enjoyable. Overall, a great achievement, one if the best movies of 2011, and I'm really looking forward to getting into its sequels. Recommended!!

• Jan 01, 2020

Rise Of The Planet Of The Apes is AWESOME!!!!!!! it introduces a very likable main character and is so crazy and fun!!!!!!.

• Dec 28, 2019

I prefer the originals over the new trilogy any day.

I prefer the originals over the new trilogy any day.

• Dec 09, 2019

Es la mejor película del mundo

Es la mejor película del mundo

• Dec 06, 2019

A great way of reviving a franchise, by introducing new ideas and well-crafted characters

• Dec 03, 2019

This movie is a must see. Full of action, fast paced, A+ character development. The complexity of Caesar and his growth is captivating, the film score is very suiting, and the hole movie taps in to your emotions very well.