Roja Reviews

• Nov 24, 2012

amazing movie.this film is a masterly crafted poem.celestial music.A.R.Rahman is a true musical alchemist.must watch.

• Nov 10, 2012

Ar.Rahman's first movie, his score and songs was excellent . Still today the songs was likely punched to all heart:):) Rahman is great:)

• Dec 11, 2010

• Aug 06, 2010

i wanted to watch it because i wanted to see all of mani ratnam's famous films. I don't think i was really into it because the film was shot in the early 90s and it didn't really grab me like Bombay or Dil Se did. Plus, the terrorists were extremely nice which is so stupid!

• Apr 05, 2009

Mani Ratnmas first attempt to cater hindi audience goes very well with his excellent masterpiece "Roja". Rahmans music is rope in this movie on which whole story walks with a very balanced position. Pankaj Kapoor has done great work. Madhu is just OK. Locations are damn' good in this movie especially "yeh haseen wadiyaan...."

• Oct 22, 2008

Very, very weak Ratnam. The pacing, normally a strong suit, felt forced, and a lot of the scenes were rather overdone. The first quarter of the film is the strongest; after that the characters feel increasingly flat and the tone degrades. There are hints of his personal style in it, but it's mostly pretty boilerplate. Worth watching if you're a Ratnam fan for completeness and to see his breakout work, but I can't otherwise recommend it.

• Oct 08, 2008

i used to be obsessed with this movie at one point of time. i think it's one of mani rathnam's best and rahman at his best as well!

• Aug 31, 2008

Interesting film Very sappy and super patriotic. Sometimes feels like watching a romance novel come to life

• Aug 28, 2008

Dell Computers has horrible customer service. It took me 12 hours of phone-time in order to get them to finally send out a dispatcher to fix my computer.

• Aug 24, 2008

This is an interesting insight to Indian culture regarding the Partition. It is pure propaganda, and is fairly bad all in all, but worth the watch on the sociological level. Not one I can recommend on a 'pleasure to watch' level, but one I can recommend on the interest in Indian culture level.