Rowdy Rathore Reviews

• Apr 25, 2016

The only reason this movie is so what good, is because of the average story.

The only reason this movie is so what good, is because of the average story.

• Jun 22, 2015

Entertaining stuff all through

Entertaining stuff all through

• Mar 08, 2014

Boring first half but a very very good second half.

Boring first half but a very very good second half.

• Jan 25, 2014

Just finished watching this film. It was entertaining. Worth viewing. Comedy and somewhat action. #Bollywood

• Dec 07, 2013

Better than anticipated. Must watch more Bollywood films.

Better than anticipated. Must watch more Bollywood films.

• Dec 04, 2013

Super funny in a quirky way.

Super funny in a quirky way.

• Jul 24, 2013

Kumar takes up the superhero cop role, adding a spin of mistaken identity and evil twin fun. Sonakshi Sinha is stunning, Kumar is funny and the choreography is excellent. The effects aren't great in parts, but for $7m it's impressive. "Ridiculous and undeniable, it's a punchy cartoon, rightly confident of its power to entertain. Why resist?" Directed by Benny Lava! Fans of Singham, Dabaang 1 and 2 should love this.

• Apr 07, 2013

one of the WORST movies I have ever seen.

one of the WORST movies I have ever seen.

• Jan 03, 2013

Rowdy Rathore â" Pfftttt Remaking a masterpiece is stupidity as people come up with lot of expectations and their own interpretations. But remaking a regional masala film in to Bollywood and not getting it right is idiotic. Funny part is the director hails from South and the film rakes in a decent moola. It either gets to show that everything masala ridden just sells or being idiotic is a rage. Plot: Shiva (Akshay Kumar) and 2G (Paresh Ganatra) are a petty thief duo on the streets of Mumbai. A girl from Patna, Paro (Sonakshi Sinha) catches his eye balls and Shiva, in turn, makes her fall for him through his usual gimmicks. A tricky theft attempt tags Shiva to a little girl called Chinki. At the same time a group of mustache bearing muscular men are on the hunt for Shiva and try to attack him in vain. Who is the girl? How is she related to Shiva? What is the other side of the coin? â" Answers to these questions take us through the life of Vikram Rathore (Akshay Kumar), Shivaâ(TM)s look alike, commercially culminating in to a comedy based revenge drama. All is well (looks like it). Analysis: The movie is a remake of super hit telugu film âVikramarkuduâ?. No huge changes have been made as part of the original story, script, screenplay and feel factor of the film. But still it falls flat in terms of entertainment. Akshay tries his best hand at comedy but is no match to his southern counterpart â" clearly gets to show how southern heroes can steal the show especially with comic relief. The side kick in the original film is a legendary actor and so there is no comparison whatsoever. Only main thing they could have got right and still failed miserably was the heroine. No mention is needed for all the other characters. Akshay Kumar looked old for the role and his performance in both the characters was downright mediocre. Sonakshi has nothing to offer and she was lot better in Dabaang. Nassar as the main antagonist is nothing less than being slapstick and goofy. There is no absolute need to mention about the music. Tail piece: I did not watch the whole movie but was bent upon writing this review just for the heck of it and for the first time in my life I am suffering from âwriterâ(TM)s blockâ?. So the film not only has anything to watch but also offers us nothing to scribble. I am happy for the producers that itâ(TM)s making lot of money.