Rue des Plaisirs Reviews

• Oct 27, 2017

Patrice Leconte is a marvelous French Fil maker but this movie isn't one of his best. Maybe the casting , maybe the scenario, the film isn't a full success but delivers on some levels such as the costume and the brothel itself have great appeal. Too bad the lead actress lack charisma, something probably due to her very young age. Still it's likable and easy to watch.

• May 22, 2012

I think I love french films now. What is happening to me. ahah, anyways, this was a movie with love that didn't put me off. I actually came to care for these characters and it is very heartfelt and beautiful to watch. The poster is also a bit missleading. The film is not sleazy, and it actually has a pretty nice story. Nothing groundbreaking but I did love it. Filmed in Germany and France, almost every shot of this film is beautiful to look at and not just cause of supermodel Laetita Casta as the lead lady here. Her eyes alone will draw one into this film.

• Sep 05, 2008

On peut difficilement faire plus ennuyeux !

On peut difficilement faire plus ennuyeux !

• Apr 20, 2008

A sweet, romantic and dream-like film about unconditional love and fate.. Though the cinematography and story remind me of 'Amélie' it can't really live up to the visual standards and sweetness of Jean-Pierre Jeunet's movie but it takes a few good steps in the direction.. The story is really nice and Laetitia Casta is convincing (though she shouldn't sing, in my opinion..) while Patrick Timsit is just perfect for his role.. Watch it!

• Feb 20, 2008

excellent movie with so much nice feelings about the people next to us

excellent movie with so much nice feelings about the people next to us

• May 02, 2006

Definitely not the best Leconte out there, asides from the cinematography, which was, i'll grant it, very good, this movie just didn't make me believe in the story or the characters... frankly, maybe i would have cut this movie more slack, if it hadn't been a Leconte, but like this,a two and a half stars rating is all it gets.