Rush - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Rush Reviews

April 29, 2017
One awesome adrenaline packed racing movie!! Chris Hemsworth delivered. Highly Recommended!!
April 3, 2017
Very interesting biography of racing! I enjoyed it!
March 27, 2017
Ron Howard does his best work when adapting real stories and Rush is the best thing he's done since Frost/Nixon. The chemistry between the character is as electric as the race sequences, which are, themselves, the best in film history. You are with Hunt or Lauda in the driver's seat, and when Lauda burns you burn with him.
March 18, 2017
This was a really good movie! It had a great message. It was a little crude and had a lot of sex and drugs but it was a good movie.
March 12, 2017
Quite a thrilling and intense ride. Interesting story of a great and relentless rivalry. Niki Laura had a kind and positive attitude and view of their friendship.
½ March 9, 2017
I suppose the driving scenes are good enough for Hollywood, and the story is a great (and true) one, but not as thrilling as actually driving or watching a race.
March 9, 2017
Probably the best racing movie I've seen. Rush is a well-made sports movie with adrenaline filled racing scenes and solid performances from its two leads Chris Hemsworth and Daniel Bruhl.
½ March 2, 2017
That was a surprisingly good film. I expected a border-line documentary sloppy low-budget mess. Needless to say I was VERY (pleasantly) surprised by the movie. The acting is top-notch, the directing is great. The pacing is good and so is script. An incredible movie.
February 23, 2017
Rush is exhilarating, gripping, emotional and inspirational, and these are just a few adjectives to describe it. The performances by Chris Hemsworth and Daniel Bruhl were fantastic. Chris Hemsworth should perform in more of these roles rather than sticking with Thor. Throughout this movie, Chris Hemsworth was James Hunt, and not at a single moment did I think that he was Thor. This shows the potential in his acting. Ron Howard knows exactly what he is doing, and Rush deserves more attention than it is getting. Ron Howard's directing skills deserve to be noticed because this was a genuinely thrilling film. This rivalry is wildly stimulating and definitely keeps you on your toes. From the cars to the conversations, it all wraps up together to present a wonderful gift of a movie. This movie was a true joy to watch and was better than I had anticipated. That says something because honestly, I came into this movie some high expectations.
½ January 16, 2017
More about Hunt then Lauda, which I would have loved to see more of Lauda but Chris Hemsworth will do ;)
January 11, 2017
It was really great to see this story brought to life as I remember these racing legends from their time period
½ January 5, 2017
Incredibly directed by Ron Howard. I know very little about F1 but was still able to understand and be entertained. Chris Hemsworth and Daniel Brà 1/4el play off each other fantastically to create some amazing drama. Everyone should definitely check this one out.
½ January 2, 2017
Great movie. Though it moves a little slow in moments and has a hard time deciding who's the lead protagonist, it's very much redeemed by stylish direction, well-executed race sequences and great performances from its leads.
December 30, 2016
The script may not offer many surprises especially for those that are familiar with the story, but overall the film is very well-made. The performances are perfect and very well done. The racing scenes are shot very well with a lot of emotion and intensity. Plus the movie is a good character study. Fans of formula 1 racing and non fans alike should enjoy this film.
½ December 19, 2016
In the heat of the moment.
½ October 22, 2016
4,5/5 Ratings for Rush
F: 80%
R: 20%
Sport 50% Drama 25% Romance 25%
½ October 16, 2016
A great biopic about formula 1 rivals James Hunt and Niki Lauda. The direction is great, specially in the race scenes, which keep you at the edge of your seat, the performances by Brühl and Hemsworth are amazing, and the score by Hans Zimmer is also really good. A great movie overall.
½ October 10, 2016
This racing drama works at high levels of adrenaline, telling one of the most fierce battles in the history of Formula 1.
The cast is accurately chosen, which means characters are incredibly realistic, thing that makes this movie a must watch for Formula 1 enthusiasts and fans of the genere.
September 27, 2016
Good true life movie. Good acting, moving and profound.
August 31, 2016
exhilarating race with intensified score by hans zimmer