Rush Hour - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Rush Hour Reviews

July 24, 2017
love the action and its funny great movie
July 16, 2017
May be a familiar premise, but the unpredictable and humor filled chemistry between Jackie Chan and Chris Tucker works too well to notice.
½ July 3, 2017
The first and indeed best of the Rush Hour movies before the comedy became too forced and exagerated and Chris Tucker's dialogue became too loose and improvisational. This one really is the Jewel of the series.
½ June 28, 2017
Extremely hilarious and fun. Tucker and Chan are great together and it was good to see them on screen. A little weird at times, but very good.
½ June 15, 2017
Pretty good ok funny buddy cop duo movie starring Jackie Chan and Chris Tucker. The jokes in this movie are hilarious and Chris Tucker , his voice makes this movie 10 times better. The story is ok, not interesting because it's 2 cops who are trying to save a little girl. Jackie Chan was ok, he didn't bring anything to the table. Mostly, Chris Tucker held the entire movie with his jokes and without him this movie would be terrible. In the end, I would watch this movie again with someone who's never seen it before but besides that, I would never see it again.
May 25, 2017
Some what funny but not my favorite to old fashioned for me to watch
May 10, 2017
Out of all the buddy cop movies I have ever seen, this one is one of my favorite. Chris Tucker is being his funny self as usual, Jackie Chan is action packed as always, and what is this good for? Absolutely everything.
April 14, 2017
Cool action, funny comedy, and great chemistry makes a fun time
March 20, 2017
Very funny and cool, good entry to the buddy cop franchises.
½ March 16, 2017
Jackie Chan and Chris Tucker make this film a blast from the past in the 90s
March 13, 2017
Funny film watched it when I was small
½ February 22, 2017
"Rush Hour" might be quite unoriginal in both its plot and its characters, but the great thing is that it doesn't matter. And that's because here is a prime example of a buddy-cop movie done right: fast-paced, action-packed and funny as hell. Jackie Chan and Chris Tucker make for an excellent on-screen partnership: they are very enjoyable on their own and on fire whenever they appear together. "Rush Hour" hits its targets with admirable ease.
February 19, 2017
I like Ebert and Roeper, but they gave this two thumbs down. Personally I really lked this movie. There could have been a better combination of comedy and action to me, but overall it's good enough.
December 16, 2016
Still one of my favorite Jackie Chan movies ever
December 12, 2016
This is pure guilty-pleasure entertainment. Yes it is cheesy and predictable, but it is also fun and entertaining. Jackie Chan and Chris Tucker have great chemistry and it was fun watching it again. Definitely the best film in the trilogy.
½ December 10, 2016
12/10/2016: A pretty good buddy cop movie. Some good action and comedy throughout.
½ September 5, 2016
An old film, but a modern classic. I don't think I will ever get bored of this film.
½ August 31, 2016
The movie's character development of Soo Yung, the film's damsel-in-distress and main point of conflict, is entirely flat and monotonic which makes it acidic towards the script quality of a movie relying on such a character to build up plot. However, Lee and Carter are dynamic in going from enemies to desperate partners getting outmanned by several evil kung-fu or gun masters, making Rush Hour decent to watch even if martial arts isn't a perfect topic for a law enforcement-oriented movie nor is an additional subplot for explosives and bombs just for kicks.
August 14, 2016
A classic amongst buddy-cop flicks, that deserves everyone's attention.
August 7, 2016
It's not that funny, the jokes are tired and overall it's a boring movie.