Rush Hour - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Rush Hour Reviews

April 14, 2017
Cool action, funny comedy, and great chemistry makes a fun time
March 20, 2017
Very funny and cool, good entry to the buddy cop franchises.
½ March 16, 2017
Jackie Chan and Chris Tucker make this film a blast from the past in the 90s
March 13, 2017
Funny film watched it when I was small
½ February 22, 2017
"Rush Hour" might be quite unoriginal in both its plot and its characters, but the great thing is that it doesn't matter. And that's because here is a prime example of a buddy-cop movie done right: fast-paced, action-packed and funny as hell. Jackie Chan and Chris Tucker make for an excellent on-screen partnership: they are very enjoyable on their own and on fire whenever they appear together. "Rush Hour" hits its targets with admirable ease.
February 19, 2017
I like Ebert and Roeper, but they gave this two thumbs down. Personally I really lked this movie. There could have been a better combination of comedy and action to me, but overall it's good enough.
December 16, 2016
Still one of my favorite Jackie Chan movies ever
December 12, 2016
This is pure guilty-pleasure entertainment. Yes it is cheesy and predictable, but it is also fun and entertaining. Jackie Chan and Chris Tucker have great chemistry and it was fun watching it again. Definitely the best film in the trilogy.
½ December 10, 2016
12/10/2016: A pretty good buddy cop movie. Some good action and comedy throughout.
½ September 5, 2016
An old film, but a modern classic. I don't think I will ever get bored of this film.
½ August 31, 2016
The movie's character development of Soo Yung, the film's damsel-in-distress and main point of conflict, is entirely flat and monotonic which makes it acidic towards the script quality of a movie relying on such a character to build up plot. However, Lee and Carter are dynamic in going from enemies to desperate partners getting outmanned by several evil kung-fu or gun masters, making Rush Hour decent to watch even if martial arts isn't a perfect topic for a law enforcement-oriented movie nor is an additional subplot for explosives and bombs just for kicks.
August 14, 2016
A classic amongst buddy-cop flicks, that deserves everyone's attention.
August 7, 2016
It's not that funny, the jokes are tired and overall it's a boring movie.
jamrcla
½ July 30, 2016
A buddy comedy film that has been done so many times before but the miss match cops work well together on set, We have Jackie Chan with the great action scenes and Chris Tucker for the comedy they make the old script work well that's funny and entertaining and worth watching.
½ July 19, 2016
A nice blend of comedy and action. Jackie Chan and Chris Tucker couldn't have been more perfectly cast.
July 19, 2016
Very good. Funny and a lot of action. I would watch this one again.

And again
July 12, 2016
Chris Tucker and Jackie Chan kick ass in this film!
July 5, 2016
This movie is HILARIOUS. Chris Tucker and Jackie Chan are the perfect duo, and this is clearly shown through their excellent acting! If you want to laugh for 1 and a half hours straight, then watch this movie!
July 4, 2016
Jackie Chan and Chris Tucker are simply wonderful together! One great definition of an action buddy comedy, which allot of films these days try to replicate, but unfortunately, don't succeed at like this one does.