Rush Hour 2 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Rush Hour 2 Reviews

July 16, 2017
Maybe not as good as the first Rush Hour, but still funny and sweet.
July 4, 2017
A slick and entertaining action comedy that manages to charm you right through to it's wonderfully silly but fitting finale. A little contrived in its plotting and some scenes seem underdeveloped in the dialogue department, however on the whole it all works.
June 15, 2017
Funny rush hour sequel starring Chris Tucker and Jackie Chan. Now that these two characters have great chemistry and trust each other Moore and I've grown attached to them. I thought in my own opinion that this movie is way better than the first because of better jokes in this movie and just the characters and their buddy cop duo and it feels that the actors portraying these characters are having a better time than the first movie because they know each other and know how to play these characters. I really enjoy that aspect of a movie, any movie and I think they nailed it times two. Can't wait for rush hour 3.
½ June 14, 2017
Has the same plot points as its predecessor, but "Rush Hour 2" doesn't offer enough laughs or character development to keep us interested throughout this non-stop action fest. Jackie Chan and Chris Tucker once again shine in their respective roles as Inspector Lee and Carter, but sadly their characters didn't have enough time to develop or to work around in their new environment. Their goals are artificial and bland and their interactions with one another seem forced and predictable. Every scene is like an SNL moment, except the jokes kept being the same ones over and over again rather than showing off new ones. Hell, I felt bored watching Jackie fight. Director Brett Ratner and screenwriter Jeff Nathanson failed to live up to the talent that they had the pleasure to work with.
April 14, 2017
I don't know if it's better than the first but it is definitely a solid sequel.
½ April 3, 2017
Somewhat funny. Rock and Chan are appealing actors. Set in Hong Kong this time. Certainly nothing new in the cop-buddy genre.
March 20, 2017
Great effects and funny all the way through.
March 13, 2017
Great sequel job well done
February 23, 2017
"Rush Hour 2" follows on the steps of its predecessor, with more of the same: funny dialogues, good action and an awesome screen couple. Jackie Chan and Chris Tucker's chemistry probably is the best thing about this franchise and, even if this sequel isn't as essential as the first film, it isn't far behind either.
February 19, 2017
I liked it better than the first, but not by half a star.
½ January 1, 2017
The first movie was better than this
December 12, 2016
The 2nd film in the trilogy isn't as good as the first, but it is elevated by the presence of Zhang Ziyi who is a lot of fun in this one. I also enjoyed Roselyn Sanchez in this one. Worth a watch.
½ October 16, 2016
classic comedy with so many funny moments. chris tucker was hilarious and jackie chan is hilarious and a BEAST (about 5 viewings)
September 12, 2016
This one is almost as good as part 1 but not quite...anyway, it's still a very good and a very funny movie. I never get bored of watching any of the Rush Hour movies!
September 10, 2016
It was still fun, but a few of gags here and there keep this from being awesome.
August 16, 2016
The People's Champ of Action Comedy films.
August 13, 2016
Best movie I have seen
jamrcla
July 30, 2016
More action, More comedy same old story but Chan and Tucker are great together and do well with a story that's been done so many times.
½ July 19, 2016
As always it doesn't improve upon it's predecessor but it's still a hell of a good time.
July 12, 2016
Chris Tucker and Jackie Chan have done it again!