Safe House - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Safe House Reviews

July 26, 2017
Watched it several times ....it's still a good solid action movie ?? great cast, awesome stunts and fights .... I it's my fav genre I love the movie ??????
½ July 7, 2017
WHAT I LIKED: At the core of 'Safe House' is actually one of the best spy/action storylines I've ever seen as it effectively takes an outsider right into the thick of the action so that the audience are truly scooped up and given a new angle to take. This not only allows for great opportunities to build tension though; it also allows the film to become, in some places, a rather neat commentary on espionage itself. Couple that with a brilliant cast (Denzel Washington and Ryan Reynolds both excel here) and what you end up with is a lot of ingredients that often work to deliver an engaging and occasionally intelligent spy/action flick.
WHAT I DIDN'T LIKE: Sadly what stops it from becoming anything more than that is its execution, as 'Safe House' looses its grip on much of the tension and excitement as its script starts to struggle with its light themes and increasingly heavy story, and the editing of the action sequences seems miles away from the slick stuff audiences are so accustomed too by now.
VERDICT: 'Safe House,' is a film with an awful lot of potential, and whilst the execution lets things down, it's still undoubtedly an engaging and occasionally exciting movie.
June 18, 2017
Existem filmes de ação que tentam envolver o público com enredos e personagens bem desenvolvidos, e há filmes de ação onde os cineastas injetam muitas cenas de perseguição, tiroteios e lutas tentando torná-los tão barulhento quanto puderem, na esperança de criar alguma adrenalina no público . Safe House Torna-se um excelente exemplo de que não importa quantas perseguições e outras sequências de ação que possam haver na trama, eles não podem substituir elementos importantes como criatividade.
June 10, 2017
Kinda muddled but watchable.. cant remember anything about it.
May 28, 2017
Enjoyed the short flashes of good acting from Ryan and Denzel. Action was mundane. Story line was fairly predictable. Had potential to be much better than it was.
May 13, 2017
Not a bad plot but The Equalizer was way better!
½ March 26, 2017
Great movie in this genre. Moves at a great pace. No surprises special or awful.
March 5, 2017
Vero good action film....together with a bunch of Crispino potatoes and a cool beer looks gorgeus!??
January 19, 2017
One of Denzel Washington's biggest box office successes. Blood and guts for those who love spy thrillers, but to this viewer it was a string of Cape Town action sequences without enough holding the plot together.
January 3, 2017
It's good movie to watch
½ December 13, 2016
Decent if typical Hollywood action thriller with by now obligatory rah-rah underpinnings. By the numbers. Picked out the surprise twist ending bad guy in under 2 minutes. The cast simply needs to show up and be charming, and this much they manage. There's no real teeth here though.
December 3, 2016
I love the entire cast but the film itself could have been better. 5 stars for Denzel, Brendan, Liam, and Ryan!
November 23, 2016
Good story, some twists. Decent acting, good fight scenes.
½ November 7, 2016
Humdrum Bourne knockoff.
½ October 25, 2016
Washington and Reynolds play well off each other in this action thriller that has many unbelievable situations, including these two opposite characters ending up working together. Be that as it may, the action grabs hold and never lets up. I saw the "mole" from a mile away - first time I saw the character actually. The action and sheer star power of the two leads made it more than merely watchable for me.
October 16, 2016
Tue story is simple but well shown, actors Ryan and Denzel rae making a good job. Much action and suspence strike the director's gol of entertainment. Only 1 disadvantage, cameras film the scenes too much histerically sometimes, not nausea effect but close
September 30, 2016
Didn't expect too much hence not too disappointed. An ok movie to watch at home with no major surprises. The pace does keep you watching it though.
August 4, 2016
A great cat-and-mouse thriller with two terrific leads who have great chemistry. It also has one of the grittiest and most convincing fist fights I've ever seen.

That being said, it's still forgettable. You get this feeling as you're watching it that you've seen this movie before, and chances are you have. Still, it's a fun watch.
August 3, 2016
Denzel is always great and Ryan Reynolds seems to get better with age, but who the hell edited this mess? It was almost irritating to watch especially with the grainy to clear picture quality. Although it was a worn out script if they hadn't edited with a Lawn Mower it would have been passable.
July 23, 2016
Up and down.. Down just edges it too unfortunately given the good ensemble cast.