Safe House - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Safe House Reviews

March 5, 2017
Vero good action film....together with a bunch of Crispino potatoes and a cool beer looks gorgeus!??
January 19, 2017
One of Denzel Washington's biggest box office successes. Blood and guts for those who love spy thrillers, but to this viewer it was a string of Cape Town action sequences without enough holding the plot together.
January 3, 2017
It's good movie to watch
½ December 13, 2016
Decent if typical Hollywood action thriller with by now obligatory rah-rah underpinnings. By the numbers. Picked out the surprise twist ending bad guy in under 2 minutes. The cast simply needs to show up and be charming, and this much they manage. There's no real teeth here though.
December 3, 2016
I love the entire cast but the film itself could have been better. 5 stars for Denzel, Brendan, Liam, and Ryan!
November 23, 2016
Good story, some twists. Decent acting, good fight scenes.
½ November 7, 2016
Humdrum Bourne knockoff.
½ October 25, 2016
Washington and Reynolds play well off each other in this action thriller that has many unbelievable situations, including these two opposite characters ending up working together. Be that as it may, the action grabs hold and never lets up. I saw the "mole" from a mile away - first time I saw the character actually. The action and sheer star power of the two leads made it more than merely watchable for me.
October 16, 2016
Tue story is simple but well shown, actors Ryan and Denzel rae making a good job. Much action and suspence strike the director's gol of entertainment. Only 1 disadvantage, cameras film the scenes too much histerically sometimes, not nausea effect but close
September 30, 2016
Didn't expect too much hence not too disappointed. An ok movie to watch at home with no major surprises. The pace does keep you watching it though.
August 4, 2016
A great cat-and-mouse thriller with two terrific leads who have great chemistry. It also has one of the grittiest and most convincing fist fights I've ever seen.

That being said, it's still forgettable. You get this feeling as you're watching it that you've seen this movie before, and chances are you have. Still, it's a fun watch.
August 3, 2016
Denzel is always great and Ryan Reynolds seems to get better with age, but who the hell edited this mess? It was almost irritating to watch especially with the grainy to clear picture quality. Although it was a worn out script if they hadn't edited with a Lawn Mower it would have been passable.
July 23, 2016
Up and down.. Down just edges it too unfortunately given the good ensemble cast.
July 9, 2016
Action packed with a twist. I plan to watch it again. Denzel and Reynolds do an outstanding job. I was exhausted after viewing it.. Very entertaining.
June 18, 2016
Thought this was awesome, relentless action throughout, story was intriguing enough, fan of the Bourne Series and the style of this was similar.
½ February 18, 2016
Safe House is just loud and lacking in plot.
jamrcla
January 30, 2016
A very under appreciated film that yes the script could of been abit better but Denzel Washington and Ryan Reynolds performance and pretty good action scenes make up for it, The story was good but kind of a missed opportunity, But still a good action thriller.
January 26, 2016
Safe House is very slick and well directed and can boast being the only Ryan Reynolds film I've seen and liked so far. Story-wise, there ain't nothing new here but it passed the time suitably on my 12 hour flight home from Thailand. Looking forward to seeing more from Daniel Espinosa.
December 19, 2015
Not too shabby. Not fantastic. But the vibes are decent. Ryan Reynolds and Denzel Washington are a great duo and put on fantastic performances
½ December 17, 2015
Instead of Denzel Washington, it is Ryan Reynolds whom you will remember. That's because he got the juicier role: Lots of inner conflicts, fear and questions in his head. His life has an upside down change too. The hand to hand combat is delicious to watch. All the hand held camera takes are a distraction and adds nothing to the movie experience. The plot can best be considered as passable because you really have to be sleeping if you have not guessed the outcome.