Save The Date - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Save The Date Reviews

November 29, 2016
I really wanted to like this movie. I waited and waited for something to happen and just when it seemed like it was about to get interesting, the movie ended. What a waste of a great cast.
½ October 7, 2016
The ending was so abrupt, I felt cheated...
½ September 11, 2016
This movie was much ado about not that much, sort of a slick student film with too much zooming at times (tho' nicely shot). However, there's something totally watchable about Lizzy (for a guy), and that's the case here. What man reaching age 35 hasn't encountered her character type ultimately to pain & regret. Toward the end the film began to take on the elements of a story with some story elements, if that can be deciphered. But the guys all seemed like such wushnikovs around these two gals (sisters)! Some have called this a rom-com. Mmmm, rom without much com.
October 11, 2015
Funny for the first half hour. Entertaining enough for the second half hour. The last half hour gets a little too serious and also dull and formulaic.
½ September 6, 2015
wow... both women are definitely related because both are incredibly self-centered & selfish. thinking of nothing but themselves. it's "me, me, me" and no one else.
August 12, 2015
Between a 5/10 and 6/10, Lizzy Caplan and Alison Brie lend the lightweight rom-com "Save the Date" more than its fair share of watchability. But the film is never truly interesting.
½ July 14, 2015
Don't really understand the bad reviews to this film. It's super realistic.
½ May 11, 2015
Good to see Lizzy Caplan getting a starring role....shame it's wasted on this average Indiewood fare.
March 9, 2015
Humorous and insightful, "Save The Date" works because of witty writing and top-notch performances from comedic stars Lizzy Caplan and Alison Brie.
March 6, 2015
I love the inde-rom-coms of late, and am not afraid to say it. Exactly what I hoped it would be.
½ March 5, 2015
Not a bad movie about taking it slow in relationships and making the right decisions.
February 22, 2015
yep.this was just as mediocre as it sounds...yeah yeah yeah,cast was decent: Alison Brie,Lizzy Caplan,Martin Starr,Mark Webber and that dude that's married to Christina Hendricks...pretty much Indietopia...or Indiegasm whatever you wanna call it,they are all hipstertastic,but the problem in the end is the plot.trying to make things unpredictable doesn't mean it will make them interesting...weak.very weak.
February 21, 2015
There wasn't one likable character in this movie. Dragged on and on.
November 13, 2014
Nothing of value here
½ November 4, 2014
Decent story with interesting characters and great performances by the two leading females.
October 27, 2014
nothing really there to keep me interested, but I always love Alison Brie, she's so great.
October 26, 2014
I like to see casting that is not your run of the mill and this movie provides that. Lizzie was awesome and so were Brie and Webber. Sue Webber didn't blow you over but he was cool. Ignore the hypercritical pro reviewers.
September 21, 2014
Warning;
Rape culture
Abortion

Mildly cute but mostly just waiting for it to get good. Good chemistry.
½ September 20, 2014
I don't get why the critics kill it. I think this movie is fairly honest and human, some characters could be annoying, but... isn't there people in real life that are annoying too?