Saving Private Ryan - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Saving Private Ryan Reviews

July 22, 2017
it is an spectacular movie,with awesome action scenes and a very deep feeling about war
July 21, 2017
Bloody, violent, grim, bloody, sad, and bloody; bloody brilliant that is.
July 17, 2017
Nothing captures true war than Saving Private Ryan
July 17, 2017
One of my all time favorite movies. Almost 20 years later and it still is fantastic
½ July 11, 2017
Best war epic film to date
July 9, 2017
Thhe best movie ever based on World War II
½ July 8, 2017
an excellent film but i dont agree with its consistent standings as one of the greatest films ever made and the best war movie ever made.
probably just about top 10.
i personally prefer enemy at the gates.
i also find the story a bit pointless and dissapointing.i know thats obviously not the case for there mum but you find yourself asking why and you never really get an answer through watching the film.
although this film does probably depict dday on the beaches of normandy better than anything else youve ever seen.
July 6, 2017
this is the best war movie I have ever seen!!!!
½ July 4, 2017
The opening scene of the soldiers landing on Omaha Beach on D Day is amazing.
June 25, 2017
Just watched this again, such an epic movie!!
½ June 25, 2017
Hands down best war film ever made. It shows the brutality and horrors of war perfectly.
June 24, 2017
Not only is the opening scene one of the greatest action scenes ever filmed, Saving Private Ryan poses an interesting question: 'When is one life more important than the other?'
½ June 18, 2017
The first 20 minutes is a riveting show of the battle on Omaha beach. Tom Hanks is excellent during the entire movie as are most of the cast. The problem is everything happens to this platoon. The movie becomes an unbelievable story. The directing can be heavy handed - the little girl in danger, the scared novice, the fight in the platoon and so forth. It's a cinematic movie that uses realism such as hand held camera work to pretend to be a documentary when it's no more realistic than a John Wayne war movie.
June 7, 2017
I really like this show, but it feels a little long.
June 4, 2017
Beautiful film, one of Spielberg's best. emotionally and visionally stunning
½ June 1, 2017
I used to say that I didn't like war movies, and when my husband wanted to watch Saving Private Ryan on Memorial Day I was reluctant to agree, especially after seeing that it's close to 3 hours long. I was so wrong about this movie. I ugly-cried through about half of it, and the comedic moments were perfectly timed and made the characters very personable. It's a fantastic movie and I will definitely watch it again.
May 23, 2017
A few more disembowlments then I would prefer, but what the hell.
May 16, 2017
i loved this movie! in the begining it was about d day it was really cool but sad when i watch this i thoght about all the soilders that gave up there lives to give US freedom
½ May 13, 2017
Perhaps the most violent, savage and sadistic depiction of one of bloodiest battles of World War II, the D-Day of the Normandy Invasion in France is recreated in this movie, as the mission to recover the last of 4 brothers takes place. It is a story of deep sorrow and loss, but of great bravery. Winner of 5 Academy Awards from 11 nominations and Baftas and Golden Globes and many more.
It certainly highlights the fact that WAR is an awful nasty business that shouldn't exist.
May 3, 2017
A good war film that adds in history of the Normandy landings with a Hollywood storyline that you wanna root for.