Saving Private Ryan - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Saving Private Ryan Reviews

September 20, 2017
A movie imbued with such authentic realism. Saving Private Ryan is a pioneering war classic. It is bewtiching as to how Spielberg creates these prolonged realistically graphic sequences of combat. The first 25-minute war battle is so convincing and blistering, that it doesn't give the viewers the time to fathom the deep-dyed, macabre series of carnage. The movie follows Normandy Landings, a band of U.S soldiers go behind enemy lines to fetch a paratrooper whose brothers have been killed in a blitz. Tom Hanks once again gives a concrete performance of an actor, so did Matt Damon and others. Me personally, this is my favourite war movie precursor to Hacksaw Ridge, Braveheart and Downfall.
September 18, 2017
Saving private Ryan is the best war movie ever. I give it to A+.
September 11, 2017
literally one of the greatest movies ever made.
½ September 9, 2017
Ok war movie, just not for me,i didn't care for the characters.
August 28, 2017
Yikes! Guardian will be required! Uh...idk about this...rated R...
Beautiful music though. John Williams is AMAZING!
August 28, 2017
My favorite War/WWII movie and one of Steven Spielberg's best movies of his career! Saving Private Ryan really shows how rough war is and what it does to the soldiers who fight in it. Tom Hanks does great with the role and was a good choice for it. The story is very good and really reflects a lot of how Steven Spielberg is one of the best directors we know!
½ August 20, 2017
tom hanks
and steven spielberg <3
August 18, 2017
I Really Like The Opening 25-Minute D-Day Sequence.
August 18, 2017
The best war film I have ever seen.....
August 11, 2017
Saving Private Ryan has taught a lot about how awful war is. Director Steven Spielberg, did a phenomenal job on portraying how gruesome and violent war is. Especially in the opening scene when the American troops are occupying Omaha Beach on D Day. The D Day scene of the movie was very surreal and it felt like as if the audience was in the battle. With artillery shells going off, machine gun bullets whizzing by, and seeing all the violence go on, it just seemed like a really scary but accurate portrayal of D Day. Many Allied troops died on D Day, yet it was the turning point of the war.Overall director Steven Spielberg did a wonderful job on creating this film. The movie covered on all points of how war can be so horrible. War is not only horrible because of mass casualties, but it is also horrible because of our own connections and feelings. Throughout this movie I felt like I built some type of emotional connection to each of the characters, and seeing the tragic events unfold made me realize that war is not only bad because of killing, it is also awful because we lose people that can mean something to us. With that being said, many young men, just getting out of high school were being sent to fight this war, but behind each and every one of them, there's someone who cares and loves them, like a family. Which is exactly the story behind Private Ryan, he was the last of the brothers in the family.

In the movie, all of the Ryan brothers die except for Private Ryan. He was the last man alive in the family to carry on the name. The main focus of the movie jumps right into action after the D Day scene when eight American troops are assigned to save Private Ryan, the last of the four brothers alive in the family, and bring him home. Many challenges are yet to be seen on these soldiers' journey to find this young man, and in the unfortunate fate of war, some of the soldiers will die on their way to find the Private. Throughout the whole movie, and even up to finding Private Ryan, we see a series of unfortunate events unfold, and once the group of men find Private Ryan, the plot becomes even more climatic, as the German forces close in om the American troops.

Saving Private Ryan was one of those movies that I could connect with so well, it tells a unique story and shows us all that war is awful. In fact, many people avoided watching this movie due to all of the gore and violence that was shown. It also taught me as an individual to appreciate our vets more, because without them our country wouldn't be where it is today. Steven Spielberg did such a fantastic job on covering the aspects of war, and as well as focusing on the plot of the movie
August 5, 2017
Saving Private Ryan may be flawed, but it's still a suitable showcase for the combined talents of Tom Hanks and Steven Spielberg.
August 1, 2017
This movie definitely deserves an A+. This is for sure the best war movie of all time. Tom Hanks makes such an amazing performance. Quite disturbing, but it's magnificent. Matt Damon is such a great actor. Edward Burns is terrific. And Tom Sizemore is great at playing a Sergeant. This movie is one of the best.
July 30, 2017
Probably the greatest war movie of all time. Tom Hanks plays his role perfectly and his chemistry with the rest of the cast could not have been better. Steven Spielbergs telling of a D-Day story is tense, frighteningly realistic and moving all at the same time.
½ July 27, 2017
Perhaps the greatest the genre has every offered!
July 22, 2017
it is an spectacular movie,with awesome action scenes and a very deep feeling about war
July 21, 2017
Bloody, violent, grim, bloody, sad, and bloody; bloody brilliant that is.
July 17, 2017
Nothing captures true war than Saving Private Ryan
July 17, 2017
One of my all time favorite movies. Almost 20 years later and it still is fantastic
½ July 11, 2017
Best war epic film to date
July 9, 2017