Saving Private Ryan - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Saving Private Ryan Reviews

March 10, 2018
This movie definitely deserves an A+. This is for sure the best war movie of all time. Tom Hanks makes such an amazing performance. Really disturbing movie, but it's magnificent. Matt Damon is such a great actor. Edward Burns is terrific. And Tom Sizemore is great at playing an Army Sergeant. This movie is one of the best.
February 25, 2018
War Movie.

...nothing else to add here.
½ February 24, 2018
1001 movies to see before you die.
½ February 17, 2018
Such a good WW2 movie. Disturbing but beautiful as well. The opening battle at Omaha beach was truely very intense. Intense movie that might be hard to watch for some viewers but it is such a good movie and I highly highly recommend it if you haven't already seen it.
½ February 16, 2018
From the opening sequence it is very easy to tell what you are going to get in this movie: a brutally realistic World War II story that spares the viewer from absolutely nothing. What follows is a action filled tale of men making the ultimate sacrifice to carry out their orders to find just 1 man. A great reminder of what our elders were asked to do in order to preserve and protect freedom, and that we should not squander what we have today because of their sacrifice.
February 13, 2018
Spielberg's Saving Private Ryan delivers a riveting and tearful performance. Though the film has a historically fictional story, it presents one of the most realistic accounts of WWII.
February 13, 2018
A movie that captured the truth of the fighting so well of WWII that those who had experienced it got sick, and some walked out during the movie because it hit so close. Not for the faint of heart in any way.
½ February 12, 2018
One of the greatest movies of WW II, ever. Some of my personal high points include getting to watch Vin Diesel's annoying, meat head character get shot and killed. Goofs: In all the cemetery scenes there is at least one Star of David marker. In reality there are hardly any Jewish markers to be seen at the Normandy grave site.
February 10, 2018
The best war film I have ever seen .
½ February 4, 2018
SAVING PRIVATE RYAN is like no other war film ever made. Technically, no other war film other than APOCALYPSE NOW gets even close to it. This is a film so realistic that the images displayed of the first and last 30 minutes of this film were staggering in the way they are staged and filmed. Spielberg and his cinematographer Janusz Kaminski, sound designer Gary Rydstrom, his ensemble cast led by Tom Hanks, Robert Rodat's script and everyone else invloved have created the ultimate portrait as war being hell on earth and trying to find decency in such desperate circumstances.
January 30, 2018
A very realistic and strong story.
January 20, 2018
The pure sheer horror it must have been to land on that beach and all of a sudden realize that everyone around you was dying and that your life is probably next. That beginning scene man. Probably the most intense beginning to any movie I've seen. Seeing that blood-stained shore was awful. Wonderful surprise to Bryan Cranston's face. Makes me want to watch Breaking Bad now.

Seeing how quickly the U.S. military overtook the shores of Omaha was surprising with all their naval fleets and blimps. This movie plays out almost like a video game I've played, several. Tom Hanks always plays wonderful characters.

Matt Damon's teeth are too damn white in this movie. The set locations are amazing, you feel like your really there. This movie is a true war movie because you get the feeling that at any time anyone can die. Especially with the way it was filmed. I love the use of hand held camerawork in this movie. You get the feeling your really there.

That kid who was a coward who couldn't save his army buddy really pissed me off. Might as well die in the war if your going to be a pussy. It's movies like these that really make me hate war. The things people have to go through the hell they have to witness. Seeing there fellow brother die or watching a human burn alive or be blown to smithereens. It fucks a person up emotionally, physically, and spiritually. I wish wars never existed. But thankfully, were at a point now where wars have decreased and we're seeing less violence. Let's hope it stays that way.

Overall, this movie is a testimony in showing that wars are useless and viscous. They can break a man down, kill him, or even scar him for the rest of his life. Once a person goes to war, it never leaves them even after the war. War never changes is a powerful phrase that rings true with this movie. Brilliant acting by the way.
January 11, 2018
Sure the story is pure Hollywood but it lets you evaluate the truth for yourself. Is one life worth so many others? Circumstance ended so many lives. Have you earned your cush existence?
January 5, 2018
A classic war film balancing drama, tension, and violence perfectly.
December 30, 2017
Excellent cinematography, which nothing less is expected from a spielberg film. Good story and the acting is great. Difficult at moments to watch the violence, but it's a war movie.
December 29, 2017
Spielberg demands that we respect an honest representation of a hellish war and then saves the day with a Hollywood ending. I can't tell if this is an anti-war movie, therefore it does not have my admiration.
December 27, 2017
A movie that makes you scream "holy shit" over and over after you've seen it will come around very rarely. This is one of them.
December 25, 2017

[Steven Spielberg]
December 18, 2017
Puntaje Original: 7.5

Una obra maestra que catapulta a su director Steven Spielberg como uno de los mejores cineastas de todos los tiempos.
December 16, 2017
By far the best war movie ever created in the history of ptsd