Saw V - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Saw V Reviews

October 25, 2016
Oh wow! More hilarious blood and guts in a circus of death!
October 24, 2016
Probably the worst Saw movie!
September 20, 2016
Hated this. And that is after enjoying the others. The fifth installment in the Saw series fell COMPLETELY flat for me. IT was more or less a clip show of the past four movies retelling the story as if you just jumped into the series. This slowed it down significantly. It was an hour into the movie before we were even introduced to the test. Therefore, I was not invested in the character and did not care what happened to them. Overall, I love Saw, but I hated this addition to the franchise.
½ September 4, 2016
I know a lot of people didn't like this one, but I didn''t think it was bad. I enjoyed it, and the least amount of people die in this one. It makes me mad that the people traped are so stupid and didn't work together.
August 7, 2016
How this series made it so far,.I don't know. Should have stuck with 1, possibly 2 and just ended it
July 30, 2016
My least favourite Saw, Like number 4 there's too much plot that seems to drag out the film and they add even more back story to make everything and everyone connect which can sometimes be abit confusing but again the traps and gory deaths do an ok job to keep us entertained but this time it's just not enough.
July 11, 2016
Saw 5 is not a great sequel by any Means but still adds to the story and the musical score by Charlie Clouser has gotten even more epic but over all don't see it unless you are a die hard Saw fan.
½ July 5, 2016
probably my favorite one after the original.
June 30, 2016
This is one of my favourite Saw films for sure. It has chilling, creative traps, Julie Benz (from Buffy, Angel and Dexter) and many more talented actors in it, plus doesn't get anhywhere near as ridiculous as 6 and 7 do.
June 30, 2016
I love how these movies continue and tie in to each other
Saw 5 was better then 4 but still not as good as 1 I love the story of 4 and 5 and seeing how it all unfolds it's great

Worthwhile watching
June 26, 2016
Another mindless Saw film that just plain out fails. Although the little twist at the end wasn't that bad, but again the repetiveness, and bad performances is what really tortured the originality out of this film.
½ June 22, 2016
Saw V doesn't do much more to the series except satisfy the hunger for more traps
½ June 13, 2016
It's plot isn't as inventive as the original three, or even the fourth one, and the same goes to its traps. Some clever twists and overall good performances cannot save this film from being the most lackluster installment yet.
June 11, 2016
Kinda looks cheap but a good twist
½ June 7, 2016
I'm basically guaranteed to enjoy anything SAW-related, but this is admittedly one of the weaker entries in the series. Tobin Bell is phenomenal as always, and the character of John Kramer AKA Jigsaw is a fascinating one to explore - even after his death - so the flashback scenes are legitimately great. However, there is so little focus put on the main 'game' in the film that it appears to be an after-thought, and I think it should have been better developed and thought through. The pacing of the film is jarringly slow compared to what the audience has become used to in this series, and I feel that is another flaw of the film. All in all though, there are still great traps and some stand-out scenes (most notably John's 'recruitment' of Hoffman) so it's by no means a waste of time to fans of the series.
½ May 27, 2016
saw series are the best movies I've seen ever.. I'm not talking about the horror as I don't see it's scaring at all, I meant the story itself, the plot and the ending which make you see the movie in a different eye I can't stop repeating all the series again and again and again
May 24, 2016
Looking back, I'd say this is the worst out of the series so far. The beginning was very good and now we know what Hoffman is up to, it's Scott Patterson character (who was also in the fourth) trying find out what is going on and is on Hoffman's trail. Plus we get to find how and why Hoffman met up with Jigsaw. The traps are good but the film was too slow and some of the acting could've been better. Having said that, it is well written again. Although I knew what the twist was way before the end and didn't surprise me at all. Great beginning but the last 45 minutes dull. Nice way to end the film with the crushing wall scene though. Even the most die-hard of Saw fans won't credit how tedious, lame and pointless this fourth sequel manages to be, even though it does have some nice touches. The main problem with the film is like I said, it's very slow and when the scenes become dialog it's boring and almost puts the film to a halt. Though the worst in the series, it's still a chapter in the franchise and does explain a few things but eventually things must come to an end. The film does have it's moments but you have to watch it to know what's going on...if you've never seen the other four films, don't bother with this, does continue the story but with few answers.
May 7, 2016
Jigsaw and the saw crew just keep impressing me, i didn't think it was possible with this many movies, but we'll see with 6.
April 13, 2016
Saw V has one of the mildest traps in the franchise but the story was sort of unique. It really could have ended right here but they've left a cliff hanger for the next film.
March 22, 2016
I don't remember a thing that happened in this movie. Maybe that's a good thing.