Saw V - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Saw V Reviews

May 17, 2017
I'm Only Just Using Regular Practical Bloody Splatter Over The Top Gore Effects For My Movies Not CGI.
½ March 27, 2017
The storyline became epic and I hate the antagonist so much. haha sike
½ January 18, 2017
Refer to my review for the 3rd installment.
½ December 23, 2016
The series has definitely run out of gas, proving that killing Jigsaw in the third film was a big mistake. Most of what we see here is nothing more than a ridiculous rehash of the previous films and the ending doesn't come close to the brilliance of the first two.
½ November 15, 2016
1.5/5 By far the weakest entry in the series. Apart from two solid traps, the rest of the movie is a waste.
½ October 31, 2016
Saw 5 has hands down 2 of my favorite scenes in the entire franchise. The Cube and the final scene of Saw 5. The Cube was such an intense trap and great scene. The end scene of Saw 5 is probably top 3 favorite. How straight forward it is and how it isn't a twist at all. Hoffman straight tells Strahm what to do to live. Saw 5 is solid.
October 25, 2016
Oh wow! More hilarious blood and guts in a circus of death!
October 24, 2016
Probably the worst Saw movie!
September 20, 2016
Hated this. And that is after enjoying the others. The fifth installment in the Saw series fell COMPLETELY flat for me. IT was more or less a clip show of the past four movies retelling the story as if you just jumped into the series. This slowed it down significantly. It was an hour into the movie before we were even introduced to the test. Therefore, I was not invested in the character and did not care what happened to them. Overall, I love Saw, but I hated this addition to the franchise.
½ September 4, 2016
I know a lot of people didn't like this one, but I didn''t think it was bad. I enjoyed it, and the least amount of people die in this one. It makes me mad that the people traped are so stupid and didn't work together.
August 7, 2016
How this series made it so far,.I don't know. Should have stuck with 1, possibly 2 and just ended it
jamrcla
July 30, 2016
My least favourite Saw, Like number 4 there's too much plot that seems to drag out the film and they add even more back story to make everything and everyone connect which can sometimes be abit confusing but again the traps and gory deaths do an ok job to keep us entertained but this time it's just not enough.
July 11, 2016
Saw 5 is not a great sequel by any Means but still adds to the story and the musical score by Charlie Clouser has gotten even more epic but over all don't see it unless you are a die hard Saw fan.
½ July 5, 2016
probably my favorite one after the original.
June 30, 2016
This is one of my favourite Saw films for sure. It has chilling, creative traps, Julie Benz (from Buffy, Angel and Dexter) and many more talented actors in it, plus doesn't get anhywhere near as ridiculous as 6 and 7 do.
June 30, 2016
I love how these movies continue and tie in to each other
Saw 5 was better then 4 but still not as good as 1 I love the story of 4 and 5 and seeing how it all unfolds it's great

Worthwhile watching
June 26, 2016
Another mindless Saw film that just plain out fails. Although the little twist at the end wasn't that bad, but again the repetiveness, and bad performances is what really tortured the originality out of this film.
½ June 22, 2016
Saw V doesn't do much more to the series except satisfy the hunger for more traps
½ June 13, 2016
It's plot isn't as inventive as the original three, or even the fourth one, and the same goes to its traps. Some clever twists and overall good performances cannot save this film from being the most lackluster installment yet.