Secondhand Lions - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Secondhand Lions Reviews

May 20, 2017
Very well produced. I loved the animals.
May 15, 2017
Funny, touching, action-packed. Perfect for kids, adults, etc. Been my favorite movie since I was only 11 or so.
May 15, 2017
Loved this movie. It was profound and funny.
May 10, 2017
One of my favorite movies. If you have boys it is a must see film!
February 27, 2017
This is one of the most amazing movies I've ever seen. A heartwarming story.
February 24, 2017
Probably my favorite kids' movie.
February 5, 2017
One of my favorite movies. I just love how these guys show the kid how to be a real man not some punk. Def a movie worth buying.
January 17, 2017
one of the best movies i have ever seen
December 8, 2016
An thoroughly enjoyable and wonderful movie!
December 4, 2016
Learnin from his Elders!
½ November 25, 2016
Nice family movie with a message of love.
½ November 9, 2016
An engaging, if familiar coming-of-age story with spunk, wit and charm.
October 8, 2016
If you are looking for a funny, quirky, off-beat movie, this is it. Michael Caine and Robert Duvall are perfect in the role of eccentric great uncles that we all would have loved to had.
½ July 31, 2016
I know it's kinda cheesy, but I love this movie.
½ July 30, 2016
I don't like this because the lion didn't show up until the middle of the movie, plus the explorer part was very unnecessary.
July 13, 2016
When I first watched this I just loved it. I don't remember how old I was but I was young. A first it was more of the jokes and a just the overall feeling that drew me in. Over the years I've seen more of why they do what they do and things I haven't noticed before. If you like happy ending family films (with some sad bits) it's a movie you might want to check out.
June 30, 2016
64%
Saw this on 30/6/16
The cast is it's biggest strength, especially Robert Duvall and the film definitely has its moments, but its nowhere in comparison to the earler films of Haley Joel Osment such as Sixth Sense, Pay it forward or A.I. Artificial Intelligence. The film simply lacks in plot, but its well intentioned, making it unjust to criticize it for the lack of plot.
June 29, 2016
We love this movie so much. Michael Caine and Robert Duvall are perfect together. This movie has it all...laughter, tears, action and tears. The music is perfect. Osment does a great job. It he best thing is, anyone can watch this movie, children to oldsters.its just a wonderful story that got a bum rap from the critics because no bad language, no sex or blood or even demons. Watch this movie for your self nod get a feel good feeling when it's over.
June 13, 2016
One of the best feelgood movies of all time.
May 25, 2016
Saw this when it came out. Now, a dozen years later (and I'm now the age of those bachelor uncles) and I cried like a baby.

Plus one of the best fight scenes in the movies :)