Seed of Chucky - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Seed of Chucky Reviews

January 9, 2017
The same as they have done a lot of stupid movies of absurd and silly terror, a boring film, honestly something that does not bring anything new.
January 2, 2017
It's good movie to watch
December 22, 2016
A pretty bad followup to the re-inventive "Bride Of", this time we follow the gender-confused child as he struggles in a world of two killer doll parents. Oh, Jennifer Tilly herself shows up as Jennifer Tilly, with Redman! A huge mess and dissapointment.
December 16, 2016
this app is good I love it
December 10, 2016
The tone of this series took a decidedly comedic shift if tone after "Bride of Chucky," which was a wise move. The idea of a diminutive killer redhead doll is pretty ridiculous concept that's not exactly easy to pull off as a straight horror film. However, I will say the original film did just that and a lot of credit goes to director Tom Holland, who also pulled of a similar feat with "Fright Night." Bu to this film in particular, the franchise gets decidedly meta when Chucky and Tiffany (again voiced by Brad Dourif and Jennifer Tilley) are resurrected by their creepy doll son. The film gets meta when Chucky and Tiffany hatch a scene to impregnate Jennifer Tilly, who is playing Hollywood actress Jennifer Tilly filming the latest Chucky horror film. Series writer Don Mancini takes over directing duties here and does a good job of balancing the darkly comic tone and the sort of violent mayhem horror fans are expecting. I do think that it's commendable that this series has kept Mancini on for all of the films, which is not something that I think can be said of any other long running horror franchise. Top tall this goofy horror fun off with John Waters in a small role as a paparazzi and a good score by Pino Donaggio, and you get a much better of horror film than you'd expect from a killer doll movie.
½ November 30, 2016
It's a shame to see how much of a plot hole this movie has now created, and how much money they spent and effort, but this film is a very, very, very bad film. It's not a good comedy, it's not a good horror, it's just overall a flop.
½ November 12, 2016
Not only is this by far the worst Chucky movie, it could easily make my list of the worst horror movies ever made. It's plot is bizarre and it fails at being scary or funny.
November 7, 2016
Love love love this movie
½ October 31, 2016
In Bride of Chucky, the series became self-aware and began making satirical jokes while carving up bodies in a playful way. It gave a new wind to a stale franchise. This movie goes too far down the comedy well for its own good. The result is a disastrous movie that feels like a B grade horror movie rather than the fifth movie in an established and well-liked series. The movie revolves around a timid but good-natured doll brought to life looking for his parents and his origins. He finds out that his parents are none other than Chucky and Tiffany. He finds them in hopes of a happy reunion but is horrified to see they are serial killers who relish murder. Under their pressure of their child who has no determined sex, they agree to be a family and stop killing. Chucky argues that they have a son named Glen while Tiffany insists that they have a daughter named Glenda. Naturally, Chucky and Tiffany target human hosts to transfer their soul into, as they always do. Tiffany targets the actress Jennifer Tilly playing herself. This is the same actress doing the voice work for Tiffany. It is laying the satire on thick with this. Neither of the parents can kick their murderous habits, and the usual carnage ensues. This series is no longer scary at all; it is entirely campy laughs and self-referential jokes. It is not funny enough to bother with, and the Doll characters are not fun anymore. This series disintegrated from suspenseful horror, to bad horror, to self-aware parody, and finally to a big sloppy joke. This should mark the end of this series. I rarely say this, but it is time for a reboot that brings the darkness and seriousness of the story back.
October 3, 2016
Amo a Chucky y punto!
September 7, 2016
Another Horror Comedy version of Chucky, however this one loses a bit of its originality due to a more Hollywood premise. Although the film is rather entertaining, and has more humour than Bride of Chucky, I feel that it loses its spooky premise.
½ August 23, 2016
Horrible acting horrible chucky scenes, horrible characters but I wish I could give it a 0/5
½ August 14, 2016
2.5/5. Not good enough to be a good movie, but not cheesy enough to be so bad it's good. It's entertaining in it's own way, but I wish they had gone even further off the deep end with Seed.
½ July 18, 2016
The only thing more ridiculous then this title is this movie. First of all how do dolls have baby's, why is a movie studio using the real murderous dolls in their film, how do you kill someone with a string, and why did a guy not realize his guts just fell out of his stomach? This movie is so bad Chucky can never be scary after this film, it's just impossible.
½ July 15, 2016
Basically a comedy and is still a very entertaining watch. I'm glad bride, Seed and Curse were made. They greatly improved upon this franchise after the lackluster third film.
½ July 4, 2016
This flick really ruined the childs play series to this point turning one of the most frightening villains in horror movie history and turning him into a sex crazed maniac with low interest level it seems every good thing has been ruined about this antagonist.also the dark comedy to this point doesn't help at all and actually ruins everything that made chucky scary.
May 15, 2016
A great-funny-Horror. I really enjoyed-it.
May 15, 2016
Very funny movie, the dark humor was perfect!
½ May 12, 2016
For what many fans consider the worst of the franchise, I didn't think it was half bad. Part of that may come from the fact that I always found the Child's Play films more goofy than scary, so the fact that writer/director Don Mancini decided to go full on self-parody doesn't bother me as badly as it did others. The highlights come from the various cameos sprinkled throughout the film, John Waters being my personal favorite. Props definitely have to go out to Jennifer Tilly for being up to self mockery, and she arguably brings out the film's best moments. The new character Glen/Glenda, voiced by Billy Boyd, also bring out the film's more unexpected moments, as the film follows his/her own self discovery with his/her gender identity. It's an unexpected subplot for a slasher flick, but that's part of the film's uniqueness among these self-parody horror films.