Seven (Se7en) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Seven (Se7en) Reviews

½ August 23, 2017
Se7en has me at the edge of my seat from beginning to end. Brad Pitt and Morgan Freeman give great performances in this spine tingling movie
August 19, 2017
The premise felt somewhat familiar, maybe "the seven deadly sins" is a common arch in crime stories. What made it really interesting to watch was the dynamic of Pitt and Freeman, both very different characters, with quite a unique chemistry. It was a slow-burning story but when it reached its end, you just had to agree it made for a very good movie!
August 12, 2017
wonderfully crafted movie, but very dark and brutal.
½ August 1, 2017
Expected something more from worldwide movie classic.
½ July 23, 2017
What is Seven? A detective thriller? A noir? A horror film? A psychoanalysis? It's really hard to say except a little bit of all these. Makes for such an intriguing combination that it's hard to turn off, even after it's over.
½ July 11, 2017
epic ending plot twist!!!!
July 1, 2017
Suspenseful, haunting, and very dark in nature, Seven is a film you don't want to watch twice
½ June 26, 2017
Retiring police Detective Somerset and new transfer Detective Mills discover a number of elaborate and bloody murders perpetrated by a serial killer based on the seven deadly sins. Morgan Freeman and Kevin Spacey's performances are so great and convincing, their characters are so detailed and calm. The ending is totally haunting and scary. The film has an excellent structure and its nomination for Film Editing is well deserved. It is worth watching it. It keeps you interested.
½ June 25, 2017
Great movie , amazing cast.
Two detectives fall into the trap of an insane killer who is creating a masterpiece to fulfill "God's work"
June 23, 2017
Seven is original, suspenseful and adds up perfectly to it's chilling climax in which the twist is revealed. Seven is extremely well made and acted, it's focus on the seven deadly sins being used as ways to murder people was both shocking and original. Seven will always be a special movie for me and a must watch.
½ June 18, 2017
There is a distinct joy that one gets from watching David Fincher. I can't pin it down to any one thing, whether it's the cinematography or the plot twist or something else. However, his films' ability to consistently grip the viewer by the throat and not let go for two hours has stayed with me, and is one of the reasons why he is one of my top five directors working today.

My greatest regret is that I did not watch Se7en when it came out. Over the twenty-odd years that have passed since, it is no longer a surprise that Kevin Spacey is John Doe and we all have a pretty good idea what is in the box. Nonetheless, the film is slick and tight, two hours of pure suspense and action. It is refreshing to see some earlier work from both Morgan Freeman and Brad Pitt, and the odd couple shows that even the most distinct of actor pairings can produce the best of films. Dark to its core, Se7en is perhaps David Fincher's most unforgiving of films, and that is saying a lot (see: The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo). What to see next? Ah yes, Zodiac.
June 16, 2017
This film was an amazing film. Its a suspenseful ride till the end. The "Box" ending is amazing. The score was chilling. The cast is great. Freeman and Pitt were amazing. The actor for John Doe was amazing also. This film is a thrilling ride.

Rating: 10/10
June 5, 2017
Brilliantly original, a gruesome success.
May 25, 2017
Scary and fucked up! I loved it!
½ May 20, 2017
A great idea for a motif and modus operandi, great acting, great surprises, great development. I wish I had the chance to be able to spot the killer at some point in the movie, though.
May 16, 2017
This is not David Fincher's debut, he also directed Alien 3. However, this is his first original directorial debut. This film has a very deliberately slow pace, but that just all builds up to the shootouts. It is not as good as Fight Club or Panic Room, I will say that right now. However, it is a damn good film at that. Brad Pitt and Morgan Freeman make an excellent team, and Kevin Spacey is absolutely haunting as the killer. You probably won't recognize him, due to his shaved head. However, I've seen plenty of movies with Kevin Spacey, so I know exactly how his voice sounds. The ending will definitely mess you up and will leave thinking about it for days afterwards. Not for the faint of heart by any means, but fantastic if you like extremely dark movies.
May 10, 2017
Dark and disturbing, David Fincher's thriller is a masterpiece. Pitt and Freeman are both amazing and Kevin Spacey is incredibly disturbing as the villain.
April 30, 2017
I swear they got their moneys worth from the rain machine, this film has constant rain lol. Great film!
April 28, 2017