Seven Psychopaths - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Seven Psychopaths Reviews

April 12, 2018
A great cast and a self-aware script collide to create an entertaining mess of a film.
March 13, 2018
The plot of this movie was as confused as it's main character. Even with an all star cast it failed to bring any humor to the screen. The only thing that I came away with from this film is that Sam Rockwell plays a good deranged looney, as also seen in Moon.
½ February 25, 2018
Unique in style, dark humor and tones, this bizarre comedy benefits itself with a great cast selection, terrific over-the-top performances, enough violence and even some smart satire and commentary in several subjects, all with the final resolution of delivering and odd-yet-perfectly satisfying crime flick, showing writer and director Martin McDonagh once again as a true figure with its own voice and signature, something lacking in many flicks nowadays.
½ February 16, 2018
Very funny and entertaining movie. Great cast and well told.
½ February 11, 2018
Such a great blend of characters, plot, acting, and dialogue
February 3, 2018
Didn't find it very funny.
January 30, 2018
Seven Psychopaths retains the signature marks from writer-diretor Martin McDonagh - like the black humour and the witty script - and adds up a bunch of great performances - particularly Sam Rockwell.
January 27, 2018
Very different. Entertaining and distiurbing.
December 23, 2017
Imperfect movie with a special place in my heart. Compared to In Bruges it's almost a disaster but, as far as disasters go, It's a fun one. Also, Harrelson and Rockwell kill it!
½ December 8, 2017
Came in wanting to love this, but came away thinking it was only alright. The meta movie commentary gets kinda old and is too cutesy at times.
November 20, 2017
For Martin McDonagh's sophomore picture (following his fairly excellent debut feature In Bruges), the writer seems to want to say something personal. Seven Psychopaths is blatantly trying to uncover the writing process, as well as lampoon Hollywood, but unfortunately it's meshed into an uneven crime film. A shame, cause the film initially seems to really understand post-Tarantino cool, with the slickly written dialogue between it's highly eccentric cast of characters, as well as with the humorous gore. In fact, the film works incredibly well until the last act, when the script inexplicably becomes lazy and uncreative. Any message McDonagh seems to want to say goes right through the cracks, during the flat ending. It's enough to make any film nerd stand up and scream, "What happened?!?!...oh right, the studio."

P.S. This also really irked me. Abbie Cornish and Olga Kurrlenko both have minimal roles in the movie despite what advertising would have you believe. That's right, those hot European actresses are solely on the poster for marketing purposes. Further proof that I think McDonagh needs to work with new producers for his next film.
November 10, 2017
funniest black humour i have ever seen...
½ October 3, 2017
Ha ha!
There you go, no need for fancy oscar's, a true cinema with witty dialogue and clever cinematography make this bizzaro story come to life!
a very nice surpise on the evening TV, recommended for crazy heads.
½ September 25, 2017
Martin McDonagh wants to be like Quintin Tarantino, but he's not even close. Don't waste your time watching this film. The Tomatometer for this film should be no more than 50%. Can't believe so many amazing actors agreed to work on it.
½ September 1, 2017
Seven Psychopaths is a clever, subversive, and hilarious satire of offensiveness in movies.
August 31, 2017
An interesting dark comedy.
August 27, 2017
One crazy film with a great cast. Reminds me of Pulp Fiction in nature. Is definitely over violent and gory for no reason at times.
August 23, 2017
An intricate, witty and uber creative story that gets better and better with every viewing.
July 21, 2017
A very thought provoking movie...I really recommend it! The end was unsatisfactory but the movie actually deals with that...it's really great!...especially after thinking about it a while...at first I was thinking it was just okay but it just stuck with me in a way a lot of stories don't so I think I just had to give it another star...and recommend it.
July 2, 2017
Stylish in the vein of Tarantino or Guy Ritchie, but the story is lacking.