Seven Psychopaths - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Seven Psychopaths Reviews

November 10, 2017
funniest black humour i have ever seen...
½ October 3, 2017
Ha ha!
There you go, no need for fancy oscar's, a true cinema with witty dialogue and clever cinematography make this bizzaro story come to life!
a very nice surpise on the evening TV, recommended for crazy heads.
½ September 25, 2017
Martin McDonagh wants to be like Quintin Tarantino, but he's not even close. Don't waste your time watching this film. The Tomatometer for this film should be no more than 50%. Can't believe so many amazing actors agreed to work on it.
½ September 1, 2017
Seven Psychopaths is a clever, subversive, and hilarious satire of offensiveness in movies.
August 31, 2017
An interesting dark comedy.
August 27, 2017
One crazy film with a great cast. Reminds me of Pulp Fiction in nature. Is definitely over violent and gory for no reason at times.
August 23, 2017
An intricate, witty and uber creative story that gets better and better with every viewing.
July 21, 2017
A very thought provoking movie...I really recommend it! The end was unsatisfactory but the movie actually deals with that...it's really great!...especially after thinking about it a while...at first I was thinking it was just okay but it just stuck with me in a way a lot of stories don't so I think I just had to give it another star...and recommend it.
July 2, 2017
Stylish in the vein of Tarantino or Guy Ritchie, but the story is lacking.
June 26, 2017
The 7 Psychopaths is an Excellent, unique film that creates its own genre. It is a dark, violent action comedy that at the same time makes you question deep issues like vengeance, and the void we all will face with our impending death.
The film is written and directed by filmmaker Martin McDonagh, who made the admired "In Bruges," starring Colin Farrell. The talented duo reunited for this film with Farrell playing the protagonist, a failed screenwriter named Marty. Marty is played by Farrell as a struggling screenwriter who seems to have gone though life getting by on his good looks. Marty is writing a script called "The 7 Psychopaths," but he is stuck in a writing rut, afflicted with the virus that infects all writers at one time, writer's block.
Marty's "unofficial" best friend is his actor pal Billy, played by Sam Rockwell. Billy is likeable, but dense, blowing up an acting audition when he insults the Director that would hire him. Billy soon becomes obsessed with helping Marty with his story, with some unexpected results. When Billy isn't auditioning and or lying about, he has a side gig with his older, scarf wearing friend Hans, as they kidnap dogs from wealthy areas and hold them for ransom. Hans is played by one of the greatest character actors of my generation, Christopher Walken.
Things go south for our "outside the box" entrepreneurs when they mistakenly steal the dog of a Gangster played by Woody Harrelson. Harrelson is at times cold blooded, yet also pathetic as he longs for his missing pooch. The missing dog brings about several gruesome deaths, but hey that why they are called dogs "Man's Best Friend!"
The first half of this movie seems at times like senseless violence, for violence sake. Please don't give up on this film like I almost did, because the talented Director completely changes the tone of the second half of this movie. I found it quite remarkable because the change in tone was plausible and integral to the story. It takes great confidence for a filmmaker to be daring, and it is done with great skill.
Tom Waits the musician, when he isn't acting, is unrecognizable in an important role as a serial killer who Marty interviews as research for his story.
For me, the definition of a Great film is whether you want to see it a second time. This film almost demands a second viewing, to appreciate the witty dialogue, and excellent acting. I highly recommend this film, and please watch through the credits as there is an interesting final twist.
June 25, 2017
Super funny, and extremely well done.
June 4, 2017
Love this movie! Awesome characters and inventive story line. Outstanding acting. ~ the best
½ May 14, 2017
Absorbing, fun and memorable movie
April 3, 2017
Intriguing. Sam Rockwell reminds me Edward Norton in a way.
March 30, 2017
Might watch it again, but as of now, I loved it.
March 21, 2017
This movie is as brilliant a movie can get, it got everything. It is exactly the movie they tried to write in the movie.
March 13, 2017
Excellent! First class staff and a first class plot. Original, entertaining, funny and exciting.
March 12, 2017
I really tried to get into the unique style of this movie but ultimately was made uncomfortable by most of it. The movie has a nonsensical story and situations that don't really add up. I think the actors do their best with the material given to them but ultimately they can't save this movie.I was just waiting for this movie to end, it feels much longer than it is. I didn't find it really all that funny, considering it supposed to be a comedy. It has some cool moments of over the top violence and dialogue that I would've probably enjoyed if the story made any sense.
½ February 12, 2017
The violence and black comedy mesh well together, entertaining fair that's all largely surface.
February 7, 2017
Why the hell has it taken me so long to watch this movie?! Shame on me.

Thoroughly enjoyed.