Seven Psychopaths - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Seven Psychopaths Reviews

April 3, 2017
Intriguing. Sam Rockwell reminds me Edward Norton in a way.
March 30, 2017
Might watch it again, but as of now, I loved it.
March 21, 2017
This movie is as brilliant a movie can get, it got everything. It is exactly the movie they tried to write in the movie.
March 13, 2017
Excellent! First class staff and a first class plot. Original, entertaining, funny and exciting.
March 12, 2017
I really tried to get into the unique style of this movie but ultimately was made uncomfortable by most of it. The movie has a nonsensical story and situations that don't really add up. I think the actors do their best with the material given to them but ultimately they can't save this movie.I was just waiting for this movie to end, it feels much longer than it is. I didn't find it really all that funny, considering it supposed to be a comedy. It has some cool moments of over the top violence and dialogue that I would've probably enjoyed if the story made any sense.
½ February 12, 2017
The violence and black comedy mesh well together, entertaining fair that's all largely surface.
February 7, 2017
Why the hell has it taken me so long to watch this movie?! Shame on me.

Thoroughly enjoyed.
January 15, 2017
This is a great movie that will engage you from the first scene to the last, fab music too. The plot is clever without being up its own arse. Surely this will attain classic status over the years? Great performances from Christopher Walken, Sam Rockwell and Tom Waits particularly. Highly recommended.
January 3, 2017
It's good movie to watch
½ December 13, 2016
Colin Farrell, Sam Rockwell and Christopher fucking Walken in the same film? Sold.

Marty is a struggling writer in Hollywood who wants to finish his latest script, as he only has the name so far: "Seven Psychopaths". His friend Billy, a temperamental actor who makes a living by kidnapping dogs with his partner Hans, tries to encourage him finish his script. One day, Hans and Billy kidnap the dog of a violent mob boss, who doesn't take kindly the disappearance of his dog, so begins a wacky adventure that will inspire Marty to finish his script.

While I love the three leads and I've heard good things about this film, I was preoccupied as this falls into what I label 'nonsense films' (the plot is ludicrous, irrelevant and keeps getting crazier as it goes along, the characters are cartoons, comedy that tries too hard, fast pacing, and overconfident direction) and normally I don't like them (I hate "Kiss Kiss Bang Bang" and I have mix feelings about "The Big Lebowski", just to mention a few examples) but after seeing it I have to say I was surprised. "Seven Psychopaths" has fantastic acting (each actor understood the type of film they were in), the characters are the cartoonish type that you would expect for a film like this, but they are so over the top and full of charisma (I haven't seen such dumb, over the top but charismatic lead characters since John Goodman in "Big Lebowski"), McDonagh's direction comes up like a mixture of Ruben Fleischer and Tarantino (imagine a Tarantino script with "Zombieland" directing style), the dialog is hilarious (even if it is an attempt to duplicate Tarantino's style), and it is perfectly fast paced.

"Seven Psychopaths" is an over the top film that works thanks to its cast and its Tarantino wannabe script. Highly enjoyable, dumb, meta, over the top, charming, and it doesn't overstay its welcome. One of the few nonsense films I like.
December 5, 2016
A crazy ride of a film that doesn't let go. Plenty of meta humor and interesting characters make this film.
November 11, 2016
Had a cousin who would not shut up about how great this movie was. Therefore, I have gone 4 years trying to avoid watching this movie out of spite... Really sucks because I wanted to see this movie and it looks great.
November 10, 2016
i seriously could not figure out another way how this movie could be better to be hounest ... Seriously ,...
November 9, 2016
Brilliantly hysterical in every way.
½ October 27, 2016
Amazing dialogue and characters, an original entertaining story, the directing is great and the performances are incredible.
½ October 22, 2016
3,5/5 Ratings for Seven Psychopath
F: 70%
R: 30%
Crime Comedy Thriller Horror
October 17, 2016
Smartly written and hilariously over-the-top.
October 14, 2016
While it lacks the bite of McDonagh's debut "In Bruges", on it's own terms Seven Psychopaths is a sharp, gruesome and enjoyable romp with a humorous crime set that's more of less as an excuse to pick fun of genre tropes and film making in general.
August 23, 2016
Seven Psychopaths is a fantastic dramedy with entertaining characters, smart social commentary, insane violence and a near-perfect balance of laugh out loud comedy and heartfelt drama about the struggles of being a writer.
August 22, 2016
Bloody, darkly funny, entertaining, and above all well acted. These are the reasons why "seven psychopaths" is one of my all-time favorite movies.