Shark Night 3D Reviews

• Oct 23, 2020

"Shark Night" plays like a cross between "Sharknado" and "Deliverance", but it somehow isn't much fun to watch. There's too little exciting action, even of the goofy overblown-CGI kind, which is the least that may be expected from this movie. The actual shark scenes are almost always one-sided and dependent on banal contrivances so that people are eaten but there is neither suspense nor actual palpable conflict between man and man-eating fish. Much of the movie centers way too much four rednecks who capture the protagonists, then torment and feed them to the sharks. It's not fun to watch the characters being terrorized. It's not fun watching them being helplessly dropped into the water as shark bait. It isn't fun when one of the rednecks makes a female protagonist strip then drop herself into the water as bait. And it is not fun in the meantime to watch the romantic dilemma between Sara and Nick, who are obligatory, standard, and do nothing out of the ordinary.

• Aug 19, 2020

This movie sucked lol. 0 stars if I could

This movie sucked lol. 0 stars if I could

• Aug 19, 2020

Good watch, might watch again, and can recommend if you like horror / sharks. I imagine for someone who doesn't care about sharks, this might actually be a little boring. They're used really well for a horror mechanic, there is almost a Rob Zombie vibe to this one. The weirdest part of "sharks in a lake" is how the sharks are surviving, or if we believe the movie discussion that it's a "salt water lake". There are lakes of weirder stuff, so a lake of salt water is reasonable, but it is very clear when you are in salt water versus fresh water. It is honestly the biggest problem with the movie: the rest makes a lot of sense so it doesn't play with your suspension of disbelief. The story is well structured, and the actors mostly do a good job. Overall, it's just not the best movie though. I personally don't mind forces of nature as adversity / antagonists, I liked "Crawl", but it has to done with a good delivery. I don't feel like I care about the characters or the sharks all that much. It feels like there should be options to just stay out of the water, which is what makes "sharks in the ocean" scary, its harder to get away. In the end its a good watch that feels like it should be a great watch, but that could just be critical thinking defeating my movie experience.

• Jun 17, 2020

honestly one of the worst movies i've ever seen. it made absolutely no sense, but i did have a good time making fun of it lol.

• May 19, 2020

I don't know what you guys went in expecting after seeing the trailer and walking into a movie called Shark Night that is rated PG13, but it is at least entertaining. Don't get me wrong...it's a bad movie, but a whole lot more entertaining than most bad movies. Watch it expecting PG13 violence and a whole lot of camp and you won't be too disappointed.

• May 16, 2020

We rated this one second on best shark films. Less generic than all other shark films but could the first half definitely could leave you thinking your watching American pie

• Apr 21, 2020

I'm always amazed when a shark movie can be so dull. There are a few okay action sequences, but shark movies are about suspense. It's supposed to be fun scenes involving people yelling "Get out of the water!" or "Hurry up! Get back in the boat!" And things like that. This one seemed more like a PG-13 slasher film with a bunch of teens partying on the bayou and running afoul locals in shark infested waters. I suppose the action wasn't terrible, but it also wasn't all that interesting. Meh.

• Mar 30, 2020

Shark night is underrated. It's a pretty good movie. I would like it better if it was a little more gory though. They don't show the sharks eating the people. They kind of move the camera away just as the person is being eaten to maintain a pg-13 rating.

• Feb 17, 2020

Nothing new in terms of shark movies, but it's not that bad.

Nothing new in terms of shark movies, but it's not that bad.

• Nov 10, 2019

Alive dog tossed into water to be eaten. Female are sexually humiliated and harrasment. Bad taste. Nothing art of filming about it. Satisfied with director's sexist and animal abuse fantasy.