Shine a Light - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Shine a Light Reviews

October 24, 2015
Great rockumentary about the Rolling Stones by Martin Scorsese!
October 18, 2015
Total adulation for any Stones fan with fantastic visuals and sound quality.
June 7, 2015
As a documentary, it leaves much to be desired, but as a concert film, you can't ask for much better filmed footage and music from Martin Scorsese's Shine a Light.
March 12, 2015
Standard rock concert footage, like having the concert and interviews/behind the scenes stuff filmed separately. Not the Stones' best compilation.
January 18, 2015
Impresionante actuaciòn de los Stones y la direcciòn implecable de Scorsese.
July 17, 2014
A great Stone's concert movie, it is the Stone's at their most professional.
February 23, 2014
This Rolling Stones Concert film (they are playing a benefit concert for Bill Clinton), directed by Martin Scorsese, is about as good as a concert film can be. The fact that you get to see Scorsese stressing about how he is going to shoot this thing gives it a little edge over other concert films too. I've never been a huge Stones fan really, I mean I like them, but I've always been more partial to the Beatles. Okay I'm actually a GIANT Beatles fan. Still, the Stones have plenty of great tunes, and it is fun to see how even though they are old as dirt they can still rock pretty hard. This might be better than his concert film for The Band, long considered one of the best concert films ever made. Scorsese is a master who can pretty much direct anything and it will somehow come out pretty good.
½ February 1, 2014
A good concert of the Stones shot by Martin Scorsese. It's entertaining but it remains a concert nothing less but nothing more.
½ January 12, 2014
one of the best directors and one of the greatest rock n roll bands ever! What else can you expect? Seeing the Rolling Stones through the eyes of director Martin Scorsese. We don't spend too much on the set up. There are several old interviews and extras. Shine a Light is an awesome film even if your no fan.
½ January 2, 2014
I love The Rolling Stones, I love Martin Scorsese, therefore I fucking love this movie.
September 23, 2013
Awesome. Mick Jagger still amazes me & I love that Scorsese does stuff like this.
September 4, 2013
Ultimately just another live concert flick that could have been directed by anyone; it looks it. By no means to par with Scorsese's work on The Last Waltz.
½ August 28, 2013
Arguably one of the best concert movies ever. From the very start, the movie is practically the filming of Scorsese's love for the Stones and his attempt to prove that these guys, despite the age, still know better how it's done. And it is a really great attempt.
½ July 31, 2013
Competent music doco about the Rolling Stones but I expected more from Scorsese. I was pleased to see though that Keith's personality was highlighted in "Shine A Light" as he is usually overshadowed by the charismatic Mick Jagger. And it is always a joy to watch Buddy Guy and Jack White do what they do best.
½ July 7, 2013
Not an instant favorite for me. But, it's a great concert film. Long live the Stones!
May 18, 2013
You're on stage with the stones and friends and it sounds amazing. See it in iMax and really feel it.
½ April 2, 2013
They still sound pretty good.
February 14, 2013
One of the most skillfully crafted concert films of all time, Shine a Light finds that the senior aged Stones are tighter than ever, and Mick Jagger somehow maintains an energy that would be shocking in a twenty year old. Better still, the setlist actually includes deep cuts from Exile on Main St., and Undercover. Also worth watching for- Jack White's guest appearance.
February 7, 2013
A lack luster bland look at one of the greatest rock bands in history although there is good music it really doesnt seem Scorsese did much to make it more interesting he should have done a documentary about the band. A disappointment to me!